Media Even joe rogan and his rat pack think Sean won the fight

Watching it in real time, I too thought Strickland won because of the higher output. But as this breakdown shows, DDP landed the heavier shots, takedowns, and showed more aggression while Sean never really pushed the action and was content to just throw jabs.

Takedowns aren't worth sand if they produce no fruit...which they didn't sir.
No GNP, No Sub attempts, and really no control.

It's true that, fights being scored the way they are, it's really hard to get a draw. In fact, when there is actually a draw in the UFC, I often feel that it is more an accident, like a judge with a really weird scorecard. Let's be real, it wouldn't be good for business, but I think it would be fair to be able to actually score a 10-10 without the need for exceptional circumstances
Regarding the unified rules :
ROUND SCORING:

10–10 Round

“A 10 – 10 round in MMA is when both fighters have competed for whatever duration of time in the round and there is no difference or advantage between either fighter.” A 10 – 10 round in MMA should be extremely rare and is not a score to be used as an excuse by a judge that cannot assess the differences in the round. A 10 – 10 round in MMA is a necessity to have for the judge’s possible score, mainly due to scoring incomplete rounds. It is possible to have a round where both fighters engage for 5 minutes and at the end of the 5-minute time period the output, impact, effectiveness and overall competition between the two fighters is exactly the same. It is possible, but highly unlikely. If there is any discernable difference between the two fighters during the round the judge shall not give the score of 10 – 10. Again, this score will be extremely rare.
I think it's clear, the spirit of the rule is that draws are not welcomed.
You know, I think those really close fights, where people speak for weeks and weeks about who really won, robberies and such, is also an important driving force in MMA fandom.

Half off-topic : It reminds me of soccer, where they introduced video assistance for refereeing extremely recently. People were against it, because the ref failing, unfair results, undeserved wins (think about the Mano de Dios) was seen as fuel for passion, and in some way, a reflection of the unfairness of life. People now complain that the sport seem bland, with all the fancy technology, etc

Haven’t watched the video, but chances are high they talked about 9/11 more than they actually watched the fight.

They have a habit on not really paying the most attention to the fights though and are often far from sober. Their live reactions aren't based on the best analyses out there.

He has way more insight than you, I'd say he is an authority on the matter, and even has insider knowledge of all the inner mechanics and workings of the ufc. Your argument is a fail bro, take this L

Edit: lol at those agreeing with you, cognitive dissonance is a mf

Inner workings of the UFC? Are you trying to say the fights are fixed?

Inner workings of the UFC? Are you trying to say the fights are fixed?
What I believe is just what I've seen, that the ufc will go any lengths to engineer a result and I dont think they have the integrity to be above racketeering. Just my take based on watching how they move for over 20 years.

woke lefties? wtf how would you even know? <Lmaoo> is this entire thread somehow politically motivated? was there some sort of political theme to this fight that i'm unaware of?
I know because no sane person would like it

You don't have to love someone or even like them to show respect. You don't have to hate them to be critical.

People are ruled by emotions or biases so they're stuck In this mentality.

Not wanting to take 2 seconds to read something exposes your mentality.

A person unwilling to put forth the bare minimum of effort, isn't someone you can expect to be even a little accurate when it comes to analyzing others.

Like I said, most people can't see further than they themselves are capable of.

A lot of intelligence takes place beneath surface level perception. This is a you thing, more than it is Rogan.
his evasion of having to read your argument and ignoring facts is exactly what a woke lefty does.

I'm a DDP fan but winning a close 3-2 decision against the champ doesn't do it for me. Not a champ in my eyes yet.

The only opinions that matter are the 3 judges. Every dink in the world could disagree with a decision but their opinions don't mean shit.

This right and left shit constantly being posted on Sherdog is so silly.

I want someone to shoot me if I ever become this much of a joke of a human being.

He has way more insight than you, I'd say he is an authority on the matter, and even has insider knowledge of all the inner mechanics and workings of the ufc. Your argument is a fail bro, take this L

Edit: lol at those agreeing with you, cognitive dissonance is a mf
People love to shit on Rogan no matter what he does. All the people talking shit couldn’t do half of what he does yet they think they can because they watch fights lol.

Fucking dumb asses here and there’s no shortage of them either.

Yo my fam, you was been droppin' straight facts on this ting. That scrap with Sean Tarzan, mans know it shoulda been a draw, this was been certain. But you see how these higher-ups was move, right? They was all aboot that paper, a draw was not been filling their pockets of theirs the same, seen?

And yo, President Dana was on that hustle for the African market, man's he was playing 4D chess out here. These decision, they was not been just aboot the fights, they was aboot spreading the empire, styll. It was make mans wonder, are we givin' UFC too much ratings, thinkin' they was have been all goodie?

Also no caps, how's Sean gonna been take this L when he left dude lookin' mashed up? Nah, that ain't no loss, my fam.

But check into this, the whole vibes with Sean Tarzan and the "woke" reporter, that's just the commencement, you was right my #UFCFriend. Disney and ESPN, they're 'bout to press Dana and UFC big time like you say, force man to follow them non-hate speech rules and ting. It's a wave comin', #Trust. Dana might chat aboot free speech, but end of the day, he's just a pawn for them big league players.
This was why he start the (still) growing sport of Power Slap, my fam. This new world order biz, it's creepin', and we gotta stay woke to the play. 🤔💰🥊

As always,

Stay safe. Stay Awake.

View attachment 1025149
#GANAB and #StopAmericanHate
I've been intrigued by your posts lately, is it a lost bet, bro ?
Anyway, YOU stay safe.

Everyone watches fights with a bias. Would have to rewatch the fight to get a proper perspective

Back