How to get a physique and athletic ability like Yoel Romero?

I would love to get in shape like Yoel Romero. I just am a lazy fucker lol. I know smartasses will say "PEDs" but seriously, the dude is a beast. Is there any way I can get to even 50% of his athletic ability and aesthetics? His is well proportioned, thick solid lower body, his upper body is like twice as good as a greek god. I am actually extremely envious of Yoel Romero's physique and athletic capabilities.
Hulk Hogan told me to say my prayers and eat my vitimins

he seems like a trustworthy guy, I'll take his word for it

LMFAO...I said muscle wise...A 5'10 210lbs guy is much more muscular than a 6'4 225lbs guy.

jon-jones-ufc-214-weigh-ins.jpg

According to you that is more muscular than this...LMFAO

maxresdefault.jpg

You're an idiot...and everybody who read this thread, knows this.

You clearly don't know shit about lifting or fitness.....or roids.

You're delusional and it's sad that you are trying to make people believe that they can get huge traps like that natty lol.
Oh and he’s not more muscular just more aesthetic. Next to a larger guy he’s not that big. Your obsession with traps is borderline creepy.
109435.jpg

Oh and he’s not more muscular just more aesthetic. Next to a larger guy he’s not that big. Your obsession with traps is borderline creepy.
109435.jpg
You're an idiot....I said Yoel is a 5'10 manlet....So of course a big guys will look bigger....Muscular wise, Yoel is bigger.

Being muscular does not just count arms/abs/chest like you seem to think, even tho when we have a better pic and not holly in the middle, it's clear that Yoel has a more muscular upper front body....It's clear that Yoel has a way muscular back/legs than Yoel.

Anybody who knows anything about the human body, knows Yoel is more muscular than a 225lbs Jon Jones who has no leg muscle and way less back muscles than Yoel.

You’re exact words were “Yoel is way bigger.”
Jones would dwarf him.

You are such a shit poster and idiot.
6 3 224. Yoel would look like a child next to this guy. Man I feel bad for you that you can’t grasp the size difference.
Terrell-Owens-Antonio-Sabato-Jr.-David-Chokachi-and-Stephen-Boss-in-The-High-Dive-02.jpg
main_icon.jpg
My words were Yoel has more muscle...I said Yoel is a 5'10 manlet so of course a bigger guy will dwarf him...Not really surprising.

Again...You seem to think muscles are just the front upper body.

spl417248_020_1.jpg

Terrell-Owens-Antonio-Sabato-Jr.-David-Chokachi-and-Stephen-Boss-in-The-High-Dive-45.jpg

His legs are really laking...He has that Arnold Schwarzenegger look...Sure he has good arms and upper front body...But his legs aren't even close to Yoels.

Lastly...LMFAO @ you thinking a top paying athlete like terrel owens was Natty....Just LMFAO.

I wasnt making any gains until I started having a daily zinc supplement now im just a few weeks from looking like Yoel

What's interesting is they say that -- but half of UFC's WW division is that height and that big. I don't think that the bodybuilding max potential numbers are legit. It's a different kind of size, lifting for strength and performance over aesthetics. Like GSP was 5'10 190 lbs 10% bodyfat with endless cardio and training not for bodybuilding. BUT he didn't look like a bodybuilder. His muscles were in different places. And he was clean.

The issue is, like you said, being that big(5'10 190 lbs 10% bf) while having endless cardio and not doing bodybuilding specific training(higherish volume and less focus on strength). While GSP and Romero would never win a bb competition since their muscles are not that proportional, they still have tell tale signs of steroid use. Look at his 3D delts and big traps in that picture,

xCTrP0G.png

I really doubt that an endurance athlete can maintain that natty ... on top of that, there was no drug testing at all

The issue is, like you said, being that big(5'10 190 lbs 10% bf) while having endless cardio and not doing bodybuilding specific training(higherish volume and less focus on strength). While GSP and Romero would never win a bb competition since their muscles are not that proportional, they still have tell tale signs of steroid use. Look at his 3D delts and big traps in that picture,

xCTrP0G.png

I really doubt that an endurance athlete can maintain that natty ... on top of that, there was no drug testing at all

That's just body shape. I have the same shaped delts and bigger traps at 150 lbs when I'm low bodyfat % and I'm completely natural and don't work out or diet. I got like the worst athletic genetics ever, just good muscle shapes to look cool. Muscle shapes are just that.. shapes.

I’d happily bet on it.

Do you consistently maintain sub 10% body fat? Can you bench your body weight for 50 full reps for a warmup? Then go on to do ~50+ more reps of heavy work between sets? Still on bench, before you get in to another 90 minutes of hard work? Can you do 30 full widegrip pull-ups for 5 sets after doing ~120 reps (broken up between sets) of deadlifts, after you’ve cooked your CNS?

I’ve been at this a long time and I know my work rate is objectively significant.

My standing vertical and long jumps are freakish.

So yeah. I expect I could outwork you on a pound for pound basis across the board.

Possibly not. But I doubt it.
colour me impressed .
a couple of questions .
1) do you know your 1 rep max on Chinups/ Pullups ?
my best is an additional 50 kg at a BW of around 68 - 70 kg
2) any tips on getting pull-ups past 20 reps been stuck for awhile now the best Ive reached when I wasn't 15 @ a BW of 50 kg ( where I could do 30 ) is 26
Thanks for any feedback

#1 Be black. (Not meant to be racist, just a fact).
#2 Have enough natural T to impregnate a small town.
#3 Do alpha male shit.
#4 Eat hosemeat by the kilo.

colour me impressed .
a couple of questions .
1) do you know your 1 rep max on Chinups/ Pullups ?
my best is an additional 50 kg at a BW of around 68 - 70 kg
2) any tips on getting pull-ups past 20 reps been stuck for awhile now the best Ive reached when I wasn't 15 @ a BW of 50 kg ( where I could do 30 ) is 26
Thanks for any feedback

Hey brother. I do not know my max on doing chin-ups/pull ups with additional weight. I used to chain a 45 lb plate to my waist and do 5 sets of 8-12 reps, but I never went heavier than that. I can tell you that, at the time, I found the last 2 sets to be incredibly difficult. I would have already done deadlifts though, so I would be pretty burned out.

I know a lot of gym-rats will disagree with me, as philosophies vary. But as I indicated previously, I do atypically high volume and have done so for many years. The reason for this is my desire to maintain explosive and significant strength while grappling under fatigue. I've had much bigger men comment on how physically strong I feel on the mat. That said, I'm not a power lifter, so I don't claim to be insanely powerful from a 1-rep-max perspective, at all. My best numbers for 3 reps (after doing 100+ reps in each exercise, building up in weight), are as follows: Bench - 315 lbs x 3; Squat (right to the floor, literally sitting on my heels) 335 x 3; Deadlift - 450 x 3, at a body-weight of 186 - 188 lbs.

I will give you the program I used, where I was hitting pullup numbers like that. This is one day out of a 4-day program that you train in a 5-day cycle, so once a week, you are repeating one of the days. Here is my back day from that program. Obviously, you will need to adjust the weights to suit yourself.

Day 2: Back & Traps

Sumo Deadlift
185 x 30; 225 x 25; 275 x 15; 315 x 12; 365 x 8; 405 x 5; 450 x 3 (98 total reps)

Conventional elevated/deficit deadlifts (standing on 2 or 3 plates stacked up, so the bar is very nearly resting across the tops of your feet, making the range of motion on the llift greater)
315 x 12; 315 x 12; 315 x 12 (36 total reps)

The foregoing may be too rep heavy for you... so consult with some knowledgeable people and train with a friend to police your form. If you are too fatigued, it is easy to injure your back during deadlifts, so be cautious. Don't injure yourself trying to be superman!

NOTE: I was ocasionally doing my deadlifts at noon or early afternoon (as I would have pounded out more than 130 reps and this can get time-consuming), and then coming back to the gym to do everything that comes next at 6:00 or 7:00 p.m.

Wide grip chin ups
3 - 5 sets to failure (I eventually built up to ~30 reps per set, often tapering off to fewer reps with each successive set)

Hammer-Strength Pulldown machine
2 sets to failure - try to set the weight so you hit failure at 10 - 12 reps

Seated Cable Rows
12 - 15 reps (fail in this range)
10 - 12 reps (fail in this range)
reduce weight by 20% and work to failure - push hard to breach 15 reps

Shrugs
25 - 30 reps, then increase weight
20 - 25 reps, then increase weight
15 - 20 reps, then increase weight
10 - 15 reps, then immediately start doing partial reps to failure

Reverse Pec Dec superset with Serratus Lat Pulldown (use the "V"-bar people often use for tricep press downs and lean forward and lower the bar until it hits your body, squeezing your serratus the entire time, with your elbows slightly bent... even light weight will BURN)
12 - 15 reps reverse prec dec followed by 10 - 12 reps serratus lat pulldown
Do this Superset for 3 sets.

Best of luck, my friend.

xCTrP0G.png

100%. GSP's clearly sauced out of his head there.

xCTrP0G.png

Bbbuutt he never failed a test and advocated for more stringent testing.

(Being facetious here)

Hey brother. I do not know my max on doing chin-ups/pull ups with additional weight. I used to chain a 45 lb plate to my waist and do 5 sets of 8-12 reps, but I never went heavier than that. I can tell you that, at the time, I found the last 2 sets to be incredibly difficult. I would have already done deadlifts though, so I would be pretty burned out.

I know a lot of gym-rats will disagree with me, as philosophies vary. But as I indicated previously, I do atypically high volume and have done so for many years. The reason for this is my desire to maintain explosive and significant strength while grappling under fatigue. I've had much bigger men comment on how physically strong I feel on the mat. That said, I'm not a power lifter, so I don't claim to be insanely powerful from a 1-rep-max perspective, at all. My best numbers for 3 reps (after doing 100+ reps in each exercise, building up in weight), are as follows: Bench - 315 lbs x 3; Squat (right to the floor, literally sitting on my heels) 335 x 3; Deadlift - 450 x 3, at a body-weight of 186 - 188 lbs.

I will give you the program I used, where I was hitting pullup numbers like that. This is one day out of a 4-day program that you train in a 5-day cycle, so once a week, you are repeating one of the days. Here is my back day from that program. Obviously, you will need to adjust the weights to suit yourself.

Day 2: Back & Traps

Sumo Deadlift
185 x 30; 225 x 25; 275 x 15; 315 x 12; 365 x 8; 405 x 5; 450 x 3 (98 total reps)

Conventional elevated/deficit deadlifts (standing on 2 or 3 plates stacked up, so the bar is very nearly resting across the tops of your feet, making the range of motion on the llift greater)
315 x 12; 315 x 12; 315 x 12 (36 total reps)

The foregoing may be too rep heavy for you... so consult with some knowledgeable people and train with a friend to police your form. If you are too fatigued, it is easy to injure your back during deadlifts, so be cautious. Don't injure yourself trying to be superman!

NOTE: I was ocasionally doing my deadlifts at noon or early afternoon (as I would have pounded out more than 130 reps and this can get time-consuming), and then coming back to the gym to do everything that comes next at 6:00 or 7:00 p.m.

Wide grip chin ups
3 - 5 sets to failure (I eventually built up to ~30 reps per set, often tapering off to fewer reps with each successive set)

Hammer-Strength Pulldown machine
2 sets to failure - try to set the weight so you hit failure at 10 - 12 reps

Seated Cable Rows
12 - 15 reps (fail in this range)
10 - 12 reps (fail in this range)
reduce weight by 20% and work to failure - push hard to breach 15 reps

Shrugs
25 - 30 reps, then increase weight
20 - 25 reps, then increase weight
15 - 20 reps, then increase weight
10 - 15 reps, then immediately start doing partial reps to failure

Reverse Pec Dec superset with Serratus Lat Pulldown (use the "V"-bar people often use for tricep press downs and lean forward and lower the bar until it hits your body, squeezing your serratus the entire time, with your elbows slightly bent... even light weight will BURN)
12 - 15 reps reverse prec dec followed by 10 - 12 reps serratus lat pulldown
Do this Superset for 3 sets.

Best of luck, my friend.
Thanks heaps for the reply .
I asked about your 1 rep max on Chin ups mainly because I was just interested in the Correlation of 1 rep max to max reps .

Sumo Deadlift

I actually do a similar warm up for all my work outs with either deadlift or squats working to a heavy triple to single - never all out as I find it a good way to prime form and also gauge how recovered I am and whether or not I should back down or push my self .

Also I have had plenty of injuries some most of the time trying to push myself when I shouldn't but I have never had a back injury , That the one part of my body I will never risk .
Thanks once again

NXropVb.jpg

You talk without steroids?? Forget Romero or Lombard. If you eat right, lift heavy weights and take a photo before breakfast, while being a bit dehydrated, it is possible to look like Alves (minus the shoulders, obviously).

If anyone has a different advise, they are probably untrained slobs, that just make things up.

Not really. I mean a low bodyfat percentage with a quite muscular base is pretty much attainable naturally as well. If you mean the roundness of the muscle bellies and the shape of those muscles are genetically determined.

You start by being developed in one the greatest international wrestling programs in the world where you are sparring and drilling everyday with other world class wrestlers, then you add superior genetics.

quit your day job and sink all your time into the gym at least twice a day 5 days a week

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back