International E Jean Carroll Bests Donald J Trump to the Tune of $83 million

Yea I think it's unrealistically excessive. This lady would never touch that amount of money in a million years in actual earnings.
The first judgement was a fraction of this one. But that's how it works; if you refuse to abide by a jury's decision, the second slap is much much harder. Carroll's attorney specifically asked the jury to decide how much of a judgement is necessary to make him stop. That was the question in the closing argument. If he does it again, it will be an order of magnitude bigger as well.
I'm not going to re-litigate the entire first trial, or this one even, but suffice to say he did an extremely poor job of defending himself. And in a civil jury trial, where the bar of proof is significantly lower than a criminal court, you reeeeeeally need to have your shit together.

Yea I think it's unrealistically excessive. This lady would never touch that amount of money in a million years in actual earnings.

I looked at the Wiki page and it says the jury found there was no evidence for rape, but it was "sexual abuse, battery and defamation."

No idea what that means. I'd like to see the actual evidence in the trial.

Seems this was a coordinated effort. Co-founder of Linkedin, Reid Hoffman, paid her legal expenses.

And normally there would be a statute of limitations on something this old, but there was a brief law that allowed sexual assault victims to file civil suits regardless of expired statutes of limitations. This law expired in Nov 2023.

IDK seems pretty fishy. What was the evidence that got him convicted?

see thats the thing. All he had to do was appear even remotely sympathetic and not a total rich douche and brag about how he can do what he wants cause hes a celebrity it might have gone different

see thats the thing. All he had to do was appear even remotely sympathetic and not a total rich douche and brag about how he can do what he wants cause hes a celebrity it might have gone different
The deck was definitely stacked hard in his favor. Anything resembling self control and a competent defense and he would have brushed it off.

I know literally nothing about this case, but 100 million seems crazy excessive for defamation because he called her crazy. It seems people don't like him politically, so they're trying tp punish him.

I mean Johnny Depp got his finger chopped off, actually was physically abused and then his life completely ruined. And he only got 14 million.

Take it up with the jury, apparently they found Trump's behavior that reprehensible

I apparently just did teach you something you didn't know.

Your mom didn't abort you. But here you are advocating for the abortion of other moms kids. What makes you think you deserve to live if you feel that way?

You have a long hard road ahead of you.

GEzRl-rXcAEJcU_

now thats a name

Last edited:
Your mom didn't abort you. But here you are advocating for the abortion of other moms kids. What makes you think you deserve to live if you feel that way?

You have a long hard road ahead of you.

His mom chose to keep him. What's the argument there? If she hadn't, what would it mean to someone who would never have existed?

The deck was definitely stacked hard in his favor. Anything resembling self control and a competent defense and he would have brushed it off.
Also his idiot lawyer turning it into a clown show didnt help

Trump is supposed to appear remotely sympathetic for something that never had enough evidence to make it to trial? And they actually convicted him?

You're all the same. Godless dishonest liberals with zero morals.

Proverbs 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.

Ok but that's not worth 100 million dollars. That's ridiculous.

Yes left, cheer on one of the dumbest parts of our legal system until its used against somebody or something you align with, and then - blah blah "its different this time, you chud bastard!" :/
Imagine defending a fat rapist man child
You'r the fucking snowflakes

Back