Do you think Joe Rogan is smart?

He's a meat head bro science guy that has a podcast... he's no smarter than you or me.

I dont think hes stupid at all until...

Until he cant recite information his guests deliver. He also cant remember movies for shit.

Odd pairing, but if you cant remember titles or actors in a movie, then how can you remember shit rhonda patrick preaches?

On that same note, i listen to all of his nutrition and conditioning podcasts because hes all about "human performance." But jesus christ, his questions to conflicting guests fucking kill me.

Like that asshole that does the carnivore diet. I wouldve asked heavily on taking a shit cuz that sounded like bullshit to me. Id also ask about if you needed time to be accustomed to the diet if youre active cuz mark sisson said you do. Then chris bell said he needed something for his workouts, like an apple. These are important.

As a host that claims he remembers a lot, he doesnt seem like it. You gotta get some obvious questions asked and know where there may be bullshit.

You can tell a lot about the Rogan dick riders - their brains are fried/constantly under the influence, like his.

Yup. The people who think he's some genius have extremely low standards or are delusional in how real smart people are like. They expose themselves and maybe surrounded by fools so he sounds smart to them. As a student I find it laughable. But he has a likeable personality and is a cool person so I like him.

Well, the scientists don't agree with me so they're wrong!

dunce_hat_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqpawb723fAyJ42k_1qfiW_OIFTN8ZHEUZThdwcDv6fo4.jpg

Like I said, forget PhD. Joe is not even college level smart lol. Is that not enough of an indication?

When you comment or do something your credibility counts. Joe has none.
Would you call a mechanic or a college drop out to fix your car lol?

He is poor in Maths( as said by him) so his IQ certainly not more than 100. People who are experts at Maths have an IQ range of around 120 at least.
Coupled with him not even graduating his IQ is not more than 95 or so. Anyway, IQ isn't that important for judging someone imo. He has good communication skills. There's people with good musical skills.

Joe isn't someone of high IQ. People with high IQ are critical and creative thinkers with high analytical skills. If you look up to Joe as an intellect then you seriously need to look in better places.

Ugh, I hate when people conflate intelligence and education.

Joe is relatively smart and has above average verbal intelligence. When he has a genius on the podcast, like Niel Degrasse Tyson, they make him look simple.

He is successful, which means he has abilities to solve complex tasks and problems. I am not saying he is an intellectual, but one could call him smart.

He doesn’t strike me as particularly smart or dumb. I think his interests are what make him so popular. His lack of intellectual modesty is what gets me fired up sometimes or even often. He has very little ability to grasp how uneducated he is on most subjects in the grand scheme of things.

Perfect recent example is him essentially talking down/over Bas Rutten about how allowing the clinch in a boxing match between Conor and Floyd would change EVERYTHING, which was something Bas disagreed with.

Joe may think he’s an expert of fighting, but Bas actually is, and we all saw Floyd look better in the clinch in their actual fight too, so for Rogan to essentially shout Bas down on this point was... well sadly kind of par for course with Rogan.

He pretty readily admits he is an idiot. But he's also inquisitive. He's a sort of Socratic dullard (which makes him quite wise, ironically)

Lol, you're delusional as they come, constantly trying to impress others on an online forum. Look at me I'm smart, get laid and could beat Chris Leben in a fight! Please look at meeeee!
i could care less

none of those things are anything special

Before this conversation goes further, lets get a few things out of the way - being intelligent and being successful have nothing to do with one another. There are plenty of dumb people who make a good living. Joe Rogan is one of them. He's cultivated no useful skill or demonstrated no real value to society. Beyond his color commentating, it's really hard to justify that he does anything that requires actual intelligence. Yet, he is very successful.

His secret is that he focuses on and caters to "know it all dipshits".
You're being an insufferable elitist. He's held or currently holding a good variety of jobs (actor, host, commentator, martial artist, comedian), most of them where's he's had above average success. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume he also pays his taxes, hasn't committed any serious crimes and supports his family and friends. Yet you have the audacity to claim he's done nothing of worth in his life and he contributes nothing to his surroundings.

Like I said, forget PhD. Joe is not even college level smart lol. Is that not enough of an indication?

When you comment or do something your credibility counts. Joe has none.
Would you call a mechanic or a college drop out to fix your car lol?

He is poor in Maths( as said by him) so his IQ certainly not more than 100. People who are experts at Maths have an IQ range of around 120 at least.
Coupled with him not even graduating his IQ is not more than 95 or so. Anyway, IQ isn't that important for judging someone imo. He has good communication skills. There's people with good musical skills.

Joe isn't someone of high IQ. People with high IQ are critical and creative thinkers with high analytical skills. If you look up to Joe as an intellect then you seriously need to look in better places.
If someone has an average IQ of 100 they would be suitable for jobs like customer service or cashier, you're really claiming he would struggle with those jobs? And do you know the circumstances of him not graduating? Did he drop out by choice or because he couldn't 'hack' it or simply choose not to go to college at all?

Not to mention the difficulty and worth of getting a degree can dramatically differ based on what direction and college you're going in the first place. A degree isn't proof of high intelligence, and a lack of a degree isn't proof of lack of intelligence.

Last edited:
Lol ... id say scientists in general are pretty intelligent. Comedians are in general class clowns that were abused as children and need attention

Except according to those "pretty intelligent" scientists, sense of humor is a fairly solid indicator of intelligence. Pretty obvious I would say.

I have no dog in this race, but a good comedian is likely to be smart. Making a large crowd of people laugh and experience joy by simply standing there saying words is not exactly child's play. It's ignorant to say otherwise.

hes a parrot who repeats things he reads on the internet

You don't even know how to say couldn't care less. Drug fried brain shows again you dullard
You're on antidepressants dude.

I feel you really should work on a better outlet for your toxicity

literally 99% of your posts are toxic as fuck, projecting and instigating little arguments over mostly nothing.

Get some help

Depends on the context. Compared to the average adult, he's smart. I'd bet he's smarter than most of the posters suggesting he's not.

Depends on the context. Compared to the average adult, he's smart. I'd bet he's smarter than most of the posters suggesting he's not.
At minimum he's more competent than they'll ever give him credit for. He's pretty up front about the fact he was an idiot for most of his life, and only in the last half-decade he's really trying to expand his knowledge. And really, that's all it takes to earn respect from truly intelligent people. A willingness to listen and ask questions.... and accept answers.... is it.

Back