How Do You Cook Your Steaks?

Well done, I don't like seeing blood and shit on my steaks

i usually soak it in red wine the night before, take it out 1 hr before cooking and rub it in olive oil

Ok I'm a steak master so I'll tell you my secrets. I only grill steaks

-Drench both sides of the steak in olive oil
-Season both sides in Montreal steak seasoning
-Sare both sides of the steak over flames
-After saring both sides, close the BBQ pit & smoke the steak until your desired temperature

Also if you like ribeye like I do, try chuck eye steaks. Just like a ribeye except much cheaper.

Sounds like I have been doing it wrong by soaking them in Italian dressing instead of olive oil.

Anyways, there has to be plenty of garlic salt and some pepper then cook it rare-to-medium rare

Sear on a stove top and finished in the broiler. Grill is broke

Has anyone said ketchup yet?

Nothing like a nice bone in ribeye lathered up in Heinz.

Rare, with the blood of the animal flowing all over like a crimson river.

All you ketchup fucks are making me sick to my stomach.

It isn' bad if the steak is bloody and rare but don' understand why people overcook it. Best steaks not need sauce i think though

If weather is tolerable, on the grill.

If not, inside on a hot skillet, like in your OP.

Just wanted to hear some of the different methods you guys use. I've recently got my first place and I've been trying to cook at least 5 nights a week just because before moving out I had no cooking skills what so ever and learning has been really fun and it's a good skill to have that saves money when you just get out on your own.

I'm cooking some steaks tonight. I looked at a few videos on YouTube to see how best to cook a steak. I'm doing a couple of ribeyes. Generously salted and peppered on both sides. A bit of olive oil in the pan of course. Cast iron pan to be exact. Then letting them sear with about half a stick of butter, a bit of fresh thyme and a couple garlic cloves.

I've been told its good to sort of rub the garlic cloves onto the steaks as you cook them so I'm going to do that too. This will be my first time trying this method, previously I'd throw my steaks in any old pan throw some McCormick griller seasoning on that bitch and let it go for about 6-7 minutes a side. The method I'm trying now sounds like they'll taste a lot better.

So how do you guys like cooking your steaks? What's your method?

tumblr_o5hrlsfYmW1vr2vt8o1_500.gif
Wasn't going to post but since you're a mod, I'm going to share you my secret.

Frozen steak is the way to go. I like to buy in bulk from Costco and freeze my steaks. So this is perfect.

Also, using a good cast iron, you can pour some red wine on the cast iron afterwards to make yourself a godly au jus as your steak rests. I like to caramelize some onion and mushroom with the wine. Then pour the au jus on top of the steak. Perfecto!!

You're welcome!

Wasn't going to post but since you're a mod, I'm going to share you my secret.

Frozen steak is the way to go. I like to buy in bulk from Costco and freeze my steaks. So this is perfect.

Also, using a good cast iron, you can pour some red wine on the cast iron afterwards to make yourself a godly au jus as your steak rests. I like to caramelize some onion and mushroom with the wine. Then pour the au jus on top of the steak. Perfecto!!

You're welcome!

Wow, never heard of cooking a steak frozen before. Weird. Most advice against this.

Medium rare on the broiler, especially with a filet. If you cook a filet or rib eye more than you are just monster.

Extra well done marinated in ketchup

Back