Gunnar Nelson vs Darren Till Likely to Main Event UFC London Mar 17

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Til will probably murk him while Dan Hardy tells us how well Nelson is doing

Going to go to the fights but wanted Till to fight someone higher ranked.

If this is going to be the main event, is Bisping going to fight or will he co-main?
i would think bisping would be main eventing....maybe hes not fighting. he shoulda never took that gastelum fight....now london strolls around and hes beat up and prob not gonna fight.

Bullshit. Till is an elite killer I guess 90 percent of the roster should retire because they aren't as good.

What difference does it make how good Till is?

Gunnar is either in this game to fight the best or he ought to get out. He has as opportunity to beat an "elite killer" and put himself right back in title contention. If Gunnar can't step up to that challenge, he ought to get out of the sport.

I think I remember Wonderboy's team turning down the fight, saying Till wasn't ranked high enough or something along those lines.
Yeah I think you may be right. Unfortunate. Would be an awesome fight.

Not sure what you watched, go watch it again.

Gunni was winning before one of 4 eye pokes changed the fight.

Fight lasted a little over a minute buddy. Ponzi literally didn't throw anything that first minute, then he rocked him with the first punch he threw, before the eyepoke. So no. Ponzi was winning before the eyepoke. All Gunnar did was land a couple of punches and then get rocked. You can blame the poke for him getting finished but he was already on wobbly legs by then.

Fight lasted a little over a minute buddy. Ponzi literally didn't throw anything that first minute, then he rocked him with the first punch he threw, before the eyepoke. So no. Ponzi was winning before the eyepoke. All Gunnar did was land a couple of punches and then get rocked. You can blame the poke for him getting finished but he was already on wobbly legs by then.
That makes no sense.

- Fight lasted just over 1 minute.

- Ponzi didn't throw anything.

- Gunni landed punches

- Yet somehow Ponzi was winning, by doing nothing?

And as for Gunni being rocked before the eye poke... There was at least 3 different eye pokes.

I hope Till gets starched.

QbGg_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
Sorry @TITS that's not gonna happen bro. Kid too young, too strong. (IMO)

Last edited:
Tough fight for Nelson. Till has them "Black Belt" Hands... Might be a massacre.

Actually Gunnar was eyepoked the first- and biggest- time off of one of the first punches he threw. Ponz was trying to open hand parry and caught him in the eye. You can see him trying to blink it away.

I just rewatched it because I was curious.

Ultimately though I do agree that it’s almost irrelevant to debate who was winning the first minute of a fight. Some people come out guns blazing, others prefer to feel out their opponents. It’s hard to read much into it either way until a bit of time has passed.

Thats actually a cool fight. But i wish theyd stop putting european fighters on uk cards, we dont care about random european fighters any more than americans do
I understand what you're saying, but I think it's more so that those fighters' hometown/home country fans can go to see the fight in person more easily than traveling to America.

I'm actually picking Gunnar here. Thinking that he'll tap Till.

Back