Do you think Joe Rogan is smart?

He is obviously smart as an entertainer, businessman, and is respected as a renaissance man of sorts...

His arrogance is what really rubs people the wrong way.

People love this type of thread btw, judging Rogan's intellect places their intellect on a pedastal.

He's not dumb but he's not a genius either. I'd venture to say he's above average if only marginally.
agreed. if IQ were actually a thing and 100 was actually the mean and 1% of people were above 130, i'd put him at 110ish.

of course the IQ concept isn't sound, therefore i use it as a metaphor.

and he has a very wide breadth of knowledge. he knows slightly more than skin deep and can converse across a wide variety of topics.

and that makes him a good podcaster. and i think he's a very good color commentator as well.

but don't confuse "more than skin deep about a breadth of issues" with very knowledgeable about lots of things. he isn't. when he talks about the handful of things i happen to know a tad more than most about, it turns out he's pretty fucking wrong about 1) the facts past the surface level and more importantly 2) the context of everything he's talking about. but he barges ahead like a bull anyway, and it gets him to some pretty dreadfully wrong conclusions.

and that he's dreadfully wrong doesn't matter to most of his listeners. in that way, he's like the internet personified lol

so TS, i have a homework assignment for you. pick the one or two things you actually know more than most people about, see if he has discussed those topics, and listen. i'd be curious what you think.

Last edited:
joe rogan thinks he's smart because he reads/watches something and then tries to pass it off like he's an expert.

joe rogan is nothing but a parrot.

I listen to him once in a while, and I think he makes sense a lot of the time. Of course, I don't agree with everything he says, but no one agrees with everyone.

I think he is knowledgeable about many things and tries to learn a lot about a variety of topics. Overall though, I think he's pretty intelligent.
Yes, he tends to play dumb a lot more over the last few years.

Prior to this he was far more uninhibited and just let his thoughts flow freely without a ton of holding back. Now it seems like he tries to be more politically correct and is far more careful about what he says and just generally underplays his own intelligence. Anyone familiar with him for a good period of time knows that Isn't the case though.

Joe Is a very Intelligent / wise dude In general. It just might take an Intelligent person to see It, or someone with the ability to read between the lines.

The people on this forum for example who believe he's dumb are usually very dumb themselves and likely extremely biased.

I think you can tell a lot about how Intelligent people are In general by their opinion about Joe Rogan.

Relatively intelligent.

He's not a genius or anything, but he doesn't seem stupid and he has the gift of the gab. He's quick on his feet verbally. He's a bit bro'd out for my liking and isn't a rocket scientist or anything, but I don't think he's ever touted himself as such. Personally I don't listen to his podcast that much due to said broness, though he gets amazing guests. Usually I'd rather see his guests in their home court rather than on Rogan, but there are some guys (I think Ben Askren recently) that don't have their own shows/books/podcasts that are nonetheless interesting.

Also Brandon Schuab is on Rogan, that's enough not to tune in right there.

Yes, he tends to play dumb a lot more over the last few years.

Prior to this he was far more uninhibited and just let his thoughts flow freely without a ton of holding back. Now it seems like he tries to be more politically correct and is far more careful about what he says and just generally underplays his own intelligence. Anyone familiar with him for a good period of time knows that Isn't the case though.

Joe Is a very Intelligent / wise dude In general. It just might take an Intelligent person to see It, or someone with the ability to read between the lines.

The people on this forum for example who believe he's dumb are usually very dumb themselves and likely extremely biased.

I don't think he is playing dumb.

I think he is being PC because he just wants to be considerate of others, that's more an tribute to his emotional intelligence than anything that can be held against his intelligence. Well, I guess that depends on what of his you qualify as PC, because he certainly is judgmental and close minded towards some subjects, which I do think you can hold against his level of cognizant operating.

No joe is definitely not what I would consider smart or intelligent. That doesn’t mean he is dumb. He’s more like pot head smart. He says so many things about so many topics that it’s hard to keep it all straight. He constantly speaks on subjects he clearly has no knowledge of. It’s why he surrounds himself with people that pay to be on his show, or guys like Brandon, and Joey Diaz. I stopped listening to his podcast because he would constantly contradict himself. He would so without even realizing it.

Last edited:
The guy is well spoken, an MMA encyclopedia and has read more books than most months sherdogger s have been alive.

I d say he's a pretty smart cat

No one in the world believes that the ACT or SAT or LSAT determine intelligence. Although they do mirror some aspects of intelligence testing. Their primary purpose is determine if you possess basic problem solving skills taught during certain grades in school. If you were never taught the concepts or their foundational concepts, your intelligence doesn't matter, you won't do well on the tests.

But real intelligence tests go much further.

There is nothing wrong with the old school Binet-Simon Scale, but Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale is now the accepted test across disciplines and countries.

I'd love to learn more about Neuroimaging intelligence testing, although it could be used to hide racial and ethnic biases, rather than illustrate the impact of social, economic and environmental injustices on aspects of intelligence.

Two types of intelligences that are interesting reading topics are:
  1. Fluid intelligence
  2. Crystallized intelligence

there's the WAIS test that has different ranges of, well, tests based on the level of instruction.

I don't think being intelligent and being a scholar are necessarily tied together. Most scholars are intelligent but the fact that he didn't pursue a PHD is not seriously telling on what is IQ might be.

Like I said, forget PhD. Joe is not even college level smart lol. Is that not enough of an indication?

When you comment or do something your credibility counts. Joe has none.
Would you call a mechanic or a college drop out to fix your car lol?

He is poor in Maths( as said by him) so his IQ certainly not more than 100. People who are experts at Maths have an IQ range of around 120 at least.
Coupled with him not even graduating his IQ is not more than 95 or so. Anyway, IQ isn't that important for judging someone imo. He has good communication skills. There's people with good musical skills.

Joe isn't someone of high IQ. People with high IQ are critical and creative thinkers with high analytical skills. If you look up to Joe as an intellect then you seriously need to look in better places.

No. He is the literal personification of a snake oil salesman trying to preach bro science. He talks out his ass on subjects he knows nothing about. I love his podcast, but it's pretty cringeworthy whenever he has a legitimate intellectual on there.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson made him look and sound like a retard for denying the moon landings and he still refutes it till this day lol.

I think you can tell a lot about how Intelligent people are In general by their opinion about Joe Rogan.
You can tell a lot about the Rogan dick riders - their brains are fried/constantly under the influence, like his.

I think joe is a smart (not genius or anything) but somewhat uneducated man. I don't mean that condescendingly at all either. But there are some natural habits we have in our brains as humans that we often we have to question so as not to make false attributions (i.e. critical thinking). Without being put through the rigours of an education, this is much more difficult.

I agree with this. Joe is quick-witted, curious, open minded and a thinker. But he is uneducated. Education really does discipline the mind and gives you perspective on the world of knowledge. It is nice to think that it is possible to be an auto-didact and develop your native intelligence, but very few people can get far studying on their own. Intelligence needs context, cultivation: that is what civilization is.

I don't think being intelligent and being a scholar are necessarily tied together. Most scholars are intelligent but the fact that he didn't pursue a PHD is not seriously telling on what is IQ might be.

Yeah, this is the flipside. Just because somebody is educated, doesn't mean that they are intelligent! I know, I am average intelligence and I am almost finished my masters degree. It is nothing special to be educated, in fact, intelligence isn't really a barrier (although definitely a privilege).

You can tell a lot about the Rogan dick riders - their brains are fried/constantly under the influence, like his.
don't do any drugs these days bruh. Clean as can be.

Only drug is nutrition, eating well, lifting, martial arts and women.

That said, my point still stands.

The genuinely Intelligent people can see through you quite easily

I think Joe Rogan is very smart in a general sense. He is a modern polymath that is informed on lotsa levels. I don't agree with everything he says (especially DMT), but he is a great comedian and usually has interesting guests on his podcast.

Rogan is more intelligent than 95% of sherdog.

There’s peer reviewed studies.

don't do any drugs these days bruh. Clean as can be.

Only drug is nutrition, eating well, lifting, martial arts and women.

That said, my point still stands.

The genuinely Intelligent people can see through you quite easily
Lol, you're delusional as they come, constantly trying to impress others on an online forum. Look at me I'm smart, get laid and could beat Chris Leben in a fight! Please look at meeeee!

Back