Elections Fakenews fabricates Trump "bloodbath" hoax

Name a politician that isn't.

This discussion is about the press and if they should call out lies by politicians on either side. I say yes but some are saying that's biased to do so. Some are arguing the press should be so neutral that they can't say when a politician is directly lying.... Of course that's an absurd and stupid position arrived at by knowing full well that their preferred politician is such a despicable liar that there is no end to the lies that can be covered.

A journalist's job is whatever the publication they work for tells them it is, which is what we have already. The complaint, which is shared by 2/3 of the country, is that we don't have a disinterested media that are just there to inform the public, we have a handful of corporations who own all of it, and employ social climbers to be the liars themselves and are paid handsomely to intentionally deceive the public and push their political preferences. A politician's job is to convince the public that they are the best choice, and the job of the press SHOULD be to cover important events, and a commentator, who is not a journalist, can provide commentary and their opinions. News and commentary should be kept separate, not gradually blend into one another.
I think a journalist job is to tell the truth in as unbiased away as possible and that's the standard we should all be striving for and holding them to. When a politician tells a direct lie that ought to be aired out in public on purpose in the interest of truth and that should happen no matter which side of the aisle that politician is on.

Nothing about what I'm saying ought be controversial. I'm not defending the corruption of journalists. I'm describing journalism itself and what its role is.

Some are saying journalists ought to be so neutral that they don't call out politicians when they lie. But that's an absurd and stupid position. That's what I'm speaking about here in this thread. The stupidity of that position.

No, I'm going with the "you are a partisan jackass who see's and hears what he wants to see and hear". If you had any integrity you would attack Trump for things he actually said and meant. But it's clear you didn't bother to read or listen to what he actually said in context and won't because you would rather have your biases confirmed.

Trump was clearly talking about an economic disaster and he used a common idiom for such an event when he described it as a "bloodbath". As usual the MSM and other propaganda outlets removed the context of what he said and uncurious partisan nitwits like yourself dutifully ascribed the worst possible interpretation to it so you can keep your fantasies of Trump as 21st century Adolf Hitler alive.
Wait a minute, I thought you guys always harped on Drumpf’s constant riffing from topic to topic, in the very same sentence, as one of his “quirks” and “style” and definitely NOT dementia. He himself claims it as proof as big brainlyness.

So he talks about car economics then jumps to what’s going to happen if he doesn’t get voted in.
Thats on brand for him.

Sorry, you don’t get to have your cake and eat it too. I don’t know why that is. Maybe the Jewish space laser operators or transgender alien immigrants have something to do with that.

This discussion is about the press and if they should call out lies by politicians on either side. I say yes but some are saying that's biased to do so. Some are arguing the press should be so neutral that they can't say when a politician is directly lying.... Of course that's an absurd and stupid position arrived at by knowing full well that their preferred politician is such a despicable liar that there is no end to the lies that can be covered.

So you can't. Got it.

He was talking about the 2020 election where Biden lost several bellwether counties that Obama won, and Obama got more votes in most counties. Just a very fre counties like Fulton, maricopa, Philly, Wade (Detroit), Biden somehow magically out performed obama by large numbers, causing him to barely win the states

It is a very clear point he made.

Does that not make sense?

Wayne dipshit, Detroit and its metro are in Wayne County.

That's what I said, motherfucker.

Read you can?

View attachment 1035582
LOL
That's goofy. What next? Are you going to tell me my father didn't really die in the clone wars?

he-hedead.gif

Last edited:
Can you show me where Bernie Sanders ever made a factual claim in public that he knew was untrue?
It's impossible to know what he knew or not, but he's definitely said untrue things (for example, when he claimed that Biden praised Paul Ryan for proposing cuts to SS/Medicare or when he claimed his campaign had released tax returns that it hadn't--which is something you'd expect him to know). That's kind of an impossible standard, though. I don't think there's any evidence that politicians in general are more dishonest than the general public, and I'd guess that they're actually quite a bit more honest. But no one has a perfect record of accuracy.

But that doesn't excuse Trump's off-the-charts dishonesty. By a huge margin, he is the most dishonest politician we've ever seen.

Can you show me where Bernie Sanders ever made a factual claim in public that he knew was untrue?
It's funny how deeply the right hates him, even though he's one of the most true politicians we've ever seen in our lifetimes.

As Jack helpfully pointed out, errors of fact are not lies unless they're deliberate. Hence the wording of my previous post, "a factual claim in public that he knew was untrue". Can you demonstrate that he was aware he was making specific errors in fact in any of the claims in that article which I didn't read?

It's impossible to know what he knew or not, but he's definitely said untrue things (for example, when he claimed that Biden praised Paul Ryan for proposing cuts to SS/Medicare or when he claimed his campaign had released tax returns that it hadn't--which is something you'd expect him to know). That's kind of an impossible standard, though. I don't think there's any evidence that politicians in general are more dishonest than the general public, and I'd guess that they're actually quite a bit more honest. But no one has a perfect record of accuracy.

But that doesn't excuse Trump's off-the-charts dishonesty. By a huge margin, he is the most dishonest politician we've ever seen.
Understood. My point was there appear to be clear examples of politicians who hold themselves to a certain, very acceptable, standard of behavior; not that Bernie particularly is some kind of latter day Jesus.

As Jack helpfully pointed out, errors of fact are not lies unless they're deliberate. Hence the wording of my previous post, "a factual claim in public that he knew was untrue". Can you demonstrate that he was aware he was making specific errors in fact in any of the claims in that article which I didn't read?

Ok well you were respnding to my post and I never put that caveat in there so tough shit.

Back