Cops arrest 2 black men for no reason in Starbucks

Questions that the two black assholes didn't have answers too before they created a stink to both the manager of the store and the police who showed up to politely ask them to leave...

Ya I am done with you and your extreme hate and racism. There is no indication the guys were assholes or that they created a stink and in fact every witness who spoke about the incident in the store says otherwise. Starbucks has said the guys did not thing wrong and the police have apologized and said the guys did nothing wrong.

So you take and argue your cartoon fictional strawman battle against the demons you created elsewhere.

(inb4 Starbucks, the police and the witnesses are all wrong)

Are you serious?
I am serious. I am also not playing games like you are.

Why is this a controversy then?
Because a legal right is not the same thing as a justified reason based on policy and you are purposely conflating the two to stuff your strawman.

Read that again as you are bound to misunderstand it.

That is not how it works. 2 different Starbucks can have different policies. Some let hipsters move in and loiter, some don't.
Yes and Starbucks has said they acted in error in this instance and apologized. Case closed.

I’ve been a victim of racism and have seen racism first hand. Racists and racism still exist today. My wife and I have been kicked out of a restaurant due to her breast feeding and when the cops showed up they said the manager had the right to ask us to leave. If we didn’t leave he would arrest us. We left and then complained up the chain...we were told by a district person that the manager was wrong and received a $100 gift card.

I see nothing wrong with what happened at this Starbucks other than 2 idiots not leaving when asked. I base my opinion on what I have read and the above video by the Philadelphia cop with 4 stars on his collar.
That 4 star cop revised his opinion lol

Everything I have said is accurate. No one has successfully shot down one fact I have put forth. The thread has degenerated into name calling since then. This particular Starbucks claims to have a policy of paying customers. These guys weren't paying customers. They were asked to leave, refused and were arrested. I really see nothing remarkable about this story. This is a false flag.

I respect @PolishHeadlock though, we're never on the same side of an argument but I feel he at least makes compelling statements, unlike some garbage I see going on in here.
yes but you are strawman and then claiming victory. It is dishonest at best and flat out lies at worst.

No one. NO ONE has disputed a business cannot expel people for whatever they feel like. That is a matter of fact and law and no one, NO ONE is disputing that. and yet you pretend others are when they are not.

That has nothing to do with the issue at play here.

The issue at play here is whether or not this was an appropriate action as per the store's policy and whether or not discrimination played a part because that is a reason that the store can be held accountable for the actions taken.

What we know as irrefutable facts is that the CEO said the store was wrong and the two guys did nothing wrong to merit their removal. That is the only FACT that matters with regards to the stores position and not what they had a 'right to do under the law' as you keep defaulting to. What matters is the police also said the two guys did nothing wrong and apologized to them. This despite the fact we know that within the law the police were well within their rights to do what they did.

So again before you go off into strawman land and say what rights they had to do what they did KNOW that is not the same thing as what policy they were to follow which directs what actions they should take within those broader rights.

It SEEMS that's what started this. I'd like to know what happened right after.

Do u think she's a Racist Starbucks Manager? Or do you think something else happened here?
I have no ability to read into her head. it is possible she simply was having a bad day and these two guys were the unfortunate victims of poor timing. It is possible she had a bad date or experience with a guy that looked like one of them and she just reacted badly. it is possible she is generally scared of and suspicious of black people.

That does not really matter. What does matter is that she acted inappropriately when the guy asked to use the washroom and then he went and sat with his friend while waiting for someone else to arrive.

she fucked up and those guys paid the price.

I am serious. I am also not playing games like you are.

Because a legal right is not the same thing as a justified reason based on policy and you are purposely conflating the two to stuff your strawman.

Read that again as you are bound to misunderstand it.
They did have a "justified reason." They weren't paying customers. How many more times does this need to be said?

Yes and Starbucks has said they acted in error in this instance and apologized. Case closed.
We know why starbucks apologized.

They did have a "justified reason." They weren't paying customers. How many more times does this need to be said?
Stuff that strawman Seano. Stuff it.

We know the law says what they can do and that law is a very broad brush. You can kick someone out for pretty much any reason including not purchasing something. NO ONE DENYING THAT so take that bullshit fake argument out of here.

That however is limited by Company policy which is often much tighter than the law. THAT IS WHAT MATTERS HERE. Each and every company can create rules that require a tighter rule set than the broader law to act.

The Company has made it clear FACTUALLY that these guys were not in the wrong. That the manager was in the wrong.

We know why starbucks apologized.
yes because, as they said the Manager was in the wrong.

none of this makes sense to the situtation because they were not being loud and obnoxious. so no you dont know how this typicaly plays out.

i never had problems with blacks on average anymore than other whites.

im originaly from dallas/ft worth and never felt that all blacks didnt like white people. my sister actaually has jungle fever and every guy shes been with wasnt the sterotypical woman beater "fuck me sum beckys n shit".

It does make sense because this isn't the first time something like this has happened and massive context is missing.

i dont "have problems" with anybody (have lived with a black woman in predominantly black area) for a long time. Just going off of basic statistics you are much much more likely to encounter problems with blacks vs whites assuming equal exposure.

Noone said "all". The ones typically being arrested and getting in trouble are the type to dislike white people the majority of the time. Random black guys in middle class areas act the same as everyone else in my experience. However almost never do those guys experience "racism" or hostility from the police.

I'll tell you what.

You watch that video, read that story and explain to me where exactly the racism and impropriety occurred. You go ahead and point all that stuff out to me. I'm waiting.

This post you just made has total BS in it. A business can ask you to leave. This "well other starbucks let people just hang out and not buy shit" is a total bullshit response. This one doesn't. Their policy is the place is for paying customers. They have that right.

This is another boy who cried racism story.

Now, you want to make these statements about me then I expect you back up your side with the facts. Show me the racism in the video/story. Show me the impropriety.

@nac386 too, seeing as you go all SJW everytime we talk in here and youliked that post. Show me the racism. Show me the impropriety. What I'm seeing is more conditioning. You guys are hearing that dog whistle.

You cannot kick someone out of your public premises under any circumstances. If you ask someone to leave for being gay, for instance, that is against the law.

It's actually company policy in that area to not let non paying customers use the john
SO?

He was told that and did not use the bathroom. He sat with his friend while waiting for another colleague to arrive which is within company policy to do.

SO?

He was told that and did not use the bathroom. He sat with his friend while waiting for another colleague to arrive which is within company policy to do.
IT is not a company wide policy. It varies from store to store, manager to manager.

IT is not a company wide policy. It varies from store to store, manager to manager.
Yes it does and in this case and in this store the CEO made it clear that the Manager was wrong and the two men did nothing wrong.

That woman has lost her source of income because a couple of guys acted like little toddlers throwing a temper tantrum, 'no we are not leaving, NO!'
They would of been told it was store policy so they knew they were in the wrong. When they were told the cops would be called they must of thought it would be ok because 'we're black and we can always claim racism.'
The female did nothing wrong and did what she what she was told to do.
I'm certain in Starbucks stores all over the world people have been asked to leave if they're not buying anything and staff didn't get fired.

In an interview on of the guys said it's not about race it's about, 'what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong.' He sounded like an idiot too.
If it's not about race but about how people shouldn't be asked to leave if they don't buy stuff then why did they mention race?

It is so unfair that a person who has probably done the same thing many times before has now lost her job because of political correctness.
The owner of Starbucks is a gutless wonder who could of stood up to the threats of the pc police but chose not to.

Okay so the guys were there for literally 2 minutes before the cops got called. One white female customer said she has been there for 4 hours before and was never asked to leave. If that’s not racism to y’all then no wonder they call this place sherfront.

Back