Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson Set For UFC Fight Night Liverpool Main Event

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Not seeing any other media pick it up yet
Could be bogus

I'm with it...maybe a little soon but fuck it, has the potential to be a fire-fight. I'm assuming winner fights Ponz anyway, while Woodley defends against the Rio winner?

Wonderboy's gonna destroy that boy in front of his home crowd.
Better getting KO'd sweetly than mauled at the hands of a big black man for twenty five minutes in Usman.

Wonderboy is way better than Till everywhere. I also highly doubt that Till would smoke up a guy like Masvidal and has had a super underwhelming UFC career: a bunch of decisions, a fight he should have lost vs Dalby and a gift wrapped shot fifty giver chinny Cowboy. Once again, like Yair, DHC or Teh Gooch, UFC about to kill a future contender.

Props to Wonderboy for stepping up. Till seems to have everyone else shook. This is gonna be a great one, but I got Thompson taking it. Till can use this schooling as a learning experience.

Great test for Till. We'll see where he's at. Even if he loses, that did Whitaker no harm long run. He'll learn a lot or lose.

Till gets the striking fight he wants. Would be funny if he went for the TD the entire fight. If Till lasts thru the 3 round, he will be gassed and Wonderbread will finish him. Im glad we have a fight worth watching.

The Till fans are all asleep I think, it's 01:50 GMT .. I don't expect that poll to balance out until tomorrow

Wonderboy via elite experience

Gotta say I disagree with the matchmaking. Going from a Hot/Cold Cerrone to Thompson is a big difference. Till is a potential star and a good chance you deaden his momentum with this fight. I pray we don't get a counter-strike fest from both guys enroute to a weird 5 round decision.
Wonderboy is an easier fight for Till than Usman.

This is a really exciting fight.

Can't imagine this isn't gong to be some fireworks.

Wonderboy is an easier fight for Till than Usman.

Usman just eeked out a workman like decision against a complete jabroni.

Wonderboy has actively and consistently been competing with and beating the absolute best fighters in the world.

IMO Usman's stock went down after his last performance.

Accidently picked wonderboy. Tills gonna starch him. Thompsons chin is only getting worse

Sweet. Good stylistic matchup for till imo, it's going to be hard for wonderboy to keep such a big guy at kicking range. I expect till to come forward like a bull and close the distance quick. i don't think he'll respect wonderboy's kicks as much as say masvidal, rory. once at boxing range, it's most likely darren's fight. It definitely won't go to the ground, so you know it's going to be fireworks.

There's a reason why the ufc opted for wonderboy instead of usman. they don't want wonderboy anywhere near a third ts, and for good reason. you tell me who they think is winning this fight (then again, they also thought ngannou was going to kill stipe, but still). I'm a fan of both guys so i'm unbiased in this one.

Last edited:
Back