Cancer Survivor Asked to Cover His Face While Dining at Forks Pit Stop

After seeing the guys face <Eek2.0> and then reading this part of the article I started laughing out loud:

“My father is the strongest man I know but, as he told me what happened to him, I watched tears roll out of his eye,”

tumblr_pgm9m7Jjoh1spilbpo1_400.png

giphy.gif

With all that free plastic surgery money Americans are given by the federal government? And he can't afford plastic surgery, literally in the article.

Right! He can't afford plastic surgery but somehow had the cancer treatment for free? Some doctors, like lawyers, do 'pro bono' work -- for free. It is not that difficult to find. There are many organizations that can help that man improve his facial condition. You should read about 'Doctors Without Borders'. This guy lives in the United States, not India or Nigeria.

Damn, that sucks. On one hand, I feel like saying "hide your face" is also like saying "How dare you bring your mutilated face that nearly killed you around ME when I'm trying to eat MY shitty bacon and eggs.

But on the other hand, kids really wouldn't grasp the concept of what they're seeing. I gusss we can show them that this kind of stuff exists in the world or we can continue to protect them from reality.

After seeing the guys face <Eek2.0> and then reading this part of the article I started laughing out loud:

“My father is the strongest man I know but, as he told me what happened to him, I watched tears roll out of his eye,”

tumblr_pgm9m7Jjoh1spilbpo1_400.png

giphy.gif
Haha same

Damn, that sucks. On one hand, I feel like saying "hide your face" is also like saying "How dare you bring your mutilated face that nearly killed you around ME when I'm trying to eat MY shitty bacon and eggs.

But on the other hand, kids really wouldn't grasp the concept of what they're seeing. I gusss we can show them that this kind of stuff exists in the world or we can continue to protect them from reality.

Trying to keep a child from puking or being terrified at a restaurant isn't "protecting them from reality".

There is plenty of ways to teach kids how to behave around people who are disfigured. Most parents probably don't love the idea of that being forced on them without any warning.

I don't even know why I wrote this. I just realized I don't really give a shit.

With all that free plastic surgery money Americans are given by the federal government?

For anyone who has beef instead of compassion for the half faced man, it's stated in the article he's tried wearing eye patches or nose coverings but cannot because it is too painful.

And he can't afford plastic surgery, literally in the article.

I assume you support federal health coverage for all Americans then, right?
His struggles—financially, emotionally and physically—are his business. I don't want to speak on what he should do or how he should feel.

I'm just saying I don't want a monster to be staring at me from across the way while I eat my burger

Last edited:
That guy has obviously had a rough go and I feel sorry for him. I wouldn’t want to live like that.

That said, if you don’t want to be grossed out when you eat, don’t eat at a gas station.

I feel sorry for the guy, but he could have done plastic surgery to look normal. The issue is children. Small kids get terrified when looking at someone like that. They don't really understand what they are looking at. The parents get upset. Yeah, the guy looks pretty 'creepy' and had I been in his shoes I would have gotten surgery. I think he enjoys some of the attention he gets.
You're talking about a guy who is likely a peasant considering he lives in a shithole like SC. Yeah, hes gonna get right on affording plastic surgey

For parents this should be a teaching opportunity. Lesson: Compassion, empathy, appreciation
For the people who asked him to change to make themselves feel better: Shame.
For the man; yeah, its probably a good idea to use some prosthetics. I really think it would help him.
On the bright side; I've been thinking of funding a one man show based on Frank Langella's Skeletor...
100%

Damn. I feel bad for the guy, but i'd personally want to cover up if I looked like that after surgeries.

Plus, doesn't having an eye socket and open nose like that prone to infection and stuff?

Can't even imagine what it's like having to live like that.

That's poor form but honestly nobody needs to see that shit while they are out eating.

Jesus, look at the state of him.

I mean has he never heard of a shave and haircut ? Scruffy beggar.....

“I had no choice! It was running my customers off.”

well, you lose business for the half hour or so the guy was around, or you lose a whole lot more business when the story of what you did gets out.

25it8p1.jpg

well hopefully he start one of those fund me things people post. And he can get a new nose and eye.

Seems like he'd want to cover up a missing eye and missing nose on his own.

I feel bad for the guy, but come on. I saw a person with oozing burn scars all over their face at a restaurant once and I straight up lost my appetite and didn't eat there.
You're a pansy.

Back