News Grizzly kills 2 people in Banff

I'm no bear killing expert (though we did wipe out all our bears without any firearms at all- so maybe stop worrying about which caliber is best and pick up a goddamn spear). However the Sirius Sled Dog Patrol carry M1917s in .30-06 and glock 20s in 10mm for polar bears.

I
I'm no bear killing expert (though we did wipe out all our bears without any firearms at all- so maybe stop worrying about which caliber is best and pick up a goddamn spear). However the Sirius Sled Dog Patrol carry M1917s in .30-06 and glock 20s in 10mm for polar bears.

When exactly do you think we “wiped out” Grizzly Bears? Do you think humans reduced their population as cavemen?

Westward expansion in the late 1860’s to early 1900’s is what reduce the Grizzly population to about 2% of their original range. And yes, the pioneers used firearms, not spears.

Also, a .30-06 makes sense for defense of Polar Bears, not many trees in the Arctic, so using a longer ranged rifle would make sense.

It's impressive there was a 25 year old bear in that area that had never been tagged or seen before.

Whether head shot or center mass I like my chances better than the Grizzlly with a 50 Cal in my hand

A Shot gun wouldn't do shit thsn make ot more pissed unless it was a Slug.

Now if we're talking an Elephant or a Hippo charging ummmmmm I dunno lol might need a Bazooka.. but fairly confident a DE 50 cal would stop a grizzly.

I saw a television show in the 70s about a grizzly bear hunt. The guide was carrying a 12 gauge double barrel. One barrel with a slug and the other loaded with a rock salt and pepper round that he said he would shoot in the bear's face at close range so the bear couldn't see or smell anything.

I

When exactly do you think we “wiped out” Grizzly Bears? Do you think humans reduced their population as cavemen?

Westward expansion in the late 1860’s to early 1900’s is what reduce the Grizzly population to about 2% of their original range. And yes, the pioneers used firearms, not spears.

Also, a .30-06 makes sense for defense of Polar Bears, not many trees in the Arctic, so using a longer ranged rifle would make sense.
I don't think you wiped out bears, I'm not from the same country as you. I think we wiped out bears because we did. Also I'm being facetious I don't particularly want to fight a bear with a spear if I can avoid it and I don't think anyone is cowardly for not wanting to do so. The Sirius Patrol stuff I thought was interesting because they have a lot of experience with polar bears and have asked for changes in what they carry for this ( and also weather conditions in Greenland).

But pitbulls are the problem
Pitbulls are in the cities, Bears... not so much.... Stupid cunts keep Pits for pets, Bears.... much, much less so.

Put the pits with the bears and let them fend for themselves.... win/win.

I don't think you wiped out bears, I'm not from the same country as you. I think we wiped out bears because we did. Also I'm being facetious I don't particularly want to fight a bear with a spear if I can avoid it and I don't think anyone is cowardly for not wanting to do so. The Sirius Patrol stuff I thought was interesting because they have a lot of experience with polar bears and have asked for changes in what they carry for this ( and also weather conditions in Greenland).
So your country didn’t wipe out Grizzly Bears, got it. Using Stone Age tools for personal defense against Grizzly Bear is pure shit talk. Then comparing Polar Bear defense to Grizzly Bear defense is apples to oranges in terms of firearms.

Basically your entire post was you talking out of your ass.

Deadfall traps work very well for grizzly bears , that is what coastal tribes used to protect their salmon drying racks . Why risk a face on confrontation when the bears own curiosity and hunger will do the job ?

So your country didn’t wipe out Grizzly Bears, got it. Using Stone Age tools for personal defense against Grizzly Bear is pure shit talk. Then comparing Polar Bear defense to Grizzly Bear defense is apples to oranges in terms of firearms.

Basically your entire post was you talking out of your ass.
They were Brown bears I never said Grizzly bears. Grizzly bears are a North American sub species of brown bear. I think you should have noticed this. Which counrty could I be talking about if I meant Grizzly Bears?.

The spear thing is clearly a joke. Do you really think I expect hikers to be carrying a 9ft length of ash at all times?. You're taking this way more seriously than I am. Was your whole family killed by bears? My apologies if that actually happened clearly a sensitive topic.

They were Brown bears I never said Grizzly bears. Grizzly bears are a North American sub species of brown bear. I think you should have noticed this. Which counrty could I be talking about if I meant Grizzly Bears?.

The spear thing is clearly a joke. Do you really think I expect hikers to be carrying a 9ft length of ash at all times?. You're taking this way more seriously than I am. Was your whole family killed by bears? My apologies if that actually happened clearly a sensitive topic.
Ugh. Whatever man, you gave an uneducated opinion and got called out. Don’t back peddle now. This is a topic of Grizzly Bears, and Grizzly Bear defense and you stuck your nose where it didn’t belong.

Your first post is there for everyone to see, and that’s all there is to this little argument. Adios.

Ugh. Whatever man, you gave an uneducated opinion and got called out. Don’t back peddle now. This is a topic of Grizzly Bears, and Grizzly Bear defense and you stuck your nose where it didn’t belong.

Your first post is there for everyone to see, and that’s all there is to this little argument. Adios.
What back pedal? The first thing I said was "I'm no bear killing expert" then I made an obious joke. You didn't get it because your whole family has been killed by bears which caused you to become overly emotional. I'm so sorry hopefully this hasn't been too distressing for you. The only slightly serious part was the Sirius patrol bit.

Whatever man. You meant what you said, you took a stand with absolutely no knowledge, and you were called out and exposed. Use this as a learning opportunity and move on.

Re-read your original post, it’s retarded, plain and simple. You know this, I know this, I know that you know this. Again, you stuck your nose where it didn’t belong, and now you are paying the price. At this point, just move on my man, it is over.

They should'a brought a gun, but it's canada, so....
<{hughesimpress}>

This guy who's close to those people that perished, goes through the timeline of events before, during and after of what happen to these people. Worth watching if you want to learn more about how it happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back