Media Conor Mcgregor isn’t washed, still has champ champ skills.

Are we going to see a improved McGregor?

• He will be better than ever!

• We will see the same Conor

• He will be a little worse

• He will be worse but still champ material

• He will be worse but still top 5 contender

• I don’t know

• It’s sad but he might not be good anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pretty much every elite boxer mirrored what i said.. so I guess there's just levels to this.

Sounds like you're the type to shit on Floyd by calling him a runner or something. Hard to take that level of bias seriously.

Wrong.

There's a certain element "who loves Floyd," (for many, ahem "reasons" other than boxing).

Most diehard, old-school boxing fans, and ex-boxers (think, Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson, and any legit bad-ass fighters) ~ Floyd and his style make them sick.

Tyson publicly called Floyd Mayweather a coward, for "needing security" just to walk around the streets.

Marvin Hagler publicly shit on Floyd, and call Pacquiao the better fighter, pound-for-pound.

So it depends upon what your soft-ass calls "an elite fighter" ... which there aren't too many of, in this day and age.

Back to what I said: Floyd Mayweather has been a runner, a hider, and a NON-FIGHTER for 1.5 decades ,,,

Any "fighter" who doesn't get a knockout IN 10 YEARS is not looking for a knockout. He's "playing it safe" :rolleyes:

Denial ≠ Rebuttal

Conor McGregor was so pathetic, so harmless that Floyd Mayweather assessed that he could march forward, walk Conor down, and knock him TF out.

Again, the first KO Mayweather had scored in 10 years.

Let me repeat myself: Denial ≠ Rebuttal

These are the facts, and your punk ass has to deal with them.

Not quite true on PBF failing to KO an opponent for a decade. He did KO Victor Ortiz six years prior to the McConor bout. Ortiz did a stupid head butt, then tried to hug PBF. Floyd was like get the fuck away from me, then PBF showed no mercy and KOed him just after the ref said, "fight". Not sure what Ortiz was doing looking the other way, but PBF made him pay for that cheesy head butt.

1. "Every unique opponent" for Floyd, over the previous 10 years, was too dangerous for him to get into a firefight. With Conor, after three rounds, Floyd realized Conor wasn't shit.

2. Floyd isn't "a master" (no true "master" is afraid to get hit, or can't get KOs, in over 10 years). Floyd is a guy forever trying not to lose.

3. With Conor, Floyd immediately recognized, after three rounds that this BOXING BOY post no real threat.

4. So, for the first time in over 10 years, Floyd began to march forward, after Round 3, ignored Conor's pity-pat punches, and knocked him TF out.

Moral? Conor made a lot of money, and as the bigger man, backpedaled after round three, was exhausted after round six, and became the first man Floyd Mayweather could actually stand up to, move forward against, and knock TF out.

Conclusion: You and I disagree as to what "a good showing" actually is.

Conor will always be a handful on the feet, he's very skilled. There is always a threat with him, bc his timing is all-timer level. But it has been ages since he's fought consistently, and I doubt he will come back looking like himself. Very little time spent actually fighting over the last 5 years or so, it's never good for a fighter to be away that long. He won't be, but he should be an underdog, so long as his opponent is a legitimate fighter who isn't in need of a hip replacement.

Conor showing he still has it. This was some sharp boxing drills. He’s still fast with a lot of power.

Chandler doesn’t stand a chance

He needs to go back to letting someone else run his camps. The second he thought he knew what was best for him, he started to lose regularly. He doesn't need to box, he needs to go back to his karate style and use his timing again.

Wrong.

There's a certain element "who loves Floyd," (for many, ahem "reasons" other than boxing).

Most diehard, old-school boxing fans, and ex-boxers (think, Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson, and any legit bad-ass fighters) ~ Floyd and his style make them sick.

Tyson publicly called Floyd Mayweather a coward, for "needing security" just to walk around the streets.

Marvin Hagler publicly shit on Floyd, and call Pacquiao the better fighter, pound-for-pound.

So it depends upon what your soft-ass calls "an elite fighter" ... which there aren't too many of, in this day and age.

Back to what I said: Floyd Mayweather has been a runner, a hider, and a NON-FIGHTER for 1.5 decades ,,,

Any "fighter" who doesn't get a knockout IN 10 YEARS is not looking for a knockout. He's "playing it safe" :rolleyes:

Denial ≠ Rebuttal

Conor McGregor was so pathetic, so harmless that Floyd Mayweather assessed that he could march forward, walk Conor down, and knock him TF out.

You sound like a disgraced Filipino boxing fan. Who still hasn't forgiven him for beating Manny and he lives rent free in your head lol

There's a lot of these types in youtube comments, almost angry at Floyd to this day. Calling him a runner, hider proves my point.

You must only know of Floyd during the last few years of his career. During the pretty boy Floyd days, he was a pretty savage fighter. He had power, was knocking everyone out, offensively masterful just as much as defensively. He was a complete fighter.

He only became this defensive savant after countless broken hands. Only way he could even continue fighting was to change his style. Which is when he became money may.

Still, in either era, his skillset is undeniable and to be respected. At 36, his performance against Canelo was a defensive master class which is up there with any fight in history.

I'm a fan of all the OG greats as well. Tyson, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Whittaker, Duran.

I don't see how being a fan and respecting the skillset, fight iq and mindset of Floyd means I belong to a subset of lesser boxing fans who don't respect the OG greats.

That just comes off as arrogant, elitist, petty and exposes the degree of how hate rules your mindset.

I respect all eras and fighters in their own unique way.

In regards to Conor, what I said was accurate. Floyd in terms of fight iq, strategy and tactics is someone who was always known for being able to adjust to every individual opponent.

Which is exactly what happened. He understood Conor's weakness on the inside, he understood the issues with his gas tank and forward pressure was an effective strategy to force him to fight at a range where he isn't comfortable( hence the rabbit punches) while also tiring him out quicker. The strategy was always to take him into deeper waters.

Last edited:
How about a "It’s funny AF but he might not be good anymore" option?!

Wrong.

Denial ≠ Rebuttal

Floyd’s list of wins is a who’s who in boxing and he did it easily.

What a bad take on probably a top 3 boxer of all time.
Man I was watching McGregor vs holloway the other day on YouTube( ufc has a 4 hour stream of awesome Thanksgiving fights highly recommend it) and i almost forget how dynamic he was in his prime. He was like an offensive version of machida, awesome kicks straight out of the stance, everything straight and powerful, with unorthodox kicks mixed in to keep people flustered obviously capped off with a beautiful straight left hand and filthy uppercuts.

I don't like to get caught up in hyperbole and he was always gonna have defensive issues against top 10 talent, but I really think that floyd fight ruined his style. Got obsessed with counter punching and combinations and the cardio has only gotten worse

Young Conor was a beast, probably best striker in MMA since Silva. He had it all, power, precision, speed, and unreal reflexes.

what made conor best was long gone in his last few fights and the guy was to boxing focused.
connor was best at 145 the more he bulked and the longer he stayed away from the weight the more stiff and boxing focused he became. I just don't buy it anymore. i think he still has one of the best punches across multiple weight classes but hes been out of the game so long and lost in his last outings.

it’s over and it’s been over for a couple years. chandler will starch him and he’ll come back in two years for a last hurrah against a 63 year old diaz. they’ll both die of cardiac arrest inside the cage

Not even close to a boxer lol. Easily best boxer in UFC and competitive against the top tier boxers. He almost beat Mayweather with a brutal uppercut that snapped his head back and Mayweather has a iron chin.

People praise Ngannou for his performance against Fury but Mcgregor’s performance was just as good if not better against a higher level athlete.

Mods, this is the same lunatic or paid troll that keeps rejoining every now and then to spam McGregor idolatry.

Not in the Top 10 at Lightweight (hasn't won a fight at LW since November 2016) and he is completely irrelevant at Welterweight. Could McGregor get serious and eventually win a few fights at LW and move into the rankings somewhere in the 6 to 10 range? Certainly possible especially given the favorable matchups the UFC likes to throw McGregor's way. But every year that goes by makes it less likely. Let's see if McGregor even fights in the UFC during 2024 and against a legitimately ranked LW opponent. A Tony Ferguson match-up would not count since he is spent and belongs in retirement unless they create a senior division and keep away from the Top 15 contenders and limit the fights to three rounds. If McGregor beats Chandler, let's see him fight Gaethje next since Justin likes to bang and please the crowd.

McGregor would likely never break into the Top 25 at WW. He might win a fight at WW every once in a while with something heavy that lands even though he is losing the fight (puncher's chance), McGregor would never make the weight cut to Featherweight again (145) so no point in discussing that weight division.

Hope Conor is paying TS because if not, this is not healthy at all

First three responses to this thread pretty much sum it all up

Hanger-ons are pretty sad honestly

Back