Fake comic book fans

I consider myself a comic fan even though I don't have too many comics. I have like 15-20 spiderman, some spawn and witchblade/ darkness comics. I just read the stories on the internet most of time.

I do have the complete card set for marvel masterpieces 1996 that's supposedly worth a decent amount. Would never sell it though since i got the box when I was a kid for my birthday so sentemental value.

If someone likes to watch baseball, but they don't play baseball does that make them a fake baseball fan? Or just different than someone who does both?

Well no. Sports are activities so I can understand a person preferring to watch than compete. Reading comics consist of nothing physical except picking up the book to read it. I guess its like if you like something enough to watch a movie but not enough to read a magazine about the same subject how much do you really like? Clearly its not a true interest or love or you would like all aspects involving the subject not just movies.

Well no. Sports are activities so I can understand a person preferring to watch than compete. Reading comics consist of nothing physical except picking up the book to read it. I guess its like if you like something enough to watch a movie but not enough to read a magazine about the same subject how much do you really like? Clearly its not a true interest or love or you would like all aspects involving the subject not just movies.
You're getting caught on semantics, it's the same thing

i just hate when those noobs act like they fucking know what theyre talking about

Because people can just download them now. Its like music lovers who dont own any records. Shit happens.
That would still constitute reading them... A digital copy of a book is still a book.

I was a fan of Saturday morning comic book cartoons growing up, but never read them. They always seemed so fragmented with spins offs and weird shit...I just wanted to follow one storyline and have it make sense.

Well that would be an understandable reason to avoid actual comics the story lines are admittedly all over the place. Different realities and alternate times line can be a bit much lol

I still have a trunk full of comics I bought as a kid. I bust em out every now and then, just to look through them. I sometimes forget what I got in there.

These are a few that I photoed last time I had them out.

m2A5T1z.jpg

KsgMFoZ.jpg

Dope!! I use to read Maxx and I have the same Spawn #1 I also have the Infinity Gauntlet but its not in as good of condition as yours. I read a lot this stuff as a kid, when I started collecting and reading again I started buying older stuff nothing made before the 70's unless its a significant issue. But thats a dope stash!

You're getting caught on semantics, it's the same thing

Not really, I'm fairly specific in my sentiment. If you don't like comics enough to read them you can hardly consider yourself a "fan" (which is short for fanatic)

It's because comic book characters are really cool but actual comic books are a jumbled mess of retcons, rewrites, reboots, non-canon crap that's too hard to follow.

That's a funny sentiment... For someone who actually grew up reading comics its like the attitudes of the characters and their general life theologies are what drew me to comics. I guess it easier to have people explain how they see an idea instead of coming up with own views. It's like people have an idea of who Wolverine is right?? But only the idea's of his characters that current writers choose to deal with. I just use him as example because Wolverine is one of the more popular characters so his story is pretty much known

i just hate when those noobs act like they fucking know what theyre talking about
Dope ass avatar!!! Thanos is a boss most def. They have a book that has a bunch of classic hip-hop album covers recreated with Marvel characters

I consider myself a comic fan even though I don't have too many comics. I have like 15-20 spiderman, some spawn and witchblade/ darkness comics. I just read the stories on the internet most of time.

I do have the complete card set for marvel masterpieces 1996 that's supposedly worth a decent amount. Would never sell it though since i got the box when I was a kid for my birthday so sentemental value.

but reading a digital copy is still reading so thats something a "fan" would do.

Pan Asian anti communist comics fans are the only true comics fans imo

Why would someone pretend to be a comic book fan as if some great prestige and respect comes with that?

I have thousands upon thousands of comic books sitting in storage. Didn't have room in my new place to keep them.

In the nerdiest fashion possible, every single one is in plastic comic bags and sealed.

wow. i dont know what is more embarrassing..... being an adult who is a comic book fan or being an adult and pretending to be a comic book fan

There was a time I'd go toe to toe with anyone talking about comics, but that was thirty years ago.

I read a sentence or two from @Anung Un Rama talking about comics these days and understand he'd curb stomp me in a comic book argument.

I have thousands upon thousands of comic books sitting in storage. Didn't have room in my new place to keep them.

In the nerdiest fashion possible, every single one is in plastic comic bags and sealed.
You think you'll ever be able to sell those for more than cover price? Or eventually donate them and deduct fair market value?

Back