News Grizzly kills 2 people in Banff

Whatever man. You meant what you said, you took a stand with absolutely no knowledge, and you were called out and exposed. Use this as a learning opportunity and move on.

Re-read your original post, it’s retarded, plain and simple. You know this, I know this, I know that you know this. Again, you stuck your nose where it didn’t belong, and now you are paying the price. At this point, just move on my man, it is over.
It seems retarded to you because you didn't understand most of it. And it wasn't that complicated. It could have been a bit clearer but I think most people with normal reading comprehension would get what I was going for. They would see that and think "this person is from a country or region that used to have bears (probably brown bears) and they went extinct before the advent of firearms" and they'd be right. This is what happened. They were extinct by the early middle ages no cavemen involved.

I can accept my post not being funny btw that happens, can't all be gold. It's just weird that you keep insisting that the post I prefaced with "I'm no bear killing expert" is super serious anti-bear advice. The funniest thing in this thread is you thinking spear carrying for bear defence is a serious suggestion. Nothing says practicality like trying to get a very long piece of wood in your car.

Anyway I'm going to stop responding now. This is just going to go round in circles even more than it already has. I bear you no ill will. Have a good day.

two-bears.jpg

oooh that tickles

Because my Uncle gave me his DE for my birthday many moons ago. I would never buy one. If I wanted a hand cannon and willing to throw money at it... I would get the .500 SW just as much stopping power but lighter an less recoil.

A Shot gun ain't doing anything but pissing bear off unless it's slugs.
.500 S&W less recoil than a deagle? Even with a 12" barrel I doubt it.

Fire both guns n see
8-3/8" barrel S&W 500 Weight empty=4.5lb
Buffalo Bore 440gr load @ 1625fps and 2579 ft-lb

6" barrel Mark XIX Desert Eagle Weight empty=4.4lb
Underwood 300gr load @ 1580 fps and 1663 ft-lb

Don't need to shoot them. Do the math. Plus the deagle is semi-auto (has a recoil spring) mitigating a little recoil as well.

One person I knew got a grizzly license in Alaska. His son lived there and he went to visit and salmon fish every year. He used a .300 Weatherby magnum for the hunt which had to be done with a guide. They encountered a bear about 50 yards away in a clearing. The bear stood up and this man, who was an experienced hunter and a good shot, described how he took aim at the bear's chest and pulled the trigger. The bear dropped to all fours and started running straight toward them. He pulled the bolt, took aim just below the bear's head and fired a second shot. The bear dropped 15 yards from him. He was certain that his first shot should have taken the bear down. As they checked the bear, they discovered that one of the paws was blown apart. Apparently as the bear was standing, it had moved a paw just as the shot was fired so the bullet hit the bone in the paw expanding. There wasn't much energy left so it just broke through the skin when it hit the chest. His second shot hit the bear just below the throat as it was on all fours so it entered the top of the chest destroying the heart and lungs.

Back