How come no one bought Kevin Lee's hype

Loads bought into it lmao. These forums were awful for the final week leading upto the fight.

Glad Tony put him down.
This!
Where were you fight week TS?
Load of guys fawning over him and his zero top ten wins.

Side note, I did gain a lot of respect for his skills after the fight. Proved more in the loss than any of his previous wins.

Staph or no staph he was getting put down tbh. But okay.
Can't say for sure. He took tony down and mounted him which is huge. But he gassed, and staph absolutely will affect your endurance

if he won people woulda been talking about em still

Tony has the best resume in LW div, huge win streak
Yes he has a huge win streak but none the fighters in that streak are overly impressive. When I think of other historically big streaks there are at least 3 or 4 other great fighters mixed in with those wins. Tony hasn;t beaten anyone that is seriously impressive. Not hating, the division at present is rather weak which isn't his fault.

Too rushed an attempt. Barely had Kevin Lee raised himself into wider awarenesss with his antics at the press conference with Chiesa than the UFC brass thought they'd have an insta-Conor on their hands: add (interim) belt and mix. But even Conor needed longer than that to get sold to the masses.

Plenty of guys that are as good or better than him at LW. I never really considered him a legit threat to Tony. Not only that, but it was for a made up belt because the UFC is so goddamn focused on making the entire champion concept a joke.

The UFC tried hyping up Kevin lee (who seemed to think copying Conor was going to make him a draw). We saw him driving a 2010 C Class around in the countdown. He and the UFC had high hopes for 216's ppv buys but it completely flopped 120k buys.

Why doesn't anyone care about Kevin?
its hard to say, if he won and kept on winning i think he would have gotten popular. one of kevins problems is he doesnt buy into the trash talk completely. He just says something and than backs off.To sell somethng you have to believe in it 100%.

if he beats ferg and than conor he would be pretty big. anyone that beats conor becomes huge.

It wasn't worth $60. But seriously, I have high hopes for Lee, who's got all of the physical tools and his even his boxing is getting real good. Right now, his biggest challenges are psychological - he needs to slow his mind down - even the slightest amount of self-doubt can throw you completely off your game.

The UFC tried hyping up Kevin lee (who seemed to think copying Conor was going to make him a draw). We saw him driving a 2010 C Class around in the countdown. He and the UFC had high hopes for 216's ppv buys but it completely flopped 120k buys.

Why doesn't anyone care about Kevin?

He wasn't even on the map before the fight against Chiesa. Not even hardcores were talking about him before that whole "I heard your momma got tickets"-thing. Takes time to build a following.

UFC was trying hard to push this guy but it didn't work. The reasons pretty much summed up in the thread replies.
They need to re-vamp the whole marketing team of UFC, they lack taste & imagination.

I like him now, a hell of a lot more than I did before 'Like eh, yeah like, like yeah like man, like yeah, like I da best like, yeah , like ye, like yeaaah'

im a fan of lee. i picked against him for tony but that dosnt mean i dont root for motown phenom

Poor Kevin he thought this was his big break...120k ppv's and right back down to the undercard

Yes he has a huge win streak but none the fighters in that streak are overly impressive. When I think of other historically big streaks there are at least 3 or 4 other great fighters mixed in with those wins. Tony hasn;t beaten anyone that is seriously impressive. Not hating, the division at present is rather weak which isn't his fault.
Well I’m not trying to say it’s the greatest win streak ever seen, but it is certainly not weak by any stretch. The division isn’t weak either. Can think of many better win streaks at LW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back