Chinese leader mocks weak, western Christian values.

So liberals like you supported the decimation of Iraq? That is who this is aimed at. You supported the invasion of Iraq?
Lol... what?

You're going to have to connect those polka dots a little better for me, Fruity Pebbles.

Every Senate "Nay" on the Iraq War was a Democrat:
Akaka (D-HI)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chafee (R-RI)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Graham (D-FL)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Reed (D-RI)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wyden (D-OR)
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=2&vote=00237

In the House 126 out or 131 "Nays" were Democrat
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/h455

Lol... what?

You're going to have to connect those polka dots a little better for me, Fruity Pebbles.

Every Senate "Nay" on the Iraq War was a Democrat:
Akaka (D-HI)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chafee (R-RI)
Conrad (D-ND)
Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Graham (D-FL)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Reed (D-RI)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Wellstone (D-MN)
Wyden (D-OR)
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=107&session=2&vote=00237

In the House 126 out or 131 "Nays" were Democrat
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2002/h455

Did you support and and still support the invasion of Iraq. How is that a hard question?

Did you support and and still support the invasion of Iraq. How is that a hard question?
Lol. No.

I was a senior at the time. I was actually considering joining the Marines... until I saw we were going to blow up a country for no reason.

If it becomes a "threat" to the Communist Party, Christianity will be destroyed and driven underground again.

Tyranny must be preserved for the Party Apparatchiks to even exist, and they will pay any human cost to maintain their tyranny.

It will be very difficult to stop hundreds of millions of Christians who are willing to fight and die for their faith. Christianity has survived many oppressive regimes and changed the social structure of many countries throughout its 2000 year history. It is fascinating that a religion that encourages turning the other cheek can spark such incredible change in a society.

Western values were spread by a sword. China and the US have locked up before in KOrea and didn't go well for the US.

lol China is too weak to take Taiwan.

China should be freaked out about their rising middle class.

Something tells me we’ll be OK.

55e0c1619dd7cc24008b6c64-750-979.png

you guys spend more than that. I swear i read 700 billion now on just the military but on your internal homeland military you spend another 100 billion and then CIA spends who knows.

Feds To SLAP China With Investment Restrictions, Export Controls

Washington - The Trump administration plans on rolling out new rules this week that would block firms with at least 25 percent Chinese ownership from buying U.S. companies in industrially significant technologies.

The White House appears to be leaning toward putting into place aggressive investment curbs favored by U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and White House trade adviser Peter Navarro - discarding a more conservative policy favored by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

Using the same "emergency powers" found in Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962 he used as the reason for tariffs on steel and aluminum, the Trump administration's investment restrictions and export controls are intended to pressure China to stop unfair trade practices that threaten U.S. technological leadership.

The announcement on administering this new restriction on Chinese investment is expected to be made on Friday this week by Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. He will report that the president in invoking his emergency powers to protect national and economic security in putting the restrictions in place.

You see that war as a win for china?
Yes, they achieved their strategical goal of keeping a communist state in NK. Americans almost had the victory until their ill fated attempt to invade NK.

I get your point.

The thing is China can vaporize people too. And with their current rhetoric and their dubious deals in the region I say the PRC is even a bigger threat than Iran and even Russia at this point. They are a threat because they are motivated and they have the means to get even stronger.

Its funny that for like 30 plus years the middle eastern Muslims they all talk how they will destroy America how the west and America will fall and thinking that once the Big Bad USA is down that Islam will be the dominant hegemon in the world, but they are short sighted like any other religious fanatic group they are short sighted and forgot that if America or the west crumbles it is the Chinese hegemon that will take over the void lets see how those death to America boys will deal with the Dragon.

UOTE]
Yep, Russia and Iran will get weaker with time while China will get stronger. The US will probably keep growing slowly but China will converge or surpass it. Unlike the Soviet Union China did their homework.

Yep, Russia and Iran will get weaker with time while China will get stronger. The US will probably keep growing slowly but China will converge or surpass it. Unlike the Soviet Union China did their homework.

A new cold war then.

the taiwanese military has always been highly capable despite the abundance of second-hat kit, but within a few years tops the PLAN/PLAAF should be able to decisively win the air & sea battle in the strait (and ultimately invade). us will never provoke china by providing taiwan with state of the art weapon systems and the taiwanese will inevitably be technologically outpaced by the mainland

Funny, most folks I saw in China were pretty sad, either poor and miserable trudging through life, or addicted to their consumption of technology without any reference to questions of value or meaning.
What I experienced wasn’t toughness, but a meekness that leaned on oppressive economics to keep the concerns of the state moving.

Faux Nietzschian values can get fucked.

Yes, they achieved their strategical goal of keeping a communist state in NK. Americans almost had the victory until their ill fated attempt to invade NK.

Abd the war ended right then? China had no other objectives like taking the south that they attempted and failed?

True indeed! There are numerous attacks on Christians and churches but they don't seem to be able to curve stomp the growth. To loosely paraphrase the iconic rap album, "It takes a nation of billions to hold us back".

When Christians reach a certain threshold, I think (and hope) that the powers that be will change their strategy towards Christians and perhaps see them as a perfect way to develop better relationships with the West. It might very well be wishful thinking but God works in mysterious ways!

Sadly I am not as optimistic.

China has crushed larger religious and civic movements in not to distant history.

As for contemporary clues, Fal/un G/ong had around 70 million adherents before being quickly and systematically eliminated, Islam in Xinjiang is meeting a slower, more belligerent end.

That Christianity is more recognized, stable, has at least tepid international support, and the majority of followers are Han Chinese, are all factors that help, but unfortunately we should not underestimate the ruthless adherence to power and conformity the Single Party neo-Confucian state can wield.

These Chinese fuckers make fake baby formulas out of plastic.

I’m not sure why these fuckers are even allowed to exist on this planet earth.

China should be freaked out about their rising middle class.

I agree. Taiwan is really dug in and that would be a tough one. Plus the US may get involved. We do not recognize Taiwan though on demand of China. Almost none of the world recognizes Taiwan. We all switched on them.

Btw I got a little carried away in the OP and other posts but this was largely about the trade war with them. Not real war. It could apply to real war though. Chinese people may be sheep but like Alexander the Great said, he fears an army of sheep led by a lion, not a an army of lions led by a sheep. And Islam has that too. Mohammed was many things, but a lion was one of them.

Last edited:
China is lost right now. I've never been to a country that was so obsessed with materialism, selfish living is on the rise and they lack compassion for any living being. Animals are commodities to them. I've lived there for nearly a decade so I would know.

I'd rather be labeled weak and be a good person. Ultimately this is how I look at it. You can invest your time and effort into getting rich and have a selfish earthly existence with lots of "cool" stuff or you can try to become a better person, pray and meditate, show compassion, help those in need, etc and find true happiness not only in this world but in the one afterwards.

China is lost right now. I've never been to a country that was so obsessed with materialism, selfish living is on the rise and they lack compassion for any living being. Animals are commodities to them. I've lived there for nearly a decade so I would know.

I'd rather be labeled weak and be a good person. Ultimately this is how I look at it. You can invest your time and effort into getting rich and have a selfish earthly existence with lots of "cool" stuff or you can try to become a better person, pray and meditate, show compassion, help those in need, etc and find true happiness not only in this world but in the one afterwards.

This is who this thread was directed at. You are not a good person first of all. The fact that you think you are a good person means you aren't. Being a good person is not something one bestows on oneself. Everybody is good in their own eyes. The villain is the hero of his own tale. So the fact that you pat yourself on your back and think your way of life is justified is worth as much as a pile of shit.

Who are you being good for? By what standard are you good? It is all horseshit. Be good and a doormat.

“When a man is getting better he understands more and more clearly the evil that is still left in him. When a man is getting worse he understands his own badness less and less. A moderately bad man knows he is not very good: a thoroughly bad man thinks he is all right. This is common sense, really. You understand sleep when you are awake, not while you are sleeping. You can see mistakes in arithmetic when your mind is working properly: while you are making them you cannot see them. You can understand the nature of drunkenness when you are sober, not when you are drunk. Good people know about both good and evil: bad people do not know about either.”

-CS Lewis

You gotta be cruel to be kind. You have to know the opposite of something to know that something completely. It completes the concept. What freedom really is, is never driven home until it is taken away. Then the concept comes to fruition. You don't know what freedom is till then.

Last edited:
Back