News Breaking: Alex Pereira vs. Jamahal Hill announced as the UFC 300 Main Event

Who wins?

• Total voters
Should be a good fight, not UFC 300 hyped up event type fight

This isn't the "mind-blowing" main event announcement Dana was promising for a special event. This is a reasonable main event for any other numbered card.

I don't want to pedal conspiracy but Alex Pereira will have fought LHWs coming off of injuries. Hill coming back this quickly from a ruptured achilles within a year is insane and favors Pereira to get a leg TKO or buckle the injured leg to a TKO finish. Why are the UFC not throwing Ank in there while Hill recovers? We all know why but this is the narrative I can't seeing with Pereira at LHW.

That's very good fight, as long as both have a proper training camp and show up in shape. There aren't any real super fights that can happen at this time and i'll take this over some some connor McGregor or inter division fights

Any word on who the backup will be for this fight? Seems like a good idea to have one for this one

Hugely disappointed in this announcement. Hill just isn't 300 main calibre and there is zero back story or heat on the bout. If you're doing this, throw Belal v Leon in as a third title fight to sweeten the pot. Don't get me wrong 300 it's a great card, but they have built expectations so high this is a huge let down.

I'm ok with it as AP has been one of the biggest stars the past couple of years for the UFC.

Better than a funky Conor or Jones fight.

Could be any normal stacked end of the year headliner. Pereira deserves main event, but this matchup isn't once in 8 years.

After all the waiting we get a disappointing announcement.
Pereira vs. Hill is a very good fight, but it is not worthy of headlining an over-hyped event like UFC 300.
For a card like that you need established Superstars that have a broad mainstream appeal. You need the GSP's, the Lesnar's, the Khabib's and the Rousey's of the world.
I think that in terms of star power, the whole 300 card is lackluster. Headlined by a Dana White's Contender Series fighter... Give me a break!

PS: I am not saying that the fights on the 300 card will suck. The hype is severely lacking, though.

Either of these guys could walk past me in the street and I wouldn't know who they are. No interest.

Any word on who the backup will be for this fight? Seems like a good idea to have one for this one
I still think its conor. I've been predicting it all this time and that last guy at the presser asked the right wtf questions. Conor is asking for too much...cuz he can. I bet my life he was going to be in 300 weeks ago and the initial offer/demand was lower than it is now.

NOW, with all the posts I've seen of fans being disappointed, conor can even demand MORE. Theres gotta be a compromise and theres time to do it.

298 & 299 still better imo

No. The 298 prelims were trash. And Pereira v Hill > O'Malley v Vera. You had unrealistic expectations. Other than throwing Conor on there or convincing Jones to fight there weren't any bigger fights to be made for 300.

No, this is a bullshit argument because Tate vs Nunes was not the SCHEDULED main event.

That would only be applicable for comparison if Hill vs Peireira falls out last minute and we have a Weili vs Yan main event.

Which would be not as good as Tate vs Nunes.

Weili v Yan > Tate v Nunes

Nunes was a nobody when she won the title. And Tate had just won the title, Weili is a 2 time champion with a title defense.

Back