Can we stop the Belfort is a great striker hype?

The Jones fight showed us exactly how good of a striker Vitor is.

If you think a fighter's skills should be based off of 1) a single fight, or 2) a single fight with a champion, or 3) a single fight with a good striker that has an 84" reach, then you probably aren't going to add to my experience here.

Ignored.

wouldn't having KO power go hand and hand with being a good striker? Also people say he's a great strike for more than his KO power, the guy has an all around great standup game.

I was impressed with him in his fight with Bisping his kicks were looking good.

"Vitor is just a brawler.. Anderson needs to fight Manholf!"

epic facepalm levels on this one

Not every great striker has a smooth and technical style. Some guys are boxers, others are punchers. Vitor is a puncher.

So, lemme get this straight: because you think that he poses no treat to Anderson, that he automatically isn't a good striker?

tumblr_ls98wmYgNT1qavtndo1_400.gif

who are actually great strikers? what criteria are you using for determining someone as a great criteria.

Good striking by MMA standards and maybe the best killer instinct in the sport, it amazes me that Vitor is still so relevant in the UFC/MMA...he's been wrecking fools since '97.

This is getting annoying.

Belfort is someone who has a a lot of KO power and can explode in bursts but he is much more a brawler than a technical striker. He is just faster than his fellow brawlers.

He is a bjj guy with KO power and is absolutely no threat to Anderson Silva in the striking game. If we want to see Silva vs a good striker at MW, it is Mousasi or Manhoef we need to see, not Vitor Belfort who would get destroyed again.

Sheeeeiiiiiiiiiit. I feel hungover after reading this garbage.

He's decent at most, yet he's the best striker Silva has fought.

Vitor is a brilliant striker, TS......rewatch his fights. look at his fight with Eastman, he was so accurate its scary.

JR is a terrible striker because he lost to Cain.

not a great striker? da fuq?

results are golden and he finishes most of his fights with strikes. If he don't display the beauty of an anderson silva striker it doesn't change the effectiveness of it.

silva vs manhoef hahaha get the fuck out of here

I absolutely LOVE watching Manhoef, he's maybe the most entertaining fighter out, but there's no way he deserves, or would get a title shot.

It'd actually be really stupid for the UFC because even though he's a big dog, Manhoef can KO literally anyone (he's the only person to drop Mark Hunt, who has a brick for a head) if he catches them and if he somehow caught Silva (not likely but could happen) the UFC would have their greatest champion, their GOAT, lose to a guy whose not even close to the top ten in the division, which would send everything into a huge tailspin.

I'd order the PPV though

Belfort isn't a great technical striker but he's one of the best KO artists in the history of MMA... He was one of the first fighters in very early days MMA to show that it wasn't just all about grappling and there was a place for striking in the sport.

Not most technical, but unbelievable hands, unbelievable KOs, 90% of guys are afraid to stand with him, that's a great striker to me.

Also, I was very impressed with Vitor's kicks in this last fight... much better than I've ever seen from him before.

Back