Gym idiots thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope your CF gym isn't like the rest. And I hope to god you don't buy into doing 20 fucking snatches after burpees and box jumps.

So if your affiliate gym is so much better then Glassman's teachings then why not dump the name and be a more respectable S&C gym?

And lol at trying to be a sport about "fitness". It's such a broad term that one really can't explain. And I really wouldn't consider CF a sport.

Because the gym is a business and, like it or not, the Crossfit name is valuable with that value only increasing. Reebok is on board and it's gets more and more coverage in the media.

Also, being an affiliate lets the gym members attend Oly lifting seminars, KB seminars, POSE running seminars etc. at a greatly reduced cost. Think of it as a necessary evil if you want.

Well I hope your CF gym isn't like the rest. And I hope to god you don't buy into doing 20 fucking snatches after burpees and box jumps.

So if your affiliate gym is so much better then Glassman's teachings then why not dump the name and be a more respectable S&C gym?

And lol at trying to be a sport about "fitness". It's such a broad term that one really can't explain. And I really wouldn't consider CF a sport.

$$$$, I assume.

My bad.:redface::icon_lol:

But the greatest show on television today? Bitch, please!

Eastbound and Down - you're fucking out, Dexter is fucking in!:cool::icon_twis

I hope you're not referring to the last two seasons of Dexter.

Oh yeah Belph, I've seen every single episode of Dexter since it first aired... it's shite now, total shite.

Because the gym is a business and, like it or not, the Crossfit name is valuable with that value only increasing. Reebok is on board and it's gets more and more coverage in the media.

Also, being an affiliate lets the gym members attend Oly lifting seminars, KB seminars, POSE running seminars etc. at a greatly reduced cost. Think of it as a necessary evil if you want.

So becoming a bigger name brand and reduced costs? Sounds like Golds or 24 Hour to me. No thanks, I'll attend my local gym and be instructed by much smarter lifters.

$$$$, I assume.
I kinda figured that.

I'm sure Oly lifters said the same about Powerlifting before it was recognised as a sport.

No, because there wasn't a sport that consisted of the LB squat, bench, or deadlift yet.

I haven't kept up with Dexter. Did the quality drop that much?

The 5th and 6th seasons aren't terrible but they definitely aren't at the level of the previous 4 seasons. Here is what I posted in the Dexter thread in Mayberry:

Here is how I rate/rank the seasons:

1 - A+
4 - A
2 - B+
3 - C
6 - C (first half was a B, second half was a D)
5- D

The only redeeming factor of season 6 is the cliffhanger at the end of the finale points to the next season being really good. Of course the beginning of season 6 seemed really good but then it went into the shitter.

Oh yeah Belph, I've seen every single episode of Dexter since it first aired... it's shite now, total shite.

The 5th and 6th seasons aren't terrible but they definitely aren't at the level of the previous 4 seasons. Here is what I posted in the Dexter thread in Mayberry:

The only redeeming factor of season 6 is the cliffhanger at the end of the finale points to the next season being really good. Of course the beginning of season 6 seemed really good but then it went into the shitter.

Damn. Would they still be worth the watch ?

So becoming a bigger name brand and reduced costs? Sounds like Golds or 24 Hour to me. No thanks, I'll attend my local gym and be instructed by much smarter lifters.

No, because there wasn't a sport that consisted of the LB squat, bench, or deadlift yet.

OK. I'll leave you to your anti-CF crusade and belligerent ignorance.

Anyways back on track.

I don't think this has been posted yet. One of my favorites.

Anyways back on track.

I don't think this has been posted yet. One of my favorites.

I almost did this. My last Zercher DL Pr. Fucking horrible, I feel for that guy.

I still chuckled.

It's about post Katrina New Orleans by the same people who did The Wire (Which, if you haven't seen, you should).

I watched the entire series of The Wire in way too short of a time. If you guys haven't seen it definitely check it out. Sopranos too. The best though is GAME OF THRONES!!!!

It's about post Katrina New Orleans by the same people who did The Wire (Which, if you haven't seen, you should).

I've never seen one episode of the wire. I only hear good things, though. Perhaps I should just finish the whole series in one weekend ?

Damn. Would they still be worth the watch ?

I think since you can now watch the entire season at once without waiting week to week it's worth watching, it will probably feel like the plot moves faster that way.

dfownz is correct. The best series I watched in 2011 was Game of Thrones. Sons of Anarchy Season 4 had a few incredible episodes but Game of Thrones was quality from start to finish (which came too soon! I want season 2!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back