Henry Cavill Is Scared to Flirt Because He'll Be "Called a Rapist"... Why did he say that in public?

Actually historically women were never wooed or chased. They were paid for with dowry, and arranged/assigned by the man of the house.

And there was no problem with rape accusations or #metoo movements bringing men down like we have today.

<seedat>

This is exactly the kind of statement that gives fodder to people that want to make false accusations. Its such a pansy statement by the guy and to be afraid to flirt because of the metoo movement is pathetic.

Hilariously bad. They even showed a video in an interview where Morgan looked at a girl for literally 2 seconds and were like "see proof".

Chris Hardwick had an ex from years ago "imply" he sexually abused her, only for him to prove through text messages that she cheated on him and was begging for him not to leave her. 7 months after the break up she was texting him how she will always love him and wants him back, hoping he has a great life. He was ignoring her cheating ass the whole time. Result? Hardwick has been removed from virtually everything he hosted, lost deals, and is being blackballed. Career may never recover.

Enzo was accused of rape. Girl was caught texting how amazing it was waking up next to a superstar and her own friend showed the text messages about her saying it was so cool to be with him. Police proved she was lying through investigation. Result? Enzo was fired from WWE.

There are countless, countless, countless examples now of men losing their livelihoods for being innocent but "accused". Let alone a misunderstanding. If I was him, a tall good looking male, I would feel exactly the same as all it takes is a random one off to say "oh he licked my ear when whispering" or some bs even if it's completely false and his career is done. Women ruined what the #MeToo movement was meant to be with these mass lies and exaggerations.

Ehhhh... Lets not tie Enzo's firing tothe Me Too allegation. Dude was already getting kicked off bus rides and out of locker rooms. His time was running short anyway.

He was gon get MeToo'd regardless cause he dont like to pay his tabs.

I think his concerns are justified and also overblown. It's very possible for a non-aggressive action to be misinterpreted as predatory or overly aggressive. That doesn't mean that it's happening at such a rate as to be scourge on society either.

99.999999% of male-female interactions happen without someone getting accused of misconduct. Seems kind of absurd to let an action with microscopic probability of occuring dictate your behavior unless you know that you're bumping up against that wall sometimes.

Mike Pence figured this out long before #MeToo. When I was in college, I worked hard to avoid fucking with drunk girls for this reason. I don't understand why people are acting as if this is some new phenomenon, sometimes girls don't like your approach. Sometimes guys get too handsy. Sometimes guys make a girl uncomfortable. I think this has been happening for centuries, lol.

What's the alternative, guys should be allowed to do whatever they want short of physical assault and women should never express how they feel about it? We all know that's equally absurd. So where are people drawing the line on women being allowed to express their discomfort?
The bolded and underlined I wish we could make it a sign and put it in the bar I work at.

and Male Feminists are the leading culprits of #MeToo rapes and sexual assaults.

Guys who like to virtue signal how much they respect women are the ones most likely to assault you

tumblr_o48pnqcAhs1sji7cao1_1280-e1459024619651.jpg

600x600_trudeau_grope_on_shirt_grande.png

If you strike out with a girl, you didn't RAPE THEM bro.

Geez.

Crying about not being about to chase women for fear of being called a rapist is ultra cuck to the max.

Not all girls think all guys are the fucking devil.
The MeToo movement may have started as a legit way for women to out instances of legit rape and serious abuse and that was a good thing.

However the MeToo movement has now been hijacked by many shitty women who are using it to get revenge on men when they feel a relationship did not go the way they wanted as so many of the cases up thread showcase.

So yes, men have to fear being caught up in the MeToo movement because even a specious and later proven wrong accusation is taking a huge toll and not just on celebrities.

There have been all sorts of politicians and executives (not just celebrities) whose careers have been ruined just by the leveling of an accusation that later is revealed to be disingenuous when the facts start to come out.

Too late.

I also admittedly live in a college town so this shit always feels more amped up than the rest of the country.

I feel you, but overthinking impedes action. Instead of wondering "why" just talk to them and see why they are interested in taking to you. You might be surprised.

The problem is that there are cases out in the open now where unwanted looks are being interpreted as to much attention. The amount attention that registers is being decided by the feelings of the individual girl. With no objective standard for a guy to measure his behavior against, anything can be interpreted as creepy.

I won't take business trips alone with women anymore. Something I wouldn't have thought was necessary even a few years ago. I avoid being alone with women other then my wife. I don't trust women, doubly since I actually started researching feminine psychology and the feminist movement.

Lol dude, there are billions of girls in the world. Every one of them interprets actions based on how they feel about said actions. Attraction and love aren't objective, measurable phenomena that are standardized throughout the female gender irrespective of culture and personal experiences.

The problem is that there are cases out in the open now where unwanted looks are being interpreted as to much attention. The amount attention that registers is being decided by the feelings of the individual girl. With no objective standard for a guy to measure his behavior against, anything can be interpreted as creepy.

I won't take business trips alone with women anymore. Something I wouldn't have thought was necessary even a few years ago. I avoid being alone with women other then my wife. I don't trust women, doubly since I actually started researching feminine psychology and the feminist movement.
InCel detected.

This is exactly the kind of statement that gives fodder to people that want to make false accusations. Its such a pansy statement by the guy and to be afraid to flirt because of the metoo movement is pathetic.
Self fulfilling prophecy orrrrr... He told on himself.

I understand the first part of your post, but there is a point where that "persistence" and unwillingness to take no for an answer creates undesirability and turns girls off because of giving out a creepy stalker vibe how I said in my post.
Yes agreed. But that line is never clear to the man or the woman.

If every man who initially pursued a woman who said no, at first, just quit trying most of the happy relationships and marriages would not exist.

So the man has to try often to over come an initial no and the women often expect and want them too.

Not every man will be successful. Some no's will remain no's and some women may even become annoyed by the pursuit. And that is ok. It is a normal part of the success and failure of trying. Characterizing it as wrong or creepy is wrong as it is normal and necessary as a part of the often awkward courtship process.

Absolutely guys have a responsibility to not cross lines into aggression or rudeness but we must be careful to not classify awkward flirting, even when not described as somehow wrong. Even an awkward geeky guy may find love and someone who appreciates him if he keeps trying.

We cannot make 'success' with the woman the barometer of whether the flirting was right or wrong.

If you're constantly texting a woman and she doesn't text back, she's not interested. If you keep trying to make dates and she makes excuses, she's not interested. If you keep trying to talk to her in person and she's not making conversation, she's not interested. If you constantly try to make a move and she's not down for it, she's not interested. It's not so hard to tell when reciprocity of interest is exhibited. You know what chasing means stop trying to stretch the meaning. It's not solely about the "initial" moment.
Agreed. I am not talking about stalking like behaviours. More the normal, no first that can become a yes later with some persistence.

Upon reading your comments, I see that many of you are fine with Cavill being a cry baby pussy who is afraid of women...

...would you guys say otherwise if he wasn't attractive?

See what I'm getting at?

No matter what you look like, it's not ok to act like a creep.

In this case, Cavill is acting like a creep about not being able to act like a creep... lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously, does he not have the foresight to know that she should keep that shit to himself? O_O

Of course backlash is fierce because... Duh.

Don't be a fucking noob to the media game. The hyperbole he used IS funny, but again, DO NOT put yourself out there like that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44819116
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superman actor Henry Cavill has apologised for claiming that the #MeToo movement has left him scared to date women for fear of being "called a rapist".

In a statement, Cavill addressed the "confusion and misunderstanding" over his GQ interview.

"Insensitivity was absolutely not my intention", he continued, confirming he holds women in "the highest regard".

The comments sparked both empathy and anger online.

What did Cavill originally say?
The British actor made the outspoken comments during an interview with GQ Australia, as part of his promotional activities for Mission Impossible: Fallout.

When asked how #MeToo affected him, Cavill said that while society "had to change" regarding the treatment of women, the altered landscape has left him feeling unsure about "chasing a woman".

"I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I'm old-fashioned for thinking that," he admitted.

"It's very difficult to do that if there are certain rules in place. Because then it's like: 'Well, I don't want to go up and talk to her, because I'm going to be called a rapist or something.'

"So you're like, 'Forget it. I'm going to call an ex-girlfriend instead, and then just go back to a relationship, which never really worked,'" he continued.

"But it's way safer than casting myself into the fires of hell, because I'm someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what's going to happen?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because all it takes is an allegation of even comments taken the wrong way have effected actors careers. So naturally it has him on edge. Fuck anyone that thinks Henry Cavill is suspicious.

Regardless, he was fired based on false allegations. Whether he was going to be fired in November a week before Survivor Series or before the Royal Rumble or any future scenario is irrelevant, as he was fired directly due to a completely fabricated story by a druggie chick who got caught gloating about their sexual encounter.

Not only was he fired, but reputation is forever damaged as some people don't even know or care to know he was falsely accused. They see him as the rapist now. This is the same for countless others. As Hardwick, who proved the girl was a lying PoS who cheated on him and was lusting after him, but he is losing his career by the day anyway.

This is why Superman is right. It is not worth the risk in today's climate. Back in the day celebs were laughing about getting blowjobs from hoes and not washing prior, and R.Kelly was peeing on kids. In 2018 such actions might get you legally assassinated approved by Congress. Regular actions such as mere flirting might get you victimized by a dumb chick looking for her 15 minutes of #MeToo fame.

I think he was fired because this wasnt his first incident with unstable women bringing unwanted attention to the company.

He has a history of having issues with females. You cant possibly expect vince to keep sticking his neck out for wrestlers not named Hogan or Snuka. Shit only wound up hurting his pockets.

Vince been down that road too many times, and likely has his wrestlers sit down and get told how yo avoid shit like what enzo did, you know, like the NFL and NBA does with their players. Prolly cheaper too.

because all it takes is an allegation of even comments taken the wrong way have effected actors careers. So naturally it has him on edge. Fuck anyone that thinks Henry Cavill is suspicious.

Suspicious?

It's rumored in many circles that he's gay, so...

Mystery abounds.

Self fulfilling prophecy orrrrr... He told on himself.

Agreed, if your a grown man and can't handle playing field that's just pathetic. Anyone who isn't some sort of closet degenerate should know how to pursue a woman in a reasonable manner.

I feel you, but overthinking impedes action. Instead of wondering "why" just talk to them and see why they are interested in taking to you. You might be surprised.
I know one of my coworkers feels this way but I do wish people... girls and dudes both, wouldn't just reach up and try to touch my beard or for him his long ass at home on Sons of Anarchy goatee. Like, wtf... who gave you permission damnit?

Yes agreed. But that line is never clear to the man or the woman.

If every man who initially pursued a woman who said no, at first, just quit trying most of the happy relationships and marriages would not exist.

So the man has to try often to over come an initial no and the women often expect and want them too.

Not every man will be successful. Some no's will remain no's and some women may even become annoyed by the pursuit. And that is ok. It is a normal part of the success and failure of trying. Characterizing it as wrong or creepy is wrong as it is normal and necessary as a part of the often awkward courtship process.

Absolutely guys have a responsibility to not cross lines into aggression or rudeness but we must be careful to not classify awkward flirting, even when not described as somehow wrong. Even an awkward geeky guy may find love and someone who appreciates him if he keeps trying.

We cannot make 'success' with the woman the barometer of whether the flirting was right or wrong.

Agreed. I am not talking about stalking like behaviours. More the normal, no first that can become a yes later with some persistence.

I get what you're saying, especially with awkward flirting and I know sometimes people have a bad day and don't want to talk, but what I am arguing is that if a woman feels uncomfortable and she's said no multiple times or is reacting in a negative way to courtship attempts then its time to shut the ego off and stop trying to force a positive conclusion.

Suspicious?

It's rumored in many circles that he's gay, so...

Mystery abounds.
so what if he is? I dont care about his sexuality. He could fuck goats for all I know but I do know that with the #metoo thing happening it must be scary for actors. one mistake and their career can be ruined

I think his concerns are justified and also overblown. It's very possible for a non-aggressive action to be misinterpreted as predatory or overly aggressive. That doesn't mean that it's happening at such a rate as to be scourge on society either.

99.999999% of male-female interactions happen without someone getting accused of misconduct. Seems kind of absurd to let an action with microscopic probability of occuring dictate your behavior unless you know that you're bumping up against that wall sometimes.

Mike Pence figured this out long before #MeToo. When I was in college, I worked hard to avoid fucking with drunk girls for this reason. I don't understand why people are acting as if this is some new phenomenon, sometimes girls don't like your approach. Sometimes guys get too handsy. Sometimes guys make a girl uncomfortable. I think this has been happening for centuries, lol.

What's the alternative, guys should be allowed to do whatever they want short of physical assault and women should never express how they feel about it? We all know that's equally absurd. So where are people drawing the line on women being allowed to express their discomfort?
Your stat is disingenuous as 99.99999% of male-female relationships are between people with similar power levels where a spurious accusation would have little to no consequence or voice. Sally working at Denny's accusing Billy working at Walmart in a spurious way just is not going to get a hearing.

However if you are an politician or executive or celebrity the risk goes way up. Accusations get an immediate voice and recriminations are almost instant. A woman intent of getting some form of revenge knows the power imbalance she enjoys and knows the mere threat of saying something, even 100% false can wreck a man in those power positions.

So I do not think it is over blown in that segment.

You've made this exact same type of error before which I corrected you on when you referred to a lack of an issue in alimony settlements and the law when you stated that something like 99.9999% of divorces end with no big payments or imbalance. But that was because you were using a source that was referring to ALL marriages where 99.999% are not between people where there is a meaningful wealth difference to exploit. We were talking about divorce laws with regards to how they take advantage of the wealthier partner and to try and apply the mass population to that was wrong like your view here is.

so what if he is? I dont care about his sexuality. He could fuck goats for all I know but I do know that with the #metoo thing happening it must be scary for actors. one mistake and their career can be ruined
It doesn't even have to be a mistake. Pro wrestler Enzo Amore was brought up and though he was probably on his way out for being a dipshit in the locker room he got shitcanned over false allegations and I didn't realize till this thread that they apparently were false.

Back