Do you consider Jake Paul a "youtuber" or a 3-0 Pro boxer

I dont think many of the well known pro boxers started to climb the ladder by fighting against high level, or ranked names..

But at least fight against other pro boxers. Then i will look at him as a pro boxer.

Most real novice pro boxers are much better boxers than the guys Jake is facing, and have a lot more experience. The well know pro boxers climbed the ladder fighting better boxers than Jake is fighting. Being a pro usually means you have a long amateur career.

Lol why not both . Seems like he's taking this serious & leaving you tube behind so we'll see.

Jake Paul is a real boxer imo. He has completely dedicated his life to the sport of Boxing for years now. He has real skills and pop in his punches.

He is a s popular youtuber. When he is going to fight a real pro-boxer he will be pro-boxer. His opponents so far: ex-basketball player, MMA wrestler and so on. All opponents with 0-0-0 record.
He needs a real cruiserweight opponent with at least 5-6 fights experience.

he's not a pro, he's a guy who's had some decent training and fought other guys with less. The next guy I don't know anything about but if he's another guy with shaky boxing skills the result is fairly predictable.

Jake Paul is a real boxer imo. He has completely dedicated his life to the sport of Boxing for years now. He has real skills and pop in his punches.
he's better than the guys he fought so far. But there is no way to substitute for real experience. Even experienced, great fighters can change after going through a rough fight, and this guy hasn't been through 1 percent of the stuff they have.

Well anyone who gets paid to have a sanctioned boxing match, is a pro boxer. Skillwise he isn't that bad either. Atleast in terms of power
anyone who gets paid is a pro? ok, well then Ali was a pro at 12 years old because they had a little thing they did to get paid for winning, toughmen are pros too then. If that's the definition.

I guess by your definition, we could get kim kardashian to fight and because people would pay she'd be a pro. It's not the way most of us look at pro boxers though.

He is a s popular youtuber. When he is going to fight a real pro-boxer he will be pro-boxer. His opponents so far: ex-basketball player, MMA wrestler and so on. All opponents with 0-0-0 record.
He needs a real cruiserweight opponent with at least 5-6 fights experience.
I think your qualification is a little demanding, as plenty of “real boxers” won’t even fight people like that on their 4th fight, unless we consider going 0-6 as genuine experience.

When he fights someone who has made a career out of boxing, I think we can call him a “real” boxer. Doesn’t mean that the person has to be good, but that they’ve actually dedicated some portion of their life to boxing.

He's a pro boxer. There's plenty of pro boxers out there with the same record fighting suspect competition. He'll be more respected and taken seriously if he continues to win and starts facing other boxers on the same level. Let's see if he can get past Woodley first and what he does from there.

He's a pro boxer. There's plenty of pro boxers out there with the same record fighting suspect competition. He'll be more respected and taken seriously if he continues to win and starts facing other boxers on the same level. Let's see if he can get past Woodley first and what he does from there.

Plenty of pro boxers who have never fought a pro boxer before? His competition is more than suspect, he is literally fighting non fighters other than a retired mma wrestler.

Hes a pro on paper because he's been signed off so to speak as a professional.

But until he fights another boxer he's still a youtuber to me.

I believe its time he gets that respect

Once he ko'ed the former ONE and Bellator welterweight champion he definitely had my respect as a professional boxer. Yes Paul was a lot younger but Askren had far more experience and he still ko'ed him:

askrenKOedb1d5b48767cda916.gif

He beat legit guys compared to many many pros here.

I dont think many of the well known pro boxers started to climb the ladder by fighting against high level, or ranked names..

But at least fight against other pro boxers. Then i will look at him as a pro boxer.
They had amatuer careers where they went through hard fights already they didn't start out fighting bums

Back