Gal Gadot reprimanded by the disabled over kind words for Stephen Hawking

Apparently liberals like to complain on social media about things nobody else would complain about.

Apparently you need to tell me the name of the womenin that Av :)

Depends on the disability for me, but if it's bad enough, then yeah.

Stop replying in them!

You underestimate your will to live. Humans are amazingly tough and resilient animals.People are usually depressed as shit for around 2 years about a newly acquired disability, but then they slowly incorporate the disability into their life and keep on trucking. And you posting this proves the need for disability advocates, particularly for people in the first two years of a disability. You are only a high speed car crash away from a wheel chair, after all.

You underestimate your will to live. Humans are amazingly tough and resilient animals.People are usually depressed as shit for around 2 years about a newly acquired disability, but then they slowly incorporate the disability into their life and keep on trucking. And you posting this proves the need for disability advocates, particularly for people in the first two years of a disability. You are only a high speed car crash away from a wheel chair, after all.
A situation that no reasonable person wishes to be a part of. Which makes this anti-ableist "movement" rather frail.

A situation that no reasonable person wishes to be a part of. Which makes this anti-ableist "movement" rather frail.

well yeah, nobody wishes it for themselves or their kids, etc., but then they find themselves in that position and have to cope with it. The point that advocates are trying to make is not to treat disabled people like they are tragic snowflakes, don't know why that is so controversial.

well yeah, nobody wishes it for themselves or their kids, etc., but then they find themselves in that position and have to cope with it. The point that advocates are trying to make is not to treat disabled people like they are tragic snowflakes, don't know why that is so controversial.
How did Gadot treat them like snowflakes? Their reaction was snowflake.

They seem to be.

But here's the weird thing, one of the girls is named Ace Ratcliff. I looked her up solely because she seemed like she might be kind of cute in her little Twitter profile pic.

Run a Google Image search on her and you'll see some pics where she's in a wheelchair:

19247885_1160776967360885_8934098215397737011_n.jpg

And then several pics of her where she's just standing up like a normal person:

C7eTUhNW0AEtPja.jpg

So I'm trying to figure out . . . just how fucking disabled is this girl really? And what exactly is this disability?

I hope to hell she's not some weird disability groupie or something.

Maybe she’s a disability fluid transable person.

How did Gadot treat them like snowflakes? Their reaction was snowflake.

From the guy who responded to Gadot with a pretty simple point. "People with disabilities don’t wish for death to be free of their challenges. We wish to be valued for what we CAN do, not pitied for we can’t."

From the guy who responded to Gadot with a pretty simple point. "People with disabilities don’t wish for death to be free of their challenges. We wish to be valued for what we CAN do, not pitied for we can’t."

I find this to be sort a like the common saying when someone dies saying "He's in a better place" and then someone saying "He didn't want to die to be in a better place". It's missing the point of the sentiment.

Also that is a false dichotomy. Someone can both value and pity someone and that is usually the case. Not wanting to be pitied is fine though. Empathetic people tend to pity others and that is not always constructive or wanted. It is within the realm of normal human behavior to have some pity for someone afflicted with ALS.

Ahh, a real classic. Some people complaining about something and then a bunch of other people complaining about people complaining, etc.

A good combination of people being easily offended and people that are extremely sensitive about people having opinions.

Ahh, a real classic. Some people complaining about something and then a bunch of other people complaining about people complaining, etc.

A good combination of people being easily offended and people that are extremely sensitive about people having opinions.
Nice to have you.

Run as far away as you can and do not look back.

Impossible to abscond from the The Nexus Mr Lead. It has already been told to you.

Did you moisturize today?

Gal GaD'oh!

Seriously though, Hawking achieved more than that no ass no tits no real acting waif can ever possibly begin to imagine.

She very pretty, but her normal body type is scrawny.

It reminds me of her husbands dumbfuck shirt that made people mad.

...I mean, if she is too dumb to realize why that shirt was fucking stupid, then...fuck her.

i understand his point of view, but gadot made her post in good faith i think, and twitter is not really a good medium to explain to her how it could offend the disabled, they are not a homogenous whole and some people would have appreciated her thoughts in the spirit in which they were intended

i understand his point of view, but gadot made her post in good faith i think, and twitter is not really a good medium to explain to her how it could offend the disabled, they are not a homogenous whole and some people would have appreciated her thoughts in the spirit in which they were intended

Yeah, he made sure she knew that she was "fantastic" before he made his point though, and he was making his point on Wonder Woman's twitter so it would reach a large audience. I agree that she was trying to say something kind and trying find a bright side, though the reference to Hawking having something that will live on beyond his dead body shows that she didn't know much about Hawking's belief system.

That was a dumb tweet

She deserved the back lash

Quit being anti PC pussies

I find this to be sort a like the common saying when someone dies saying "He's in a better place" and then someone saying "He didn't want to die to be in a better place". It's missing the point of the sentiment.

Also that is a false dichotomy. Someone can both value and pity someone and that is usually the case. Not wanting to be pitied is fine though. Empathetic people tend to pity others and that is not always constructive or wanted. It is within the realm of normal human behavior to have some pity for someone afflicted with ALS.

I agree that it is missing the point of the sentiment, but just because someone meant well doesn't mean you can express criticism about the implications of what they said.

And empathy isn't the same thing as pity, and I think a lot of the pity people feel toward the disabled is out of a fear of what it would feel like to be in the shoes of a disabled person, and they don't even want to entertain those feelings. A few people in here have said that they would rather be dead than be disabled, it is that scary to them.

That was a dumb tweet

She deserved the back lash

Quit being anti PC pussies
Good intention but lack of thought and brains.

Remember Kelly Osbourne's "defense" of Mexicans?

"If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?" said Osbourne as Rosie Perez talked about Trump's comments.

Back