How to get a physique and athletic ability like Yoel Romero?

You answered your own question

Whether you like it or not, that's the correct answer

Why are "people" acting like Romero didn't already fail a PED test. Mind boggling

Wasn't he proven innocent? Isn't he now the most tested guy by USADA? Mind boggling indeed.

There are only a couple dozen people on the whole planet with the physique and athletic ability of Yoel Romero. So yeah, not happening.

More like hundreds of thousands... let's not get crazy here. Not every in shape dude is a pro athlete.

If anyone here works out full time for 30 straight years they will look close to Romero

You gotta hit the genetic lottery. Plus a lot of hard work. Maybe some PEDs too.

I’m not interested in speculation about the Olympic team forcing him to do it. He passes his tests now. I don’t even care if he does or doesn’t, my argument is simply that you can attain that and people so attain that type of athleticism and physique without steroids. I am not a fan of him and don’t really care either way, but I have a lot of experience with anabolics, supplements, and training. I have seen people who use and don’t use that look like Yoel or better.

My point was Barnett was younger and lean there, they certainly did not turn him into Yoel or even close.

Again, I respect all opinions, but my argument is simply that people who don’t think that is attainable naturally are seriously misinformed.
I actually don't have anything against Yoel and I am a big fan too. Being realistic though I do think he has used most of his career even though he may not be now. And I do blame the Olympics for that. As bad as people think MMA is, I promise you the Olympics is worse.

Steroids can only improve on your genetics, so no it doesn't mean that someone like Josh is going to automatically look good or better than Yoel. It just make you a better performing and looking person if used right. I actually think Josh's problems today comes from abusing steroids in the past and ruining his own endocrine system. Either way, taking looks out of the equation I find it hard to believe anyone could be as strong as Yoel with the endurance he has. I think this is evidenced by the fact that he is pretty much the only one throwing one hit quitters in the fifth round of an all out war.

Athletic ability: you can't reach that. It would be like asking a normal person to run 100m under 10 seconds. He just can't, no matter how hard he train.

Look: a life in the gym can bring you "close" to his look.

Lets be honest..
this is the way to do it...

muscle-suits-13998.jpg

With all the advice received, I'm sure TS is already on his way to achieve dat physique.

If anyone here works out full time for 30 straight years they will look close to Romero
Romero is 5'9" 210 lbs 10% bodyfat. That's beyond the genetic potential of anyone just lifting weights for size -- let alone training cardio, MMA, strength, etc. The absolute genetic potential for a 5'9" man doing nothing but training for bodybuilding at the very elite end of genetics is around 190-200 lbs. No one here is going to look like Romero.

Pro athletes are not clean

A 5'10 lifelong natural bodybuilder is around 180-185 lbs 10% body fat at his max genetic potential. I highly doubt endurance athletes who outweighs that figure by 20 lbs have never used anything

What's interesting is they say that -- but half of UFC's WW division is that height and that big. I don't think that the bodybuilding max potential numbers are legit. It's a different kind of size, lifting for strength and performance over aesthetics. Like GSP was 5'10 190 lbs 10% bodyfat with endless cardio and training not for bodybuilding. BUT he didn't look like a bodybuilder. His muscles were in different places. And he was clean.

You could possibly get his physique, but idk about athletic ability. That might be out of your range

You are born with athletic ability, you don't just *gain* it. And it's high unlikely to be 205-210 lbs at 5'9-5'10 with his conditioning. Go look at Mr America winners from the 1940s and early 1950s. Yoel has their stats but with better conditioning.

I would love to get in shape like Yoel Romero. I just am a lazy fucker lol. I know smartasses will say "PEDs" but seriously, the dude is a beast. Is there any way I can get to even 50% of his athletic ability and aesthetics? His is well proportioned, thick solid lower body, his upper body is like twice as good as a greek god. I am actually extremely envious of Yoel Romero's physique and athletic capabilities.

Start at five years old doing martial arts, train 6 days a week for 30 years, eat clean, take supplements and you won’t have his physique.

All of you saying eat clean and work out should take a look at Koscheck or Sonnen. They work out the same amount. How do they look?

True story. You are right on the money.

In that pic I posted of myself above, I am 5’10, 186-188 lbs, 8.2% body fat.

Do you look like Frank Zane cause those are around Frank Zane stats. 5'10 and being close to 190 lbs at 8% is huge.

Do you look like Frank Zane cause those are around Frank Zane stats. 5'10 and being close to 190 lbs at 8% is huge.

I posted a pic... 6th post down on page 11. One of the guys snapped it while training Muay Thai. It’s back and profile. I think it’ll give you a sense of how I’m built.

I’m not a bodybuilder at all, but my close friend Greg Doucette (Guinness record-holder strength athlete and IFBB pro - you can YouTube him) suggested I could walk on a physique stage with only some minor tweaking. I’ve never done any of that though. I’ve always trained for function.

What's interesting is they say that -- but half of UFC's WW division is that height and that big. I don't think that the bodybuilding max potential numbers are legit. It's a different kind of size, lifting for strength and performance over aesthetics. Like GSP was 5'10 190 lbs 10% bodyfat with endless cardio and training not for bodybuilding. BUT he didn't look like a bodybuilder. His muscles were in different places. And he was clean.

Good call.

I don’t know that GSP was clean, unless by “clean”, you mean he passes PED tests.

That aside, I think GSP is as close to a perfect MMA fighter/athlete as we’ve seen. The GSP of Serra GSP II was mind-blowing.

I actually don't have anything against Yoel and I am a big fan too. Being realistic though I do think he has used most of his career even though he may not be now. And I do blame the Olympics for that. As bad as people think MMA is, I promise you the Olympics is worse.

Steroids can only improve on your genetics, so no it doesn't mean that someone like Josh is going to automatically look good or better than Yoel. It just make you a better performing and looking person if used right. I actually think Josh's problems today comes from abusing steroids in the past and ruining his own endocrine system. Either way, taking looks out of the equation I find it hard to believe anyone could be as strong as Yoel with the endurance he has. I think this is evidenced by the fact that he is pretty much the only one throwing one hit quitters in the fifth round of an all out war.
I don’t agree that it can’t be attained naturally, however, fully agree that he probably at one point, like most modern athletes, has taken some shit. I respect your opinion and ability to reasonably debate.

LMFAO...I said muscle wise...A 5'10 210lbs guy is much more muscular than a 6'4 225lbs guy.

jon-jones-ufc-214-weigh-ins.jpg

According to you that is more muscular than this...LMFAO

maxresdefault.jpg

You're an idiot...and everybody who read this thread, knows this.

You clearly don't know shit about lifting or fitness.....or roids.

You're delusional and it's sad that you are trying to make people believe that they can get huge traps like that natty lol.
You’re exact words were “Yoel is way bigger.”
Jones would dwarf him.

You are such a shit poster and idiot.
6 3 224. Yoel would look like a child next to this guy. Man I feel bad for you that you can’t grasp the size difference.
Terrell-Owens-Antonio-Sabato-Jr.-David-Chokachi-and-Stephen-Boss-in-The-High-Dive-02.jpg
main_icon.jpg

I think alot of it is genetics. There was this swole explosive guy at my school and he came to the gym one day while we were doing curls. I said come lift with us and he did one rep and got the fuck outta there. Never saw this guy workout at all other than that but he was built better than me.
Wish I had Yoels genetics.

Back