Media BSD says he was completely dehydrated in Poirier fight, Dustin responds

Do you think that played a factor last weekend?

• Total voters
Screenshot_20240313-103023.png

6ixdog don't be making dem false narratives just cuz mans French I know it's easy to make fun of dem boiz but BSD mans wasn't dropping no excuses NOT ONE fam mans was just breaking it down for the fans what went down. My guy was on antibiotics and cleared out his wholeazz gut flora before stepping in with a top 5 LW 🤒💊. Messing with your gut flora like that messes up how you absorb nutrients turn food to energy typa ting and manage hydration dem ting crucial for peak performance fam you already know 💪🔬. So of course my yute was dehydrated mans probably spent 80% of the weight cut session on the toilet squirtin it all out🚽💦.

lmao at Poirier's response -- that's perfect; bonus points to BSD if he capitalizes on this excuse and comes out as a water drinking mascot in future fights
I’m not always a Poirier fan, but I literally LOLd at his response. 😂🤣

I doubt he's lying, but he should keep this to himself. Fighting is hard enough so I'm not going to give him shit for losing while being sick and instead I'll give him the respect he deserves for not dropping out, but it is indeed a bad look to continue to double down on this.

To answer the question in the poll, do I think it played a part in his performance this past Saturday? Yes. I still think he would have lost. His striking defense leaves a lot to be desired and Poirier is incredibly composed in the standup portion of a fight.

He is obviously a weight bully against 155ers. Move up to WW next fight oh wait he lost handily to a guy his own size once already.

View attachment 1034483

6ixdog don't be making dem false narratives just cuz mans French I know it's easy to make fun of dem boiz but BSD mans wasn't dropping no excuses NOT ONE fam mans was just breaking it down for the fans what went down. My guy was on antibiotics and cleared out his wholeazz gut flora before stepping in with a top 5 LW 🤒💊. Messing with your gut flora like that messes up how you absorb nutrients turn food to energy typa ting and manage hydration dem ting crucial for peak performance fam you already know 💪🔬. So of course my yute was dehydrated mans probably spent 80% of the weight cut session on the toilet squirtin it all out🚽💦.
2-youts-my-cousin-vinny.gif

He's making worse. Dude you lost, if you had a infection say before the fight, not afterwards when you got ko'd. Now this dehydration bollocks, rapidly losing respect for this man.

If he admitted he had staph before the fight he gets pulled. Agreed that he shouldn't make excuses after though. He made that choice, he needs to live with the outcome.

This may come as a shock to some of the RN's/MD's here on Sherdog, but taking broad spectrum antibiotics to treat an existing infection can have several side effects, including diarrhea --> electrolyte imbalance / dehydration. It can also make you, in general, feel like absolute ass.

I don't think benoit is doing himself any favors attempting to explain any mitigating factors here, especially in translations. But I'm not surprised he had a suboptimal performance given the circumstances. He was also performing well in spite of, anyway.

Hopefully he lives and learns from every aspect he can in this scenario: antibiotic therapy so close to a fight, weight management difficulties on antibiotic therapy, and attempting to be so transparent post-fight. Best to just keep mum and come back stronger next time, sharing these details only with Dana and UFC match makers.

I agree with this dork with a new account.
Thay was the best benoit saint denis the world had ever seen against an aged not at best poirier, and he got put down like that a full execution.
End of story back to prelims

Get yourself a Prime Sponsoring deal, never again.

It appears that Poirier thinks that it's important.
Not sure how he got staph (?); but insuring one's readiness is definitely part of the process.
It's the reason why the UFC doesn't take untrained athletes off the street and put them in prelims just to build up their future stars.

On the flip side, it is fairly amusing that JBJ can go on coke binges with hookers and whatnot but still show up come fight night.
He used to compete at 190 lbs in JJ tourneys right? The weight cut and staph for sure impeded his performance. Still an amazing win for Dustin.
^A rare logical take on this forum. Too many times these aspects of the fight/matchup/etc... would presented as mutually exclusive.

Well done!

I have no doubt that the infection and antibiotics made harder a weight cut that is already consequential.

But there is a deeper problem with BSD, he carries a shitload of injuries for a guy his age. He needs to review his training philosophy.
The culture in french army (despite the white flag memes) especially special forces, is to always force through pain and injuries. It's fine for the army because they retire most guys after 5-10 years but they age at 3x the normal rate and lots of them are crippled at 40.
How do you know? I am not doubting you, but did he talk about this before? It makes sense on the face of it, a guy who spent time in the special forces then comes to MMA and always goes balls to the wall is bound to have a ton of injuries.

Back