Green Bay Packers 2023

I will just blindly trust this guy now!

League sometimes knows more than all the draft nerds, pretty crazy how many "reaches" there have been already when you go by the draft sites. Hyatt and Darnell Washington still haven't been selected as well. Guys thought to be in the 4th going in the 2nd. It's a wild draft.

I will just blindly trust this guy now!

League sometimes knows more than all the draft nerds, pretty crazy how many "reaches" there have been already when you go by the draft sites. Hyatt and Darnell Washington still haven't been selected as well. Guys thought to be in the 4th going in the 2nd. It's a wild draft.

No doubt, I thought at least one of those two would be off the board by now.

Not gonna lie, I haven't been this locked in to football since that shellacking Green Bay gave the Vikings back on new years day. Since that week 18 loss at Lambeau to the Lions and the Rodgers trade; I've been pretty "whatever" to it all. But today has really got me pumped. I felt this team lacked legit offensive firepower since like 2016 and it sucks Rodgers didn't get more help during his twilight years here. But Gute seems to be atoning for that with these past two drafts. I've always been a big believer in "better late than never".

What I'm trying to say is fuck every other team in the NFC North. This is our division. Maybe Love won't be Rodgers or Favre Goat-level as a QB. But what if he is Matt Ryan 2016 good and has a bunch of Julio Jones' to throw the ball to? We are running the North for another 15 years, so everyone else better just accept it or get an AFC team to root for.

I just took a piss and see they got that Kraft kid? Man, I'm so happy. I would have preferred Washington, but I've got zero complaints here.

The more i read about this kid, the more the pick makes a lot of sense. High motor plus otherworldly athleticism is a very likeable combination.

If he's anything like Gary I'll take it every day.

You want a player that's always injured?

No doubt, I thought at least one of those two would be off the board by now.

Not gonna lie, I haven't been this locked in to football since that shellacking Green Bay gave the Vikings back on new years day. Since that week 18 loss at Lambeau to the Lions and the Rodgers trade; I've been pretty "whatever" to it all. But today has really got me pumped. I felt this team lacked legit offensive firepower since like 2016 and it sucks Rodgers didn't get more help during his twilight years here. But Gute seems to be atoning for that with these past two drafts. I've always been a big believer in "better late than never".

What I'm trying to say is fuck every other team in the NFC North. This is our division. Maybe Love won't be Rodgers or Favre Goat-level as a QB. But what if he is Matt Ryan 2016 good and has a bunch of Julio Jones' to throw the ball to? We are running the North for another 15 years, so everyone else better just accept it or get an AFC team to root for.
They are definitely trying to build a versatile offense for Love and LaFleur, I'm sure as hell more excited than before and at any point last season. Rebuilds are part of what makes US Sports so interesting, at least when it doesn't take forever haha. Packers won't say it, but it's a rebuild year and they likely have two first rounders plus more cap space next year, then they will try to build a winning team again. Of course that is assuming Love is decent enough, otherwise they have to use draft capital for a QB potentially. But I'm slightly optimistic.

I loved the day two picks, though I have to trust the scouting staff on Reed, I'd have taken Hyatt instead for sure. But I'm giving every player a chance, probably he is supposed to fill the role Amari was drafted for.

I think Musgrave was just coming into his own last season and then got injured early. Had he played a few games more, there wouldn't be the production questions IMO. He's still a project kind of pick, but as a pass catcher he will help right away and the upside is sooo huge.

Doubling down with Tucker Kraft, LOVE IT. He should be the more complete TE, at least at the start.

Sadly I don't know much about day three guys this year, hell, most I knew went on day two lol.

Very interesting that the team picked up this guy Brentox Cox Jr after the draft. He was supposed to be a big time college player but got kicked out of not only Florida but also Georgia lmao. Usually the team isn't all that involved in "character concerns" guys, but if he can sort his life out, it seems like he's very talented.

They are definitely trying to build a versatile offense for Love and LaFleur, I'm sure as hell more excited than before and at any point last season. Rebuilds are part of what makes US Sports so interesting, at least when it doesn't take forever haha. Packers won't say it, but it's a rebuild year and they likely have two first rounders plus more cap space next year, then they will try to build a winning team again. Of course that is assuming Love is decent enough, otherwise they have to use draft capital for a QB potentially. But I'm slightly optimistic.

I loved the day two picks, though I have to trust the scouting staff on Reed, I'd have taken Hyatt instead for sure. But I'm giving every player a chance, probably he is supposed to fill the role Amari was drafted for.

I think Musgrave was just coming into his own last season and then got injured early. Had he played a few games more, there wouldn't be the production questions IMO. He's still a project kind of pick, but as a pass catcher he will help right away and the upside is sooo huge.

Doubling down with Tucker Kraft, LOVE IT. He should be the more complete TE, at least at the start.

Sadly I don't know much about day three guys this year, hell, most I knew went on day two lol.

Im also slowly stepping off the ledge following the draft. We have a lot of capital next year, and our cap should be in a better spot. At first I was livid about Barry sticking around, but given it’s a rebuild, he will be a likely scapegoat after this season.

Im also slowly stepping off the ledge following the draft. We have a lot of capital next year, and our cap should be in a better spot. At first I was livid about Barry sticking around, but given it’s a rebuild, he will be a likely scapegoat after this season.
Oh absolutely, doesn't Jim Leonhard also sit out this year? Maybe he is down to take over in 2024. I also assume in this transitional season they can look out for DCs relatively early.

Roster still isn't terrible, but they are at this point banking on lots of young guys, especially at TE and WR obviously.

As expected, the Packers picked up Love's 5th year option but didn't extend it farther.

Edit; Initially it was reported that they picked up the option but was soon changed to a report of a renegotiated contract but still just through 2024.

Last edited:
Back