Favourite Sopranos character?

What a great show. I've been rewatching loads of Sopranos clips on YouTube over the last week so I'm glad this thread got bumped.

There are so many great characters on the show, there are not many I don't like and even they are great to watch.
Silvio was always one of my favourites. Everytime I watch this scene he still cracks me up.

What a great show. I've been rewatching loads of Sopranos clips on YouTube over the last week so I'm glad this thread got bumped.

There are so many great characters on the show, there are not many I don't like and even they are great to watch.
Silvio was always one of my favourites. Everytime I watch this scene he still cracks me up.

haha, i love the thought-provoking aside silvio takes to assess the situation, then calmly recommends having him killed.

after thinking it through, i think my favorite character is still chrissy, but there is one particular scene that always gets to me. this one with philly is fucking terrifying. maybe the scariest character on the show when given the chance. here's the scene that comes to mind:

So many great ones but Furio is the first name that comes to mind for me. F’n G. He also seemed to have something of a code/dignity to him despite doing plenty of P.O.S. things like the rest of them.

Besides the obvious main favs, I always liked Patsy Parisi.
I read the actor is some kind of math professor as well.

Plus he pissed in Tony's pool.

Last edited:
Pauloe walnuts.
Pine barrens was hilarious.

He is the only guy who cam smile and frown simultaneously. True mobster.

Tony Sirico was an actual real life low level mobster, who had been arrested 28 times, he learned how to act in prison. He was basically playing himself.

Tony Sirico was an actual real life low level mobster, who had been arrested 28 times, he learned how to act in prison. He was basically playing himself.

He was mentioned in jon robert's book American Desperado, that he was just as crazy in real life as in the Sopranos during his mob years.

He was mentioned in jon robert's book American Desperado, that he was just as crazy in real life as in the Sopranos during his mob years.

I got to check that book out. Sirico actually auditioned for the part of Junior Soprano, it was given to Dominic Chianese, but David Chase liked Sirico so much that he decided to write in the character for him. Sirico said he would play anyone under one condition, the character could not be a rat.

Sirco credits acting with saving his life. He said that he'd stayed a Wise Guy he'd have been killed or died in jail.

Back