Dragon Age: Inquisition, v2: GotY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you get some damn runes? I hit level 9 last night and I haven't found one yet.

I also really need to go through my inventory for like an hour. I have so much shit I can't keep all of it straight. I need to really start focusing on health regen, stamina/mana regen bonuses and guard/barrier specific weapons. So far I'm just throwing shit together for highest DPS.

Yea I had no idea Cullen was in origins.

I have such an awful memory when it comes to games. I put in around 80+ hours in origins and I can't remember much of anything from it.

I didn't start find runes until middle of the game. As far as inventory I started equipping all party members to clear up space. I also destroyed/sold many accessories because you find duplicates all the time

I have such an awful memory when it comes to games. I put in around 80+ hours in origins and I can't remember much of anything from it.

I can remember some things but yea a lot of it is completely gone. The circle of magi was pretty boring though so no surprise I forgot it. I enjoyed redcliffe and the dwarf missions the most.

Any good guides for starting a new character? In the past two DA games, I usually selected a Rogue since they have high DPS, a lot of skill points, and a low threat level.

I found this one: http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2ojyvu/dragon_age_inquisition_class_build_dual_dagger/

Are there non-combat skills in the game? e.g. diplomacy, lock-picking, etc.?

I started as a Mage and enjoy it. The fact that you are a mage is noticed in minor ways throughout the story re: how you are received. It is, however, probably the most redundant class to pick because you get 3 other mages which easily cover all bases for that class.

I find Sword and Shield and 2H to be boring to play as. Good tools to have but not classes I like to have regular control of.

If did another class I'd do a dual wield rogue. They have good status combo starters and good detonators. They also have skills to cover distance very easily which is an issue I run into with my other melee characters.

The non combat skills you are referring to are called perks in this game and you get them for expanding your influence (i.e. doing so many missions). There are several to choose from and I don't believe they are character specific.

Ending Spoilers:

- Vivienne became Divine.. totally came out of nowhere. Had a feeling Cassandra was going to be it. Was hopeful though when I put in my support for Leliana. Did not want to lose any party members.
- Solas is gone. He said he respects me but vanished.
- Celene is empress. Garspard is dead and says Briala is trying to fight her way out of exile.
- I made Morrigan drink from the well.
- Cullen and some templars trying to wane off of Lyrium
- Said there is internal disputes amongst Grey Wardens.
- Said Weishauppen and Hawk has gone silent

WTF at that post-credit ending

I pretty much got all of this except:

I drank from the well
Gaspard and Briala are ruling with Celene

BTW after the credits:

Did Mythal pass on to Solas from Flemeth??

I pretty much got all of this except:

I drank from the well
Gaspard and Briala are ruling with Celene

BTW after the credits:

Did Mythal pass on to Solas from Flemeth??

I would have liked to have all 3 rule but that quest was lame as shit. Will definitely make sure I do it on the next playthrough. Idk what to think of the ending. My initial thought was that Mythal did take over Solas. But so the Dread Wolf IS actually Solas or was he just taking over that body? If Mythal did take over Solas does that mean the Dread Wolf is gone? Maybe they fused together to become a super being? Idk man my Dragon Age lore is not at the highest level so idk what is possible and what is not

How exactly do you pick who rules in Orlais? I played the damn quest but can't remember an explicit way to choose who rules

How exactly do you pick who rules in Orlais? I played the damn quest but can't remember an explicit way to choose who rules

It's based on court approval and also finding some locket. I think you need to end with an 85 approval and find some elven locket. Not sure if you need to find a certain amount of evidence too.

It's based on court approval and also finding some locket. I think you need to end with an 85 approval and find some elven locket. Not sure if you need to find a certain amount of evidence too.

Damn, I kinda want to force Briala and Celene work together.

I would have liked to have all 3 rule but that quest was lame as shit. Will definitely make sure I do it on the next playthrough. Idk what to think of the ending. My initial thought was that Mythal did take over Solas. But so the Dread Wolf IS actually Solas or was he just taking over that body? If Mythal did take over Solas does that mean the Dread Wolf is gone? Maybe they fused together to become a super being? Idk man my Dragon Age lore is not at the highest level so idk what is possible and what is not

Solas disagreed with most of my decisions I hated him. Argues with all my party members and shit.

Yeah I am also confused by the post-credits. Knowing that Solas is either THE dread wolf or just taking over Solas kinda confuses me on if they either fused (with Mythal) or not. Also how Solas was the one who gave Corypheus the orb was WTF moment.

You will have to look for a locket so you evidence to blackmail all 3 of them.

I think that quest has become the fade quest from Origins for me. When I get to it, open up a guide online.

I started as a Mage and enjoy it. The fact that you are a mage is noticed in minor ways throughout the story re: how you are received. It is, however, probably the most redundant class to pick because you get 3 other mages which easily cover all bases for that class.

I find Sword and Shield and 2H to be boring to play as. Good tools to have but not classes I like to have regular control of.

If did another class I'd do a dual wield rogue. They have good status combo starters and good detonators. They also have skills to cover distance very easily which is an issue I run into with my other melee characters.

The non combat skills you are referring to are called perks in this game and you get them for expanding your influence (i.e. doing so many missions). There are several to choose from and I don't believe they are character specific.

Awesome! Thanks. I think I want to go dual wield Rogue.

Dual wield Rogue as your main and 2 mages in the party with stuns/freezes and the game becomes too easy even on hard mode. Manually control your mages and set up combo detonators for your rogue.. Every encounter ends without a challenge

I think that quest has become the fade quest from Origins for me. When I get to it, open up a guide online.

Yeah I had to look up a guide at one point cuz my approval was so low I was getting game overed at the dancing part lol. Strongly disliked that quest- easily my least favorite in the game. I remember the Fade quest in Origins. I used a guide for the whole thing lol. There's a mod for PC to skip that whole quest and still get teh bonuses, so if I start up Origins again I'll likely dl that

Awesome! Thanks. I think I want to go dual wield Rogue.

I was playing last night and kind of wishing I had a dual wield rogue. There is one companion that you get that "defaults" to that, but I haven't gotten him yet. They seem like they have a lot of cool ways to set up massive damage attacks.

I felt the same way you did about 2H users until I got Grappling chain. I was able to pull any enemy right toward me and then when I went Reaver I fell in love with that class. Revear is so different from the other class I really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back