Do you push cars on the freeway?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
You know when someone is doing 50 in the passing lane and you need to get around a rig. So you get about a half car distance away to push it forward so it can get into the chill lane where it belongs.

I usually don't do it because I like to drive slow but today I found myself forced to when a uhaul was doing 60 in the passing lane parallel to an 18wheeler on the right. Couldn't pass it for 4 miles and traffic was rolling deep behind me.

We need a vertical highway system. Instead of a travel and passing lane have a slow lane on the ground and have an express lane raised above it like a bridge. Think like a high speed rail. The cargo trucks and 18 wheelers can use the ground highway and the raised highway will be open to quicker travel as there will be no trucks to cause a disruption.

Get Elon

I don't usually consider it a good idea to drive badly around someone who is already a demonstrated bad driver.

I always assume everyone on the road is in the midst of some type of mental breakdown and that they have the will and capability to inflict grevous bodily harm...so no.

No, because I’m not a moron. Consequently that is why I have never read ended anyone. I just wait for an opening because driving like a cunt won’t get me there any faster.

That sounds like a terrible idea. Just chill out bro, what's the hurry?

If someone is going slow in the fast / passing lane on the highway I will get within a few car lengths of them just to be sure they see me in their rearview & know I'm there, that's usually enough for most people to speed up or move aside. If they are still driving too slow at that point I don't ride their ass / tailgate / push or whatever you want to call it, mostly because I still want to be ready to slow down without hitting them just in case some shit goes down and they brake for whatever reason.

No, I don't drive like an idiot, the more cars lined up behind me is more reason to maintain distance to the vehicle in front of me in case something happens to avoid being the meat in the sandwich in a collision.

No, I don't drive like an idiot, the more cars lined up behind me is more reason to maintain distance to the vehicle in front of me in case something happens to avoid being the meat in the sandwich in a collision.

You'd be safer ahead of it I think

If someone is going slow in the fast / passing lane on the highway I will get within a few car lengths of them just to be sure they see me in their rearview & know I'm there, that's usually enough for most people to speed up or move aside. If they are still driving too slow at that point I don't ride their ass / tailgate / push or whatever you want to call it, mostly because I still want to be ready to slow down without hitting them just in case some shit goes down and they brake for whatever reason.
This. I let em know they are driving too slow by getting closer than normal but I don’t ride their ass. If they are oblivious then whatever

probably shouldnt ride up on people like that

I dont know how others react but if I got someone so close to me I cant see their tires , grill and lights I tend to push the break pedal through the floorboards

Frequently I notice how utterly and absolutely shit other drivers are. Either I'll come up on some dumbass doing 55mph in the fast lane and they wont get over no matter how long you sit behind them. Then there's the piece of shit truckers who tailgate each other and wait until the last possible second to pass, and it's always right as you're about to pass them, they swerve over into the fast lane causing you to slam on the brakes. It's like they're not smart enough to wait until you go by.

probably shouldnt ride up on people like that

I dont know how others react but if I got someone so close to me I cant see their tires , grill and lights I tend to push the break pedal through the floorboards

Now thats just dumb

Now thats just dumb
No. You being unsafe trying to lick my asshole with your bumper is dumb. You know why they call them accidents, right? Because they’re unplanned. The safer this is to drive the suggested 2 car lengths back. I get the “it’s safer to be past the slow driver” argument but the path to pass that driver by driving like a schmuck is incredibly unsafe and selfish by putting not only your safety but other drivers safety in jeopardy.

I try not to tailgate people, but you really do need to get the fuck out of my lane.

No. You being unsafe trying to lick my asshole with your bumper is dumb. You know why they call them accidents, right? Because they’re unplanned. The safer this is to drive the suggested 2 car lengths back. I get the “it’s safer to be past the slow driver” argument but the path to pass that driver by driving like a schmuck is incredibly unsafe and selfish by putting not only your safety but other drivers safety in jeopardy.

You tell em buddy

Back