"Colby is the clear number 2"

Nobody in line for a shot at a title fight has a better record than Colby against top tier figthers period. Don't let your hate towards a gimmick sway facts.

But but but belal beat a pretty face and a 40 year old wonderboy.

If Burns beats Masvidal, he would make more sense than Colby for a title shot. He'd at least have a 2 fight win streak, and he would've beat the last person Colby beat, except much more recently. If Masvidal wins, he would make more sense than Colby purely from a promotional standpoint (big name and the sucker punch make it an easy one to sell). Belal deserves it more than anyone, but I can see why they want someone with more hype.

I would say give the winner of Burns/Mas the shot and have Colby and Belal fight as the co-main when Leon defends. Colby has enough of a name to give Belal some spotlight, and Belal has the credentials/streak to give Colby legitimacy if he wins. Having that fight on the same card would allow for an after fight face off in cage that makes more sense (unlike what it would've been at this last event coming out of nowhere). Colby could play up the "I've been chasing you!!!" angle more, Leon would've further cemented himself, and the fight would probably be more high profile than if it happened right after the Usman fight.

Belal has 3 straight wins over current top 10 fighters. He's the number 1 contender just stop with the bullshit.
Colby has beaten masvidal and Woodley in that space of time. They are good wins but just be real, the guy has already had two title shots.
He needs another win against a top 10, preferably a top 5

Best fighters in the WW imo
1) Shavkat
2) Leon
3) Usman
4) Burns
5) JDM
6) Neal
7) Belal
8) Colby's bum ass
How can shavkat be number 1 with only one top ten win, belal has 3 in a row.
We can't base this off of potential.

Speaking of entitlement, people acting like plans havent been in the works and the world should suddenly revolve around belal. Who also ducks fights
No one acts like there was never plans in place, hell there's been multiple threads theorizing that Colby is getting a titleshot to drop the charges against Masvidal. It seems most just have a negative opinion of said plans. As far as the world revolving around Belal I have to ask if you've paid any attention over the last two years or so? Belal is not very popular, not even amongst the most hardcore of fans, and certainly isn't popular enough to have people going to bat for him to get a titleshot if he wasn't the most deserving. People just don't want to see someone be rewarded for sitting out avoiding contenders while there are more deserving fighters who are active and not avoiding every and all contenders.

That's not even mentioning the fact that Colby has already lost two title fights, one of which was also undeserved

Nobody in line for a shot at a title fight has a better record than Colby against top tier figthers period. Don't let your hate towards a gimmick sway facts.
What you call "top tier fighters" I call "cherry picking big names on the down side of their careers".

Hey. Props to the man. He has reverse engineered Dana's game. And fans fall for it.

upload_2023-3-21_12-42-46.png
upload_2023-3-21_12-43-5.png
upload_2023-3-21_12-43-20.png

I won't be surprised if he gets it. And if he gets it, I understand why UFC operates that way. Acknowledging it doesn't mean we have to defend it.

Last edited:
No one acts like there was never plans in place, hell there's been multiple threads theorizing that Colby is getting a titleshot to drop the charges against Masvidal. It seems most just have a negative opinion of said plans. As far as the world revolving around Belal I have to ask if you've paid any attention over the last two years or so? Belal is not very popular, not even amongst the most hardcore of fans, and certainly isn't popular enough to have people going to bat for him to get a titleshot if he wasn't the most deserving. People just don't want to see someone be rewarded for sitting out avoiding contenders while there are more deserving fights who are active and not avoiding every and all contenders.

That's not even mentioning the fact that Colby has already lost two title fights, one of which was also undeserved

I have been. Ive also been paying attention to another kid that is 17-0 with 17 finishes. Another kid who missed weight by a mile but beat burns. Also burns who doesnt turn down takes risks nobody else would. To say that belal deserves it over those guys without fighting for it is fucking ridiculous. You people are bitching because you hate colby, bot because it should be belals

The meltdown is going to be hilarious when he wins the title.

You could do the same with people belal has beaten tho. Nothing really stands out, other than him beating who he was supposed to (brady)
Debatable. But Belal has fought 10x in the time Colby fought 5. And has less losses. As far as I'm concerned, that has lots of weight.

I guess we all get the issues. Belal likely loses, Colby is probably a better fighter. Colby hasn't "earned" anything, Belal has.

But the precedent of fighters fighting less and holding out for title shots is getting REALLY fucking old. I include Stipe in that, and IMO it all went downhill when Woodley held out for Lawler...and succeeded. So, I gripe online about it.

I have been. Ive also been paying attention to another kid that is 17-0 with 17 finishes. Another kid who missed weight by a mile but beat burns. Also burns who doesnt turn down takes risks nobody else would. To say that belal deserves it over those guys without fighting for it is fucking ridiculous. You people are bitching because you hate colby, bot because it should be belals
I don't know that I agree that Burns deserves it over Belal but I do think all four of the people you mention deserve it over Colby. It's not about hating Colby, it's about not wanting to see someone rewarded for sitting out avoiding contenders and just hoping a title fight falls in your lap

Can we finally put this to rest? Those 2 "close" losses to Usman, where only he got dropped and his jaw broken, were a silly reason to hold him above other, better contenders. Glad it's dead in the water

Its not dead in the water tho...dude is getting a title shot lol

Debatable. But Belal has fought 10x in the time Colby fought 5. And has less losses. As far as I'm concerned, that has lots of weight.

colby also has a court case he has to consider. Not defending his inactivity, but as you cant deny is the norm these days. Very few fighters are extremely active, especially when they have leverage

Shavkat and belal is the fight to make for a #1 contender imo

If I were running the show, Belel would get the title shot based on how many he's won, the quality of competition, and the fact that they've given him shit fights that no one else wanted and he's said yes every time. He's just earned a shot IMO.

Then I'd book Shavkat vs Colby for #1 contender to face the winner of Belal and Leon.

Can we finally put this to rest? Those 2 "close" losses to Usman, where only he got dropped and his jaw broken, were a silly reason to hold him above other, better contenders. Glad it's dead in the water
As much as I agree he doesn’t deserve a TS Colby was going to win that first fight before Usman faked the eye poke and nut shot to take a breather twice because he was gassed out. If that never happened he would’ve got finished the pace was getting to him

"Two razor thin decisions"

What? He got his jaw broken and was finished in the first fight. Even did his best Ronda impression when he ran out of the arena. Crazy how you Colby fans have tried to rewrite history with your bullshit narratives
Sorry, meant to say one dead even fight and another razor thin decision.

Most people had it 2-2 going Into the 5th and Colby was winning the 5th until a shot made him succumb to the broken jaw.

Second fight, again, extremely close and competitive. Could've went either way in terms of scoring with Colby winning 2 rounds and the final being a tossup. Although Usman landed the more damaging shots.

I'm not a fan of Colby. You don't have to be a fan of someone to acknowledge their skillset and accomplishments.

The reality is that he had two razor thin fights with Usman and there's no logical way to dispute it.

Some pretty presumptuous stuff there. Just to rest your precious feelings i'll just tell you outright, i'm a Canadian citizen so i don't have a dog in the fight. Its all just entertainment to me and even better when its clear how affected people are by it. Colby is a deserving top 5 whether you like it or not... i don't care man. If you like being butthurt keep tightly holding your politics and applying them to your entertainment. I'll keep enjoying it carefree!
You are the one who hangs on his victories, by your own admission. That makes you sad, and enjoying anger makes you sadder. And you wanna talk about presumptions when you bring up politics? Comon, my son.

Yeah, Colby earned a 5 years ago, and rarely defended it, and there's other people who've earned their 5's more recently and aren't recycled.

"Two razor thin decisions"

What? He got his jaw broken and was finished in the first fight. Even did his best Ronda impression when he ran out of the arena. Crazy how you Colby fans have tried to rewrite history with your bullshit narratives
You see, Shill just loves to pick a side and ride with that side until the end, irregardless of logic and evidence.

Yeah, and we applied those to his previous shots. Do you not realize how stupid this thinking is? By that logic, they should have just run Usman vs Colby over and over again until Leon's CAREER WINS finally surpassed Colby's.

I swear, this Colby announcement has been the biggest calling out party to morons everywhere. Where the fuck did any conversation about streaks go? That was like, all anyone ever talked about whenever we discussed title shots for the past 10-20 years.

Shavkat finishing Neal is more impressive than anything Colby has ever done in an octagon

Belal has 3 straight wins over current top 10 fighters. He's the number 1 contender just stop with the bullshit.
Colby has beaten masvidal and Woodley in that space of time. They are good wins but just be real, the guy has already had two title shots.
He needs another win against a top 10, preferably a top 5
Apparently having two fights against the WW king where you're completely on par, skill for skill, close as can be, account for nothing whatsoever because there isn't a W next to their record on Wikipedia.

You are the one who hangs on his victories, by your own admission. That makes you sad, and enjoying anger makes you sadder. And you wanna talk about presumptions when you bring up politics? Comon, my son.

Yeah, Colby earned a 5 years ago, and rarely defended it, and there's other people who've earned their 5's more recently and aren't recycled.

You see, Shill just loves to pick a side and ride with that side until the end, irregardless of logic and evidence.

Yeah, and we applied those to his previous shots. Do you not realize how stupid this thinking is? By that logic, they should have just run Usman vs Colby over and over again until Leon's CAREER WINS finally surpassed Colby's.

I swear, this Colby announcement has been the biggest calling out party to morons everywhere. Where the fuck did any conversation about streaks go? That was like, all anyone ever talked about whenever we discussed title shots for the past 10-20 years.
did I hurt your feelings with my earlier comment? My bad bro.

Common experience with you though on like 5 different topics. You always think like this, pick your lane and then ignore like 70% of the shit that doesn't align with that side.
I corrected myself in my response to him, change razor thin decisions to fight and the point I made stands.

Back