Conor Offered to Fight Edgar When Holloway Got Injured

New belt, wants to chase it. The plan of repeatedly stripping Conor could work, lol. First FW, wants it back. Now LW, will want it back. Eventually he'd have more title shots than anyone ever with zero defenses.

Per conor's instagram, he says he offered to step in and fight Frankie, but the UFC said no.

Reason being, there wasn't enough time to generate revenue for it.

Let me be the first to say, if this is true.......:

F*ck You UFC Brass!!!

realkid.jpg

Seriously your mad at the UFC for some reason? WTF is Conor thinking not defeding his belt then crying that they will strip him for not fighting and now he offered to jump in a featherweight fight when he should have been defending at LW the entire time?? Conor's blatantly ducking.

It may be true to an extent. He may have said he would do it for a price they'd never pay.

Yep says i wanna come back then picks out an opponent he has a huge physical attribute advantage over.

Colin Mcmanlet Slayer strikes again.

Everything seems in order.

I honestly don't think Conor has a huge advantage over Edgar. I believe that Frankie could take him down at will and I think that Conor knew the UFC wasn't going to make that fight when he offered

Seriously your mad at the UFC for some reason? WTF is Conor thinking not defeding his belt then crying that they will strip him for not fighting and now he offered to jump in a featherweight fight when he should have been defending at LW the entire time?? Conor's blatantly ducking.
I'm double mad at the UFC. For NOT stripping Conor sooner. And then for NOT letting Conor finally fight Frankie.

Wouldn't generate enough money?

It would be his biggest mma fight ever based on the fact everyone would go "holy fuck Conor is back"

Dana and the ufc will run with this.

Interesting to see how many people say he is lying when his history clearly shows he is ready and willing to take dangerous fights on short notice to save a card. He has done it multiple times already.

Interesting to see how many people say he is lying when his history clearly shows he is ready and willing to take dangerous fights on short notice to save a card. He has done it multiple times already.
This is Sherdog though.

Make your mind up. You're all about stats like "days spent without a defense". Conor's gone longer not defending his featherweight title than he has his lightweight title. Why is the lightweight title more important?

No not eff the UFC in this case. Conor doesn't deserve to fill in for a title he abandoned. Fuck HIM. Won't defend his title but be sure as shit will jump right in if he gets another title. Won't risk anything

Speaking 'Murican, the actual meaning of Conor's post is lost on some. I grew up in an ethnically diverse area, and there were many fraidy cats in my neighborhood. So I actually speak a little duck. Allow me to translate:

'Quack Quack Quack.......lot's of money and I know I would get wrecked....Quack Quack.....hoping Fergie somehow wins, maybe then I'll come back but not sure.....Quack....Quack......Mention someone to stay relevant.....Quack......Champ Champ Quack'

No not eff the UFC in this case. Conor doesn't deserve to fill in for a title he abandoned. Fuck HIM. Won't defend his title but be sure as shit will jump right in if he gets another title. Won't risk anything
This fight would be the exact opposite of what you describe for Conor. He'd be heavily favored to beat Edgar, and it'd just be another featherweight title defense. Low reward situation. You're never gonna be happy.

It's not really legit if you offer something obviously unreasonable. Not saying Conor shouldn't ask for a lot of money, but it's pretty obvious the UFC can not give in to huge demands for such a short notice fight that has never been built up. Conor knows this as well. He can offer to be a late replacement all day then with no risk of the fight actually happening.

weighed in at 145 there mate, dunno what you're talking about.

He was fighting at 145 on a regular basis and he looked like an AIDS patient yet he claims he would’ve stepped up and cut around 25 pounds in a month after not fighting at that weight for over 2 years? Gtfo here mate.

Conor has this reputation because Dana has built him up as such. But can you name one single time that, when a fight fell through, Conor was the one who stepped in and saved a card? Any of the short-notice fights he's had have been when his original opponent fell out, and someone else stepped in to face Conor. Considering he had already had a full camp each time, and considering that his coach said he never trained for a specific opponent prior to Diaz II, I don't see how this is any big deal.

I've been a huge Conor fan for years, and huge props to him for always rising to the occasion, but most fighters are willing to take short-notice opponents after they've already trained, just so their camp didn't go to waste. So in this regard, Conor isn't any ballsier than anyone else in the UFC. In fact, the idea that he ultimately was the one to say no to Edgar (when the UFC didn't meet his presumably ridiculous demands) shows that he *won't* step up and fight anyone, anytime.

I agree with TS that Conor probably wasn't lying about offering to step in and fight, but I do think he probably gave them a totally insane number. That way, either he'd make a ton of money, or he'd be able to tell everyone that he wanted to fight but the UFC said no.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back