Glory 31: RVR vs Sittichai II

Glory's stats and commentators are so consistently biased.
Sittichai landec more effective punches and knees. Even many of his kicks went to the bodies as well.
(But of course the commentors just chose to say "they are all blocked!"
This fight is much closer, and I would not call it a clear robbery like the first one if Sittichai had lost.
Sittichai needs to be more careful, he got tagged way too many times by trying to be more aggressive.

Read the comments here first then watched the fight......I expected it to be closer. I thought Sittichai won pretty clearly. It was closer than the first fight but Sittichai won a large majority of the exchanges and outboxed RVR (wtf those punch stats, holy moly). Contentious rounds were 1 and 4 which could have gone either way i guess. Round 1 was a draw at best for RVR.

Sittichai landec more effective punches and knees. Even many of his kicks went to the bodies as well.
This fight is much closer, and I would not call it a clear robbery like the first one if Sittichai had lost.
Sittichai needs to be more careful, he got tagged way too many times by trying to be more aggressive.
Agreed I thought the first three rounds were easily Sittichai's. The last two were toss ups.

Muay Thai won over Dutch Karate.

1378661900-DD-o.gif

Glory will probably push for a rubber match thanks to the super biased commentary amd stats.
Hopefully, Sittichai adjusts to not be in a brawl like this one, and also improves his cardio. RvR is getting more dangerous, and is clearly the biggest threat for Sittichsi in Glory.

I wonder what Glory will do with Saenchai next. He is crafty but all his best techniques will get him point deduction like this time.
I

Only 3500 spectators at the Amsterdam RAI, last time in december it was 7500... Glory should ask themself if there is a market to host 2 big events in Amsterdam and without Rico or Nieky on the card you won't draw big crowds. Maybe stick with one Dutch Glory event per year? Anyway terrible judges and that Italian ref should be fired. Sittichai vs RvR was close (I could live with a draw but Sittichai deserved the win because of the last fight), Gerges vs Londt was a robbery.

Anyway: Glory is losing it. I am not sure Robin van Roosmalen will return to Glory.

Yeah, at the end it was actually a really close fight, but I'm happy about the fact that RvR lost, the guy acted like a complete tool after "winning" the first fight and has talked smack about Petrosyan not being a real fighter (a few guys from Mike's Gym did the same), I hate that narrow minded mentality, those guys think that just a certain style of Dutch Kickboxing is real Kickboxing (Just stand your ground and go for the 1-2-3 lowkick combo over and over again).

Just got to watch the full fight, not sure what fight some people are watching but I thought it was a pretty clear win for Sittichai... Their first fight Sittichai dominated RVR pretty clearly, this fight was closer than the first but was in no way close to an RVR win. Robin had some moments where he would land a clean hook or overhand right but standing in the middle of the ring hugging your gloves to your head and getting picked apart with body kicks, knees and straight punches/uppercuts isn't going to win you a fight, I don't care if you're the "champ" (shouldn't have had the belt in the first place).

edit: RVR did a great job with his inside leg kick however, surprised Sittichai didn't try to check his low kick those looked like they stung.

I'm usually pretty forgiving towards commentators, it's not an easy job, but every time I hear someone say "Those kicks aren't landing just hitting the forearms" or "He's blocking the kicks with his forearms" in a dismissive way it makes me want to fucking scream. Kicks to the forearms are hugely damaging, no idea why people don't see this.

Exciting fight either way really happy for Sittichai.

Fight was closer then some of the people are saving here. I liked the fight :) was not a punishment to watch.

RvR dropping down a weight class would be great. Amrani vs RvR would be a great first fight in that division.

And bring in petrosyan for a LW titel fight.

RVR is being a pussy saying that he is going to translate to MMA and another things,he is not looking like who i liked that who fight anyone...He had one loss in a long time(without considerate the two fights glory judges gave him,The first with sitthichai and his fight with Marat Grigorian)...

I think that he knew he cant "beat" Sitthichai again,that is why he want to move to MMA or enter on FW division,his chance was receiving another robberie fight and Sitthichai team getting upset again and not letting Sitthichai fight in glory anymore,but the opposite thing look like to happen.

Put RVR in a contender's tournament and give Petrosyan a shot at Sittichai's title. I think Glory should just completely remove clinching if there so wishy washy on it. I like in Glory Tokyo the refs counted to 3 and then broke the clinches up but since this is Kickboxing and not Muay Thai Glory should just remove clinching all together.

Glory did the right thing on picking up Saenchai and they should've announced Rico vs Badr Hari. Also now that Marc De Bonte is back Nieky Holzken better be on the lookout.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to remove clinching. It's a reality of stand-up fighting. Glory is inconsistent, but it's still better than K-1 which limits clinches even more. All you end up with is an annoying referee constantly breaking action and yelling at the fighters. Just embrace it and let the fighters fight!

It's IMPOSSIBLE to remove clinching. It's a reality of stand-up fighting. Glory is inconsistent, but it's still better than K-1 which limits clinches even more. All you end up with is an annoying referee constantly breaking action and yelling at the fighters. Just embrace it and let the fighters fight!

Watching the Shawn Porter vs Keith Thurman Boxing fight last night those guys fought in the clinch the entire fight pretty much and it was exciting as hell. I do want Glory to let them clinch but there so adamant about having it completely abolished.

Sittichai really wants the Petrosyan fight. I hope some how it can happen

i dont believe that is petro who dont want this fight,but his sponsors and team maybe,considering Petrosyan can beat Sitthichai

Back