Henry Cavill Is Scared to Flirt Because He'll Be "Called a Rapist"... Why did he say that in public?

I feel you, but overthinking impedes action. Instead of wondering "why" just talk to them and see why they are interested in taking to you. You might be surprised.

Lol dude, there are billions of girls in the world. Every one of them interprets actions based on how they feel about said actions. Attraction and love aren't objective, measurable phenomena that are standardized throughout the female gender irrespective of culture and personal experiences.
Actions are objectively measurable. When the exact same action performed twice in identical situations can legally be defined differently based on the completely emotional reaction of one of the participants then that is a problem. When women start talking about "rape stares" and people take them seriously, then the issue is real. When all it takes is some absurd accusation against a media star to get them fired and publicly disavowed regardless of evidence or even the likelihood that an event occurred?

Mostly its probably the dogs that have to worry, because groups of spiteful women will lie in packs to take down a guy that "used them" in a heartbeat. Women are programmed for that behavior for their own internal politics. There is clearly no issue of turning it on men they don't like.

It doesn't even have to be a mistake. Pro wrestler Enzo Amore was brought up and though he was probably on his way out for being a dipshit in the locker room he got shitcanned over false allegations and I didn't realize till this thread that they apparently were false.
yeah I mean I fully support them having their career ruined if they have done something fucked up..... but what I cant support is people having their careers ruined for nothing

so what if he is? I dont care about his sexuality. He could fuck goats for all I know but I do know that with the #metoo thing happening it must be scary for actors. one mistake and their career can be ruined

He fucked his career to some extent being a creepy cry baby.

Any MAN worth his salt knows how to approach a woman without being SCARED.

Fuck wimply whiner creeps.

You don't know what you are talking about. The vast majority of women like to be chased. Lack of male persistence in the dating game is actually a really serious social problem.

{<jordan}

Actions are objectively measurable. When the exact same action performed twice in identical situations can legally be defined differently based on the completely emotional reaction of one of the participants then that is a problem. When women start talking about "rape stares" and people take them seriously, then the issue is real. When all it takes is some absurd accusation against a media star to get them fired and publicly disavowed regardless of evidence or even the likelihood that an event occurred?

Mostly its probably the dogs that have to worry, because groups of spiteful women will lie in packs to take down a guy that "used them" in a heartbeat. Women are programmed for that behavior for their own internal politics. There is clearly no issue of turning it on men they don't like.

A lot of anger in this post. Whats your issue with women? Have you ever been "taken down" by "packs" of "spiteful women" who were mad you "used them"?

what does this even mean?

Guys are so insecure they call a good looking dude gay.

Funny ass stuff.

So.......

Henry Cavill is afraid to approach women...so much so that he will return to broken ex situation...

I'm sorry but that sounds pretty damn gay to me.

Mind you, I'm not homophobic, but...c'mon now.

Women aren't scary and full of cooties.

Villainize the women who falsely accuse and damage the actual purpose of the #MeToo movement with the same energy and vigor as you would those who perpetrate sexual assault. Don't put all energy imaginable on destroying careers after innocence is proven. Don't show sympathy only when one gender's life is destroyed. That simple. That's all many men are asking for.

Is that really that hard to get behind?

Sure, villainizing the women who make false accusations is important. But I'm going to stop there because the reason we've reached this point is precisely because people disregarded all of the women who complained about this sort of thing previously.

It's quite tone deaf to say don't show sympathy when only one gender's life is destroyed when for years people would say that if some girl got accosted that the girl shouldn't have dressed that way or she shouldn't have gone to there alone. So forth and so on. When women complained about this stuff previously, people showed very little sympathy for the impact on their lives unless the action rose to the level of outright rape.

Marital rape wasn't even a crime in all 50 states until 1993. There isn't much ground for guys to claim the "protect us from women" argument when it was the years of minimizing of women's complaints that pushed us here. How many women over the years never pushed their legitimate sexual misconduct charges up the flag pole because they knew that no one would believe them and that it would be the end of their careers.

That makes it a little hard for me to buy the victim angle for men. Men should not do bad shit and women should not accuse men of shit they didn't do. But for years men did bad shit and women who had bad shit done to them got run over by society blaming them over their assailants. The pendulum has swung the other way and it swing back until it reaches an equilibrium.

What many don't get is that women will target men like Cavill. The accusations of sexual misconduct won't happen until after he has rejected them. Sexual assault accusations are used as often for revenge as anything. Have we learned nothing from what happened to Jian Gomeshi?
Yup.

An attractive celebrity male can easily sleep with up to 200 woman a year as many report. Some even more as many rockstars on the road report.

So if an actor or rockstar or otherwise pursued celebrity is sleeping with 200 or more women what are the odds that 1 a year or 10 a year are really shitty people?

If you assume for sake of argument that 1 in 100 people are shitty regardless of sex then 100 sexual active celebrities males will have one shitty guy amongst them and in total they will sleep with 200 shitty gals.

In today's MeToo climate those 200 shitty gals know they have a ton of power to ruin the men. A power they are using more and more frequently as they know there are no proportional consequences back to them even in the most aggressively proven wrong accusations.

We saw an attempt of this in the Ghomeshi case where the gals used the pile on effect to try and make their spurious claims seem legit. The assumption being, of course it multiple women are all saying the same thing it MUST be true. There is a real danger to a man sleeping with hundreds of women a year that if just a few of the shitty women he has slept with pile on an accusation it will be seen by default as being corroborated as true.

So.......

Henry Cavill is afraid to approach women...so much so that he will return to broken ex situation...

Yeah what doesn’t sound gay about a man wanting to meet women and going back out with a woman from the past.

Sound super gay.

Yup.

An attractive celebrity male can easily sleep with up to 200 woman a year as many report. Some even more as many rockstars on the road report.

So if an actor or rockstar or otherwise pursued celebrity is sleeping with 200 or more women what are the odds that 1 a year or 10 a year are really shitty people?

If you assume for sake of argument that 1 in 100 people are shitty regardless of sex then 100 sexual active celebrities males will have one shitty guy amongst them and in total they will sleep with 200 shitty gals.

In today's MeToo climate those 200 shitty gals know they have a ton of power to ruin the men. A power they are using more and more frequently as they know there are no proportional consequences back to them even in the most aggressively proven wrong accusations.

We saw an attempt of this in the Ghomeshi case where the gals used the pile on effect to try and make their spurious claims seem legit. The assumption being, of course it multiple women are all saying the same thing it MUST be true. There is a real danger to a man sleeping with hundreds of women a year that if just a few of the shitty women he has slept with pile on an accusation it will be seen by default as being corroborated as true.

I reminds me of the terms "casual sex".

What the FUCK is "casual" about sex...?

Men and women should take it seriously...if they respect themselves and don't want to give or receive Herpes...etc, etc...

For many, sex is frivolous and "casual"...whereas it actually means something to self respecting people.

If you disagree...just imagine if your young daughter went around being very...casual, as opposed to being more self-respectful and smart...

So.......

NO. But just as there are some shitty men out there, there is also shitty women out there.

that means a guy like Cavill can confidently approach a woman have success with her, sleep with her or not, have a relationship with her or not, but then determine he wants to move on for whatever reason (maybe he just wanted sex from her, maybe she turned him off by being shitty) and she can exact revenge via this MeToo movement with a spurious accusation.

You seem to be consistently ignoring the fact that a guy can be a good and confident guy and do every thing right and yet get caught up in the MeToo movement by a spurious accusation by a shitty gal. And THAT can make him want to be cautious as knowing who the shitty gal is up front is not always evident.

Sure, villainizing the women who make false accusations is important. But I'm going to stop there because the reason we've reached this point is precisely because people disregarded all of the women who complained about this sort of thing previously.

It's quite tone deaf to say don't show sympathy when only one gender's life is destroyed when for years people would say that if some girl got accosted that the girl shouldn't have dressed that way or she shouldn't have gone to there alone. So forth and so on. When women complained about this stuff previously, people showed very little sympathy for the impact on their lives unless the action rose to the level of outright rape.

Marital rape wasn't even a crime in all 50 states until 1993. There isn't much ground for guys to claim the "protect us from women" argument when it was the years of minimizing of women's complaints that pushed us here. How many women over the years never pushed their legitimate sexual misconduct charges up the flag pole because they knew that no one would believe them and that it would be the end of their careers.

That makes it a little hard for me to buy the victim angle for men. Men should not do bad shit and women should not accuse men of shit they didn't do. But for years men did bad shit and women who had bad shit done to them got run over by society blaming them over their assailants. The pendulum has swung the other way and it swing back until it reaches an equilibrium.

Another ugly argument from you.

Yes the power imbalance was wrong and ugly in the past. Agreed.

Yes now that pendulum has swung far in the opposite direction and the power balance in favour of women, as you note, is off and being abused.

YOu say you won't shed any tears for men today losing everything and even being jailed over wrong accusations because women had it tough in the past and because eventually it will rebalance. That is a terrible way to look at it. We should be offended by our past abuse and looking to prevent current abuse and not excusing it since the gender of the innocent being destroyed today is the same as the gender of the abusers of yesterday.

NO. But just as there are some shitty men out there, there is also shitty women out there.

that means a guy like Cavill can confidently approach a woman have success with her, sleep with her or not, have a relationship with her or not, but then determine he wants to move on for whatever reason (maybe he just wanted sex from her, maybe she turned him off by being shitty) and she can exact revenge via this MeToo movement with a spurious accusation.

You seem to be consistently ignoring the fact that a guy can be a good and confident guy and do every thing right and yet get caught up in the MeToo movement by a spurious accusation by a shitty gal. And THAT can make him want to be cautious as knowing who the shitty gal is up front is not always evident.

He is NOT saying what you're saying.

What YOU are saying is common sense.

What he is saying is...I can't talk to women because I am scared of them, so I'll go back to an ex... O_O

Weak. Weak. Weak.

What girl in their right mind would want to talk to someone who is afraid of them? O_O

But whatever, he's far too dumb to leave the word "rape" out of it, therefore, he deserves backlash.

I do find it hilarious that all of these sherbros are claiming to have better discord with women than Henry Cavill

I reminds me of the terms "casual sex".

What the FUCK is "casual" about sex...?
Oh gawd. REALLY?

There are billions of people on this planet and not everyone wants the same thing. Some people do want casual sex.

Men and women should take it seriously...
WHY? Because you do? Why cannot a person, not you, have a different view?

.if they respect themselves and don't want to give or receive Herpes...etc, etc...
You can respect yourself and take precautions V STD's while enjoying casual sex.

For many, sex is frivolous and "casual"...whereas it actually means something to self respecting people.
Sex can be frivolous and casual and that is ok.

Sex can also mean something and that is ok.

Being self respecting is not isolated to one of those two groups.

If you disagree...just imagine if your young daughter went around being very...casual, as opposed to being more self-respectful and smart...
Ugg. OMG someone please... the children!

The worst type of people in my opinion ar the ones who say 'this is my view of the world and my likes and dislikes and anyone who is different is wrong and bad'.

You are that person.

I typically like sex within a committed relationship but I have also enjoyed casual sex with women from time to time when that is what we both wanted. The last girl I had a casual sex relationship with was just coming out of a long and ugly drawn out divorce. She says her marriage was largely sexless for the prior 10 years. She was only just getting back into the socializing scene and dating scene and the last thing she wanted to do was to jump into another relationship as she was just figuring out who she was again as a single person.

You sitting judging her and saying she is a bad person because she wants to enjoy the single life a bit before getting into any new relationships is a terrible thing to do. A horribly judgemental person thing to do.

He is NOT saying what you're saying.

What YOU are saying is common sense.

What he is saying is...I can't talk to women because I am scared of them, so I'll go back to an ex... O_O

Weak. Weak. Weak.

What girl in their right mind would want to talk to someone who is afraid of them? O_O

But whatever, he's far too dumb to leave the word "rape" out of it, therefore, he deserves backlash.
No what he is saying is he is afraid to engage in new relationships because of the danger of ending up MeToo'd if that relationship does not go the way the woman wants.

He is not referring to solely the talking part which is why he says he feels safer going back to ex relationships as he knows those women and how they will act in a relationship with him whether it works or not.

Back