Conor McGregor`s training looks like he is preparing for Khabib Nurmagomedov

Tony/Conor is the fight anyway

Probably the fight everyone wants. All parties.

Dude you still go around pretending that Khabib is the same fighter that fought Tibau. You shit on him constantly.

After Tony won the belt you spent weeks doing nothing but call him a bum.

Conor isn't the source of a lot of the hate here. It's people like you! You're all obnoxious, obsessive, and can't take any criticism. Your lot attack anyone who questions McGregor in the slightest.

I made a simple post with no ill will and you chose to start shit with me. Conor is a great fighter but fans like make everything about him toxic and annoying.

If you lot would just chill out and stop with the Lord Conor/McGOAT/McGod bullshit people would be much friendlier about Conor.

Hell the haters are bad too but that's mainly reactionary. Both side drive me crazy and make anything Conor related fucking irritating.

Khabib is one of my favorite fighters today, never have shit on him and never will. Pointing out fact make you angry and consider it "shitting on a fighter" I don't know what to tell you. The guy grappled 20 years before he fought Tibau and couldn't do anything but push him against a cage. That's not a knock on Khabib, that's just pointing out the reality of he's not slinging everyone one around - he's beatable just like everyone else is. I've said he's the best grappler in the UFC on multiple occasions though, and he's certainly my favorite to watch grapple, there is nothing but admiration in that.

Tony is one of the best fighters in MMA today aswell. I've even stated he might even be a better fighter than Conor, even if Conor was to beat him. However, I've also stated there's a very big likelihood Conor smashes him. A very big likelihood Khabib smashes him. Styles make fights, and you have the two best skill guys in MMA right now that for all the shit people give them - are pretty good at covering their weaknesses. Once again, it's not shitting on Tony, it's pointing out he faces tough challenges and that I feel he doesn't have a good likelihood of overcoming it stylistically from what he's shown. Most experts agree.

Conor isn't the source of a lot of hate here? Ok, now I know you are just fucking with me.

A simple post with no ill-will? You sat there and basically said don't train anything (kicks, wrestling) because you suck at it while pretending like you're an expert with some righteous knowledge. This is why Conor fans call out people like you, and newsflash...there's not a lot of them here, especially that are willing to properly talk about fighting so I don't know why you're acting like pro-Conor bias can even be a chronic problem here anyways.

If I just stopped with the "McGod" shit people would be a lot friendlier with Conor? lmao, the whole reason I started the "McGod" shit is because I was getting called out for reasonable points about a fighter I barely even cared about. Do you know what NotoriousMillions means? It's a moniker of sarcasm for the all the mysterious Conor fans haters constantly bring up as to why they can't enjoy themselves and are forced to hate, hate, hate everything about Conor. Realistically they are rather non-existent, and certainly where i come from. The reality has always been - and the one thing haters get right - Conor's fans are casuals, and thus not even people that partake in places like this, or gyms, or any of that shit, and thus don't nearly have the voice people like to pretend they do. I took it upon myself to be that voice, to satirically show the real plague of MMA isn't some Irish guys cheering for their country man. It's close-minded people that have a problem with it, and try to tear everything outside of their "box" down.

This place is a cesspool of hatred for really any fighter, whether it's Tyron, or anybody in WMMA, or Mighty Mouse, or Stipe, or Chris, etc. etc. but especially, ESPECIALLY Conor. If you can't see that, combined with your wordage it's very obvious Conor gets under your skin and it skews your perceptions, even if a little bit. My long-winded point though, is it's only ever been my point is to satirically mock it, but when it comes down to actually talking about what the fighters can do in a cage, I've been nothing but unbiased to the best of my ability, because the reality is I respect EVERYONE that steps in the cage, and I respect EVERYONE'S ability that they've worked very hard to attain. I can't say that about most here. That doesn't mean I'll agree with everything they do in or out of a cage, but I judge every fighter fairly and the same way, which surprise, when it comes to fighting isn't even Conor. How's that for biased?

Last edited:
Tony/Conor is the fight anyway

Probably the fight everyone wants. All parties.

Conor has always seemed to really want the Khabib fight, and the reason he's been out so long is probably because he feels he needs the time to prepare for him, and with how long he's been out boxing and stuff, he probably does.

I think the UFC probably rather have that fight too, because they see Khabib as the next best thing after Conor. I'd say most fans that care want to see Conor get smashed and rather it be Khabib as well, and feel he's the best fighter in the division right now.

Tony's the interim champion, but I'd say most people rather have the Khabib fight, and I think that's what will probably happen.

Khabib is one of my favorite fighters today, never have shit on him and never will. Pointing out fact make you angry and consider it "shitting on a fighter" I don't know what to tell you. The guy grappled 20 years before he fought Tibau and couldn't do anything but push him against a cage. That's not a knock on Khabib, that's just pointing out the reality of he's not slinging everyone one around - he's beatable just like everyone else is. I've said he's the best grappler in the UFC on multiple occasions though, and he's certainly my favorite to watch grapple, there is nothing but admiration in that.

Tony is one of the best fighters in MMA today aswell. I've even stated he might even be a better fighter than Conor, even if Conor was to beat him. However, I've also stated there's a very big likelihood Conor smashes him. A very big likelihood Khabib smashes him. Styles make fights, and you have the two best skill guys in MMA right now that for all the shit people give them - are pretty good at covering their weaknesses. Once again, it's not shitting on Tony, it's pointing out he faces tough challenges and that I feel he doesn't have a good likelihood of overcoming it stylistically from what he's shown. Most experts agree.

Conor isn't the source of a lot of hate here? Ok, now I know you are just fucking with me.

A simple post with no ill-will? You sat there and basically said don't train anything (kicks, wrestling) because you suck at it while pretending like you're an expert with some righteous knowledge. This is why Conor fans call out people like you, and newsflash...there's not a lot of them here, especially that are willing to properly talk about fighting so I don't know why you're acting like pro-Conor bias can even be a chronic problem here anyways.

If I just stopped with the "McGod" shit people would be a lot friendlier with Conor? lmao, the whole reason I started the "McGod" shit is because I was getting called out for reasonable points about a fighter I barely even cared about. Do you know what NotoriousMillions means? It's a moniker of sarcasm for the all the mysterious Conor fans haters constantly bring up as to why they can't enjoy themselves and are forced to hate, hate, hate everything about Conor. Realistically they are rather non-existent, and certainly where i come from. The reality has always been - and the one thing haters get right - Conor's fans are casuals, and thus not even people that partake in places like this, or gyms, or any of that shit, and thus don't nearly have the voice people like to pretend they do. I took it upon myself to be that voice, to satirically show the real plague of MMA isn't some Irish guys cheering for their country man. It's close-minded people that have a problem with it, and try to tear everything outside of their "box" down.

This place is a cesspool of hatred for really any fighter, whether it's Tyron, or anybody in WMMA, or Mighty Mouse, or Stipe, or Chris, etc. etc. but especially, ESPECIALLY Conor. If you can't see that, combined with your wordage it's very obvious Conor gets under your skin and it skews your perceptions, even if a little bit. My long-winded point though, is it's only ever been my point is to satirically mock it, but when it comes down to actually talking about what the fighters can do in a cage, I've been nothing but unbiased to the best of my ability, because the reality is I respect EVERYONE that steps in the cage, and I respect EVERYONE'S ability that they've worked very hard to attain. That doesn't mean I'll agree with everything they do in or out of a cage, but I judge every fighter fairly and the same way, which surprise, when it comes to fighting isn't even Conor. How's that for biased?
Wow dude you are so full of shit. First of all I never said he sucked at kicks or TDD you fucking liar! I said he has much better options to win the fight and those are lost causes. His boxing and footwork are what he should focus on.

I've been fighting my whole life. Martial arts is a huge part of my life and I do know what I'm talking about. I'm not an all knowing guru and I am wrong from time to time but every time I post about a thing like this it's because I legitimately love seeing these fighters fight and I want to see them at their best. I hate seeing people lose fights by being cocky or doing stupid shit. Conor is a smart fighter but some of his tools are not suited for fighting Khabib. That's it. It's nothing against Conor.

I don't care if you like or hate certain fighters but when you're starting shit with posters over shit like this it is a huge problem. You and many others are extremely guilty of this.

What you just said is all well and good and I want to believe you but in practice you don't display that. You are not cordial to other posters on the topic of Conor. You're hostile. You intentionally post bait to piss people off and you misconstrue harmless criticism for hatred because of your misguided perception.

When I make a post about a fighter I always try to be fair. I always give them a fair shake and I'm always looking for ways to improve my knowledge of MMA. So when you and many others constantly come at me labeling me a Conor hater or some such it is irritating.

Conor is a fun fighter. A skilled fighter. One of the better strikers on the entire roster. He is also an arrogant, self absorbed, disrespectful asshole at times. It's his persona and how he became successful. It's a polarizing personality. You need to accept that people aren't always going to like it. But I guarantee you there are not many legit posters who would say that Conor is not skilled.

I love fights. I love fighting. I hold no bias. And despite how much you annoy me at times I have no ill will against you. I will give you another chance and take your word on your intentions. However if you make a bs claim I will call you out. Nothing against you. It's just how I work.

Last edited:
Mendes caught kicks opening space to go for TDs more than once. Per usual the double leg was his main weapon, you are correct in that.

Kicking is an unnecessary risk against Khabib. You're giving him more chances to take you down without having to close distance. If you don't kick than he has to pressure forward which will give you more chances to land big punches. If Conor doesn't kick and instead uses his superior footwork to force Khabib to rush in he would have much more success.

The issue everyone Khabib has fought had with him isn't the first TD he's a superb chain wrestler. Once they go down once they always get passive and end up getting caught up in the pressure and his chain. He has shown to be able to keep people down for entire rounds in many situations. He did so with Edson in the second and MJ every single round.

Defending the TD burns through your gas tank and is ultimately a waste. Working on sweeps and escapes from bottom is what helped Edson more than anything else (That and limiting his ability to shoot for doubles due to that flying knee). Focusing on that instead of burning yourself out trying to beat Khabib in the clinch is a far better option. You have to be an idiot to suggest otherwise.

Once Khabib has a body lock you are already fighting a losing battle. Even if you get away you are draining yourself doing so. Scrambles and proper guard work is the key to beating Khabib. Never did I say not to train for the ground. I said to train for escapes/scrambles rather than TDD.

Training for Khabib is hard because he has a very specific skill set and an unconventional grappling style. You can absolutely train for him but getting someone to properly replicate it is difficult. It's like trying to find another fast lanky southpaw counter puncher who fights out of TKD and Karate stances. It's a very specific skill set that is tricky to find.

Tony and Lee are both bigger than Khabib. Edson is probably the same or a bit bigger. The rest are about his size excluding Dustin and Conor.

Khabib has missed weight once in 25 fights. The rest are injuries. He should be more responsible and take better care of his body so he can get back to fighting 3 times a year.

I've been giving Conor credit and even laying out how I think he wins and you still ignore what I'm saying and claim that I'm insulting him. You are delusional and your bias is blatant. And I have not said a single lie! You just Don't like what I have to say so you try to brush me off.

I am willing to start over with you and have a legit discussion about how this fight could go if you stop trying to start shit with me every time I critique Conor. I like Conor as a fighter and have always giving him respect. However, I will not stand here and ignore flaws in his game and logic.

<{cruzshake}>

Chad never did anything with the kick he caught, Conor was too far away.

The advantages of kicks are plentiful. It allows him to still be able to attack Khabib when he's doing his dip and out shit way on the outside. It allows him to mix up and better set up his counters off Khabib who likes to set up counters of his own to close the distance. It allows him to keep Khabib at a distance where he has to come in and get hit by Conor, before he can even get his own shots off, and we all know Khabib likes to rush in even if it's a flying knee from 50 miles across the cage.

Keeping Khabib at a closer range is only inviting the clinch. He'll run in, you're only giving him less time to run in. It's why MJ was doing fine for most of the first round, until he start getting too hook happy and letting Khabib frequently into his pocket.

The issue, for the most part isn't even the takedowns. They are good, but not unstoppable. It his top pressure and ability to deny transitions and keep people down entire rounds like you said. That's why I find it hilarious you think Conor shouldn't be training TDD when it's the easiest thing he can exploit of Khabib's. Not that MJ or Edson are great off their back, but sweeping, especially someone like Khabib is a lot fucking harder than defending a takedown.

And there's a reason sprawling and brawling is a thing. Unless you're fucking DC, you're not giving people free take downs. What would actually be idiotic is for Conor to keep going down to the mat, thinking he can freely get from under Khabib at will. Fighting the clinch and keeping Khabib at distance has very clearly been how to stop him him from dominating. Trying to get back up is most likely just inviting an opportunity to get taken back down by giving him an even more advantageous position like Trujillo and RDA.

Khabib has not missed weight once in 25 fights. He has fought at LW 8 times, he has missed weight and was forced out of a fight because of a weight cut. Yes, if you are forced out of a fight because of a weight cut, guess what? You missed the weight.

Khabib has missed weight 2 out of 9 times, once before his 25th birthday which should've been much easier to make for him, and he's been 2-1 since his 25th birthday four years ago at making the weight. The guy is very clearly not a LW, and you disputing it is just comical. If he's not a WW, then I don't know who the fuck is, and apparently you feel fighters should not be held accountable for not being able to consistently make weight, or is it just Khabib?

mcgregor is not the best with kicks but hes a decent boxer with insane timing. mcgregors low kicks are good.
The biggest UNDER-statement in the history of sherdog lol

You can tell that it physically hurts haters to give Conor any kind of real credit

That when forced to state the obvious they still try to downplay as much as possible

"Bu just a decent boxer with insane timing. That's all"

1. Conor has legit elite level slick boxing.Name me another MMA fighter who out counters Floyd like this
converted.gif

Heck, not even hall of fame boxers could counyer Floyd like that. YET a 0-0 Conor did.

2. There's many layers to Conor's highly advanced boxing game:

-Fients+Jab mix ups to keep off balance
QUih1y.gif

-Lead hand control (lead hand probing+rhythm manipulation i.e touch touch condition shoot) With lead hand uppercut going underneath Holloway's lead hand, to step out to outside angle to line up the left. That's pure flawless boxing skill.
BBB.gif

-Lead hand control to shut down the jab hand to force out right hand responses, to counter
tumblr_o0x2x6Jfr21upwz95o1_400.gif

Conor has a very highly sophisticated lead hand game/lead hand radar system which serve many purposes.

-Conor being able to still counter fuck from the inside angle
98dW9C.gif

Just look at the way Conor slides and re-positions to line up the left. Flawless countering skill and footwork skill by Conor. No one in MMA history has ever had quicker on the dime reaction speeds and mental on the dime adjustment reaction speeds then Conor. Conor is not even human lol. It's a shame how criminally under appreciated Conor is.

-Conor's many forms of distance deception to create his countering opportunities i.e here is his pull counter
2nrzk3m.gif

Conor leaning head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target tp draw out the jab (in same stance match ups the jab hand is closest to the head and so opponents will typically respond with a jab when the head is leaned in closer) Conor then pulls back and shoots smoothly in one fluid motion

- Here is another counter in Conor's massive arsenal of countering toolbox
NHafz2v.gif

Sublime parry to inside slip over the top counter on a much larger opponent by Conor

-Sublime body work and defense by Conor
vskw2s.gif

-Conor's brilliant pure defensive skill
2vhvjer.gif

-More examples of Conor's sublime body work (+clinch)
2gx2tty.gif
Look how Conor jab feints up high, to misdirect, then goes to the body with a combination. Brilliant IQ by Conor. Conor punching into the clinch. After landing to the body, Conor smartly ties Nate up to stiffle any return fire. Again the brilliant IQ of Conor. Conor never allows opponents to return fire. Conor is either not there in range anymore - has stepped off to the side, moved his head off the center line, or will smartly tie up to stiffle. Conor is the eptiomy of hit and do not get hit (and make miss and make pay too - as Conor is all about countering too). Conor then breaks up on his terms as he lands on the breakaway. Conor is an absolute master of dictating, pure control, and always forcing opponents into his terms on his terms.

- Conor utilising masterful footwork/angles, to off set and turn opponents into disadvantagous positions- into his pull counters. Plus to line up right hook combos off his left counters. Sublime
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Not only have we demonstrated that Conor is the greatest most skilled boxer to have ever competed in MMA at the highest level of MMA.....

Conor is the most complete fundamentally sound boxer in MMA history.

Conor isn't just some "decent boxer with timing"

As I have already demonstrated, Conor boxes brilliantly off the backfoot..Conor can box brilliantly on the front foot...Insane defensive based counter punching genuis...Insane defense....Ironclad Lead hand game...Wonderful fienting game...Is highly effective from all ranges and all positions...angles...mastetful footwork that he also uses to set up counters.....Highly efficient with both hands...etc etc etc etc

3. So not only is Conor a highly sophisticated advanced well rounded fundamentally sound elite level boxer, Conor still does have a solid kicking game - and still has even many more weapons at his disposal.

-Conor's front kick is actually one of his greatest weapons
28gv6nq.gif

In conjuction with Conor's highly sophisticated fienting game
4vmej6.gif
and jab mix ups, the push kick works together to serves many purposes for Conor. Not only to gas out to the body, not only to keep opponents guessing, but to control range as well.

-Elbows
6eg2zt.gif

-Jumping knees
34zbv4l.gif

4. Conor is truly the greatest striker in combat sports history. No one has ever been more complete. No one has ever put together elite level boxing with a solid kicking game like Conor has.

Like I said, its truly a criminal shame how under rated and under appreciated Conor is. People taking Conor for granted will eventually regret it. Enjoy the Conor show. When you watch Conor you are watching the highest level possible of striking. Appreciate .

The realest quote ever

"The UNeducated eye can NOT comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

I make breakdowns like this, not only to educate, but because I know good posters like @MescalineDreams and @Venom will enjoy. I know the true educated posters like them can recognize and appreciate just how much of a brilliant Bobby Fischer genius Conor is when it comes to pure skill and pure fight IQ

No one in MMA is on Conor's level. No one is even close.

People will be shocked at how easily Conor destroys Khabib. Khabib plays right into Conor's hands. Quick summary, Khabib has major footwork issues against southpaws..plus pressing forward against Conor=prepared to get counter fucked. Conor wrecks both Tony and Khabib. Hopefully then people will be reminded of just how special Conor is

Hes back to full time training. Sorry Conor haters. He's gonna crush your dreams again.

Sherdog loves a boring wrestler who pulls out of every other fight. The fuk?

He beats Edson (to a decision) and hes the best thing ever. I'm suprised he didn't ask Edson to "give up" because he "deserves this". Fuckin guy barely makes the walk. He "deserves" to be the interim title holder but he fucked that up.

Last edited:
I wonder if Conor could handle the pressure mode Khabib that just smothered Barboza's offense.
Conor is a defensive based counter punching genius who eats up pressure fighters.

Barboza is a kicker who has terrible boxing and terrible footwork

It's much much easier to crowd a kicker and take away his kicks

Barboza is nothing like Conor and is not anywhere near Conor's level.

This reminds me exactly of when people were saying Alvarez would do to Conor what he did to Pettis

And again, Pettis/Barboza are nothing like Conor. Both are kickers who are easily crowded and rendered ineffective

Conor is on a whole other level - another universe in fact, not only skill wise, not only IQ wise, but stylistically as well

conor is the moneyfight, khabib is the legacy fight. if someone beats khabib he gets honored in legacy in a big way.
everything can happen in a fight but i think conor has 2 minutes in that fight to do something relevant and conor has the first minute in the second round.
Yeah...its not like Conor beat Holloway and Nate Diaz in lopsided decisions...2 of the best cardio fighters in MMA....

You are so clueless. As has been seen on sherdog, Conor hate is a hell of a drug. It blinds to all reality

Let's not forget that Connor was mounted, beaten, and subbed by Nate Diaz , who in the modern shark tank that is LW Is, at best , a mid level divisional gatekeeper.

I agree with you on McGregor's chances of succesfully grappling with Khabib.

However, your take on Nate Diaz is nonsense. He had a top ten win a few months prior to beating McGregor.

The biggest UNDER-statement in the history of sherdog lol

You can tell that it physically hurts haters to give Conor any kind of real credit

That when forced to state the obvious they still try to downplay as much as possible

"Bu just a decent boxer with insane timing. That's all"

1. Conor has legit elite level slick boxing.Name me another MMA fighter who out counters Floyd like this
converted.gif

Heck, not even hall of fame boxers could counyer Floyd like that. YET a 0-0 Conor did.

2. There's many layers to Conor's highly advanced boxing game:

-Fients+Jab mix ups to keep off balance
QUih1y.gif

-Lead hand control (lead hand probing+rhythm manipulation i.e touch touch condition shoot) With lead hand uppercut going underneath Holloway's lead hand, to step out to outside angle to line up the left. That's pure flawless boxing skill.
BBB.gif

-Lead hand control to shut down the jab hand to force out right hand responses, to counter
tumblr_o0x2x6Jfr21upwz95o1_400.gif

Conor has a very highly sophisticated lead hand game/lead hand radar system which serve many purposes.

-Conor being able to still counter fuck from the inside angle
98dW9C.gif

Just look at the way Conor slides and re-positions to line up the left. Flawless countering skill and footwork skill by Conor. No one in MMA history has ever had quicker on the dime reaction speeds and mental on the dime adjustment reaction speeds then Conor. Conor is not even human lol. It's a shame how criminally under appreciated Conor is.

-Conor's many forms of distance deception to create his countering opportunities i.e here is his pull counter
2nrzk3m.gif

Conor leaning head forward off the center line to appear as a closer target tp draw out the jab (in same stance match ups the jab hand is closest to the head and so opponents will typically respond with a jab when the head is leaned in closer) Conor then pulls back and shoots smoothly in one fluid motion

- Here is another counter in Conor's massive arsenal of countering toolbox
NHafz2v.gif

Sublime parry to inside slip over the top counter on a much larger opponent by Conor

-Sublime body work and defense by Conor
vskw2s.gif

-Conor's brilliant pure defensive skill
2vhvjer.gif

-More examples of Conor's sublime body work (+clinch)
2gx2tty.gif
Look how Conor jab feints up high, to misdirect, then goes to the body with a combination. Brilliant IQ by Conor. Conor punching into the clinch. After landing to the body, Conor smartly ties Nate up to stiffle any return fire. Again the brilliant IQ of Conor. Conor never allows opponents to return fire. Conor is either not there in range anymore - has stepped off to the side, moved his head off the center line, or will smartly tie up to stiffle. Conor is the eptiomy of hit and do not get hit (and make miss and make pay too - as Conor is all about countering too). Conor then breaks up on his terms as he lands on the breakaway. Conor is an absolute master of dictating, pure control, and always forcing opponents into his terms on his terms.

- Conor utilising masterful footwork/angles, to off set and turn opponents into disadvantagous positions- into his pull counters. Plus to line up right hook combos off his left counters. Sublime
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Not only have we demonstrated that Conor is the greatest most skilled boxer to have ever competed in MMA at the highest level of MMA.....

Conor is the most complete fundamentally sound boxer in MMA history.

Conor isn't just some "decent boxer with timing"

As I have already demonstrated, Conor boxes brilliantly off the backfoot..Conor can box brilliantly on the front foot...Insane defensive based counter punching genuis...Insane defense....Ironclad Lead hand game...Wonderful fienting game...Is highly effective from all ranges and all positions...angles...mastetful footwork that he also uses to set up counters.....Highly efficient with both hands...etc etc etc etc

3. So not only is Conor a highly sophisticated advanced well rounded fundamentally sound elite level boxer, Conor still does have a solid kicking game - and still has even many more weapons at his disposal.

-Conor's front kick is actually one of his greatest weapons
28gv6nq.gif

In conjuction with Conor's highly sophisticated fienting game
4vmej6.gif
and jab mix ups, the push kick works together to serves many purposes for Conor. Not only to gas out to the body, not only to keep opponents guessing, but to control range as well.

-Elbows
6eg2zt.gif

-Jumping knees
34zbv4l.gif

4. Conor is truly the greatest striker in combat sports history. No one has ever been more complete. No one has ever put together elite level boxing with a solid kicking game like Conor has.

Like I said, its truly a criminal shame how under rated and under appreciated Conor is. People taking Conor for granted will eventually regret it. Enjoy the Conor show. When you watch Conor you are watching the highest level possible of striking. Appreciate .

The realest quote ever

"The UNeducated eye can NOT comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

I make breakdowns like this, not only to educate, but because I know good posters like @MescalineDreams and @Venom will enjoy. I know the true educated posters like them can recognize and appreciate just how much of a brilliant Bobby Fischer genius Conor is when it comes to pure skill and pure fight IQ

No one in MMA is on Conor's level. No one is even close.

People will be shocked at how easily Conor destroys Khabib. Khabib plays right into Conor's hands. Quick summary, Khabib has major footwork issues against southpaws..plus pressing forward against Conor=prepared to get counter fucked. Conor wrecks both Tony and Khabib. Hopefully then people will be reminded of just how special Conor is

Damn dude! Talk about a thorough analysis.

Wow dude you are so full of shit. First of all I never said he sucked at kicks or TDD you fucking liar! I said he has much better options to win the fight and those are lost causes. His boxing and footwork are what he should focus on.

I've been fighting my whole life. Martial arts is a huge part of my life and I do know what I'm talking about. I'm not an all knowing guru and I am wrong from time to time but every time I post about a thing like this it's because I legitimately love seeing these fighters fight and I want to see them at their best. I hate seeing people lose fights by being cocky or doing stupid shit. Conor is a smart fighter but some of his tools are not suited for fighting Khabib. That's it. It's nothing against Conor.

I don't care if you like or hate certain fighters but when you're starting shit with posters over shit like this it is a huge problem. You and many others are extremely guilty of this.

What you just said is all well and good and I want to believe you but in practice you don't display that. You are not cordial to other posters on the topic of Conor. You're hostile. You intentionally post bait to piss people off and you misconstrue harmless criticism for hatred because of your misguided perception.

When I make a post about a fighter I always try to be fair. I always give them a fair shake and I'm always looking for ways to improve my knowledge of MMA. So when you and many others constantly come at me labeling me a Conor hater or some such it is irritating.

Conor is a fun fighter. A skilled fighter. One of the better strikers on the entire roster. He is also an arrogant, self absorbed, disrespectful asshole at times. It's his persona and how he became successful. It's a polarizing personality. You need to accept that people aren't always going to like it. But I guarantee you there are not many legit posters who would say that Conor is not skilled.

I love fights. I love fighting. I hold no bias. And despite how much you annoy me at times I have no ill will against you. I will give you another chance and take your word on your intentions. However if you make a bs claim I will call you out. Nothing against you. It's just how I work.

And likewise I will call you out on the BS claims you make, to which there are plenty like this one. You claim something and then a sentence later your words tell a completely different story.
If something is a lost cause, you're essentially saying it sucks. If Conor's TDD is a lost cause, you're saying he sucks at it. I don't know how this is difficult to comprehend.

There's nothing cocky about training to prepare for what someone is strong at. There is nothing stupid about doing it either. Why is he focusing on boxing in an MMA fight...one where he is facing a guy that is specifically a great grappler. I've never heard any camp do that, EVER. He's going to have to stop a takedown unless he can knock out Khabib within a minute. Is that the only way you feel he can win? Is if he knocks Khabib out in a minute, because everything you're saying basically points to Conor needs to focus on hitting the lucky shot or else he is screwed. That's not even giving props, even plenty of self-recognized haters admit Conor could get lucky.

I pointed out your narcissism. I don't like it. Just like you don't like my Conor "fanboyism" I think you're full of yourself and take every opportunity you can to point out "you've trained your whole life", and maybe you have, (if I had to take a guess I'd say it's very limited based off your knowledge here) but they clearly failed to teach you the most fundamental rule and that is the one you seem to knock Conor with all the time - to check your arrogance at the door. That's why I made the original comment, Conor just had to be the said subject at hand.

So yes, that's my problem, it's not really even nothing to with Conor like I said, and why we'll probably never fully see eye-to-eye even when technically do and have.

Putting alot of eggs in one basket with a guy who has fought 1 time every year for like the past 3 years and hardly shows up half the time

i disagree, although i would like it.
The fight can only go two ways, unless something wild happens -McGregor pieces him on the feet, or he doesnt.

If Khabib gets him down, Conor will turn his back, drop his shorts, and present his potato-chute.
The great thing for Conor about Khabib's wrestling and grappling style, is that Khabib DOES not typically finish with ground pound nor hardly ever persues subs....this gives Conor many opportunities to survive if he gets taken down....as every round re-starts standing on the feet.

Look at it this way

Conor CAN survive on the ground against Conor. I.e Johnson and Braboza lasted multiple rounds underneath Khabib...However Khabib CAN not survive on the feet against Conor for any period of time

@MescalineDreams

The great thing for Conor about Khabib's wrestling and grappling style, is that Khabib DOES not typically finish with ground pound nor hardly ever persues subs....this gives Conor many opportunities to survive if he gets taken down....as every round re-starts standing on the feet.

Look at it this way

Conor CAN survive on the ground against Conor. I.e Johnson and Braboza lasted multiple rounds underneath Khabib...However Khabib CAN not survive on the feet against Conor for any period of time

@MescalineDreams
We will see. I think Barboza has a much better jits game than Conor, and showed a lot more resilience than Conor did when giving his back up after a few Diaz punches.

Not sure about Johnson’s game, but he showed a lot of heart.

<{cruzshake}>

Chad never did anything with the kick he caught, Conor was too far away.

The advantages of kicks are plentiful. It allows him to still be able to attack Khabib when he's doing his dip and out shit way on the outside. It allows him to mix up and better set up his counters off Khabib who likes to set up counters of his own to close the distance. It allows him to keep Khabib at a distance where he has to come in and get hit by Conor, before he can even get his own shots off, and we all know Khabib likes to rush in even if it's a flying knee from 50 miles across the cage.

Keeping Khabib at a closer range is only inviting the clinch. He'll run in, you're only giving him less time to run in. It's why MJ was doing fine for most of the first round, until he start getting too hook happy and letting Khabib frequently into his pocket.

The issue, for the most part isn't even the takedowns. They are good, but not unstoppable. It his top pressure and ability to deny transitions and keep people down entire rounds like you said. That's why I find it hilarious you think Conor shouldn't be training TDD when it's the easiest thing he can exploit of Khabib's. Not that MJ or Edson are great off their back, but sweeping, especially someone like Khabib is a lot fucking harder than defending a takedown.

And there's a reason sprawling and brawling is a thing. Unless you're fucking DC, you're not giving people free take downs. What would actually be idiotic is for Conor to keep going down to the mat, thinking he can freely get from under Khabib at will. Fighting the clinch and keeping Khabib at distance has very clearly been how to stop him him from dominating. Trying to get back up is most likely just inviting an opportunity to get taken back down by giving him an even more advantageous position like Trujillo and RDA.

Khabib has not missed weight once in 25 fights. He has fought at LW 8 times, he has missed weight and was forced out of a fight because of a weight cut. Yes, if you are forced out of a fight because of a weight cut, guess what? You missed the weight.

Khabib has missed weight 2 out of 9 times, once before his 25th birthday which should've been much easier to make for him, and he's been 2-1 since his 25th birthday four years ago at making the weight. The guy is very clearly not a LW, and you disputing it is just comical. If he's not a WW, then I don't know who the fuck is, and apparently you feel fighters should not be held accountable for not being able to consistently make weight, or is it just Khabib?
MJ never used front kicks on Khabib he threw a few low kicks but much like Edson nothing he threw stopped Khabib from marching forward (he didn't rush in in this fight). His success was from slipping in quick 1-2s and dashing back out of range. He just didn't offer anything to stop Khabib's forward pressure.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the kicks because I really don't see anything good coming from them. I don't think that he'll have much success with stopping Khabib's pressure with kicks since no one else has either but anything could happen.

I'll counter that by saying the doubles and singles are not the issue. The body lock TDs almost always end up working for him. He just rarely ever starts a chain with them. As for the TDD matter, I really don't think Conor has the strength or clinch game to continuously defend TDs from Khabib without burning himself out. I am giving him credit as a good defensive grappler and a much faster fighter by saying he could probably scramble out of a few potions. It won't be easy but it'll be less tiring that fighting the clinch. And keep in mind that Abel and RDA got out with less damage than most who fight Khabib so scrambling wasn't a bad option for them.

according to his camp he was on route to making weight but they just didn't like the state he was in. Call it a miss if you want but I have to disagree.

Lol you'r straight up ignoring that I said the he has to be accountable for his health. Weight falls into that. And he is taking care of it. He's far lighter now. He has a great nutritionist and a has taken care of his nagging health issues. If he misses weight again then he should move up but as of now he is making the weight easily and looking healthy while doing so.

Khabib is a LW. Tony and Lee are both bigger than Khabib. Eddie cuts from 180 as does Edson. He's fighting guys his size at LW. Everyone at WW (other than maybe Masvidal and RDA) is much bigger than him.

There is no size disparity for him at LW like there was Rumble at WW/MM or Whittaker at WW. Everyone is roughly Khabib's size.

And Edson Barboza is somehow an amateur striker?

I don't know how many time we have to say this , but here it is again: elite strikers are not what it takes to beat someone like Khabib. It will take an NCAA or even Olympic level wrestler or someone with Damian Maias BJJ to hang with Khabib on the ground. Strikers don't do SHIT against khabib as as soon as he closes distance and gets his hands on them, the fight is essentially over.

I'm not saying Conor is a bad fighter. But let's be honest: he's extremely one dimensional. Great striker with an elite left, but when had that even remotely worked against khabib ? And conor is arguably the worst grapples or wrestler khabib has faced in the UFC so far.

It Will be a mauling man. Count on it

Edson's got great kicks. Explosive and well-timed flying knee. What else? He's missing the most important attribute in striking - boxing, and specifically he was backed down and outstruck by Khabib because of it. What'd he do to stop Khabib? His only success came from running to get enough space to throw a kick.

Conor doesn't have that problem, he's going to abuse you everywhere. Even if Khabib clinches with him and gets him down Conor's going to throw some elbows to his head on the way down. That's the difference between Conor and Edson. Conor is a complete striker, Edson is not. Conor will hit you anywhere he can. On the outside, inside, clinch, top position, off his back it doesn't matter.

The reality is he's not nearly as one-dimensional as you think he is. He's got great balance, good torque in his hips, quick feet, and fairly good at fighting for positions while standing. How many times has he been taken down when it's not a well timed double off his bounce in? The answer is less than 10%. There's obviously the factor that Khabib is much bigger and as good in the clinch as you'll find anywhere. He will probably get him down, but Conor is good at getting back to his feet. Once again though, you're dealing with a master who is bigger. It's an interesting fight, but if Khabib isn't keeping him on his back for most of the fight or finishing him, that means Conor is punching him in the face and Khabib isn't going to survive that for long the way he fights.

Conor doesn't need to go out there and out wrestle him, he just needs to keep the fight standing long enough to do what he needs to do. Edson DID that, it's just Edson couldn't capitalize on that. If you don't think Conor has no chance to capitalize on the time standing with Khabib - was like around 5 minutes with Edson, I don't know what to tell you. I doubt Khabib would fight like he did in that fight, but if you can honestly tell you couldn't see Conor landing a KO in that fight, I don't know what to tell you. You're clearly biased.

And you can't just be a great wrestler to stop Khabib, there are two parts to it. You've got to then out strike him too, Gleison was out grappling and stopping him and couldn't put anything together to keep himself out of the clinch.

Back