Green Bay Packers 2023

Usually, I could eyeball this thing and be like "yep, 11 or 12 wins minimum", lol. Only games that I'm penciling in as a W right now is the Bucs, Saints and Panthers games.

Usually, I could eyeball this thing and be like "yep, 11 or 12 wins minimum", lol. Only games that I'm penciling in as a W right now is the Bucs, Saints and Panthers games.

I was hoping they wouldn't have as many prime time games without Rodgers but the schedule might have been set before the trade was final.

Two Thursday games against the Lions. I'm hoping they are better prepared early in the season. I expect Love will play a lot more in pre-season than Rodgers has for the last several years. Maybe the team will be ready to play at the start of games.

Haven't watched that video yet, but most of us here are pretty aware of the reasons for GB's lack of Super bowls, lol. Does he mention anything of note?
It’s a video about their failure when it comes to the secondary. From misjudging own players, to drafting the wrong guys and the opportunity cost of forcing high picks on corners and safeties etc. Nothing new, but pretty disgusting to see it all lined up and connected lol.

Draft 2025, Mark Murphy bless :D

I've been watching some of the training camp videos on YouTube and the players seem to be enjoying it and are talking about getting help from veterans. The Packers don't have the old grizzled veterans. Someone who has been with the team 5 years is old in this case. Maybe it is easier for players of the same generation to relate to each other and the team might come together better. The majority of the players are around Jordan Love's age of 24. The punter, Pat O'Donnell is the old guy at 32 with Bakhtiari at 31.

Do the pack play the Jets this year?

No they don't in the regular season. They played them last year and the NFL rotates the AFC and NFC divisions so teams play each other every 4 years. The Packers probably will play the NFL East teams again in 2026. There is a 5th game against an AFC opponent with the 17 game schedule but I don't know how that opponent is selected. Last season it was the Titans. This season it is the Steelers.

Here is an explanation of how NFL schedules are set up.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/everything-know-about-nfl-schedule-how-it-works

Last edited:
It’s a video about their failure when it comes to the secondary. From misjudging own players, to drafting the wrong guys and the opportunity cost of forcing high picks on corners and safeties etc. Nothing new, but pretty disgusting to see it all lined up and connected lol.

Draft 2025, Mark Murphy bless :D

Defense has always been a joke since CWood21 left

Seems that Rodgers did tell the Packers, through his agent in 2021 that he wanted Gutekunst fired.

Rodgers complained about communication but it seems like he didn't want to communicate.

Rodgers told Schneidman communication between himself and Gutekunst did somewhat improve after his training-camp press conference, but it "still wasn't anywhere near what I've already enjoyed here with the Jets in just a few short weeks."
NFL Rumors: Aaron Rodgers' Agent Told Packers to Fire ...

The Packers are probably a team that has people to take care of the business end and leaves the coaches to deal with the players because they don't have an owner.

Last edited:
So slowly but surely literally everything Schefter reported a few years ago and got massive shit for is confirmed.

Wendell is probably correct.

I always thought Rodgers was a very interesting person, though a little difficult, petty and bitter, but someone who tells it like it is. He lied so much on that punters show it's pretty disappointing.

Also absolutely ridiculous:

12 is still my boy, but the moment Gute drafted Love it was a ticking time bomb until the relationship between him and the team would explode.

I still blame Gute. Should have traded Rodgers after the 2021 season to the Broncos. Especially if he knew he wasn't going to give Davante a new contract.

If I ever start following NFL then the Packers would be my team. I know Bill Shankly was influenced by Vince Lombardi so that's good enough for me.

12 is still my boy, but the moment Gute drafted Love it was a ticking time bomb until the relationship between him and the team would explode.

I still blame Gute. Should have traded Rodgers after the 2021 season to the Broncos. Especially if he knew he wasn't going to give Davante a new contract.

Gutekunst was trying ti give Davante a new contract but Davante had already made up his mind that he wanted to get closer to his family who don't like to fly.

They might have gotten a better deal for Rodgers from Denver but The Packers had just had a very good season with Rodgers which also increased Rodgers value and the dead cap would have been higher.

The talking point this week seemed to be whether the Packers were rebuilding or not. Every NFL team is rebuilding every year. I'm pretty certain that no team has had all of the same players for two years in a row. There are constantly players coming and going.

I'm pretty excited for this season. Literally anything can happen, and if they win two games they'll just get a great draft pick. Let's go.

It's difficult to believe that they could do worse than the 8-9 that they did last season with a Hall of Fame quarterback.

I'm pretty excited for this season. Literally anything can happen, and if they win two games they'll just get a great draft pick. Let's go.
obviously I hope they do well, I also hope the jets have success because I will be watching Rodgers in NY. BUT, imagine green bay with 2 top 10 picks, and love proves that he can play at a high level.

obviously I hope they do well, I also hope the jets have success because I will be watching Rodgers in NY. BUT, imagine green bay with 2 top 10 picks, and love proves that he can play at a high level.
If Love proves he can play at a high level they shouldn't have 2 too 10 picks tho

If Love proves he can play at a high level they shouldn't have 2 too 10 picks tho
I fully expect him to struggle the first half of the season and then finish strong thus proving that he can play at a high level and also securing a top pick because they still have a losing record.

Back