I don’t want to be that guy but....

Max said himself in the post fight with Okamoto that he and his team planned on using that kick throughout the fight as Gaethje ducks down to counter and at times defensively. Yet, it's a fluke?

Somehow Sherdawg finds a way to go full sour grapes over a bout with an all time finish and featuring two all time action fighters. This isn't the first thread to dump on that fight and won't be the last. Never change, Dawggers.

Somehow Sherdawg finds a way to go full sour grapes over a bout with an all time finish and featuring two all time action fighters. This isn't the first thread to dump on that fight and won't be the last. Never change, Dawggers.

And you guys wonder why I make some of the threads I do sir lol.

a bunch of washouts pointing to the ground and pretending to bang. zzz.
What's the pretending part tho. They stood and traded in a phonebooth for 10sec and one dude went clean out. It wasn't an extended time, but that was 10sec of highly concentrated banging

Happens, Uriah got Moose with pretty much the same strike. Lucky for Moose he got the opportunity to get that fight back. I don't think well see Max v. Justin again.

You're right but its not as if Holloway threw kick to face that landed. He threw body kick that ended up landing straight to nose through circumstances. A bit of luck there no?
Max threw like 7 spinning kicks and Justin leaned into it everytime. There wasnt any luck involved. Max said he knew he had tendency to do that. So no luck there.

That Holloway vs Gaethje fight was complete bs. This is coming from someone who loves both fighters, they true BMFs and legends of the sport already. I do think Holloway is still a bit too small for 155 and that fight didn't change much imo, somebody has to say it, with people going around calling it the greatest knock out of all time, sorry but no.

The fight was over at end of first round. Was watching with a few friends also and what happened in last second of that round literally ended that fight right there to be honest, we all knew it. Gaethjes nose was broken from an super unlucky collision. Last second of the round, Holloway threw that spinning back kick to body, and at same time he was throwing kick, gaethje was going for takedown and Holloways kick ended up colliding with gaethjes nose straight on full force. It was super unlucky, bad mistake from Gaethje sure, but super lucky for Holloway to be honest. Its not as if he threw a head kick that broke his nose intentionally, he literally threw a back kick that gaethje ended up running straight into, and boom broken nose.

Broken nose in a fight is probably the worst thing that can happen. Aside from obvious pain, you can't breathe through your nose anymore, all breathing through mouth, and you can imagine how that would be in high intensity fight, where cardio and breathing is everything.

It just sucks that we didn't get to see a proper fight, Gaethje was in survival mode just looking for big shots rest of fight, while Holloway just pot shotting him at distance running around, I think its crazy that Holloway couldn't even finish him after first round, he only finished him because he baited him into a 5 second brawl where all odds in his favour to be honest, Gaethje had no choice either and obviously he got knocked out. Hes warrior for sticking it through all the way.

That wasn't a BMF fight and worst part is because of that one moment and broken nose, Gaethje got screwed and hes not getting near title anymore either. After watching a handicapped Gaethje fight Holloway like that, I think 9 times out of 10, Gaethje gonna whoop his ass to be honest, I still love Max but hes a 145er, Poirier second fight showed it as well. If anything, Holloway truly blessed and he got lucky he didn't take more of a beating against guy like Gaethje, and just enough of it being called greatest knockout too, somebody gotta call out these things, no offense to nobody. Both BMFs still for sure, but damn, Gaethje got screwed.
He rocked and stunned JG far before that spinning kick to the nose even landed. That fight was over the moment Holloway rocked him.

Happens, Uriah got Moose with pretty much the same strike. Lucky for Moose he got the opportunity to get that fight back. I don't think well see Max v. Justin again.
Yea, but Holloway was landing the same kick 5 or 6 times more after that, so I wouldn't consider it lucky. JG is lucky he didn't eat another kick to the face, thats the only lucky part

Red Wing 20mins away from being booted from playoffs.

excuse my behavior for the next few days.

{<jimmies}

The eyepokes were intentional but I blame the commission not the fighters. Justin should have used his eyepoke Stipe style.

That Holloway vs Gaethje fight was complete bs. This is coming from someone who loves both fighters, they true BMFs and legends of the sport already. I do think Holloway is still a bit too small for 155 and that fight didn't change much imo, somebody has to say it, with people going around calling it the greatest knock out of all time, sorry but no.

The fight was over at end of first round. Was watching with a few friends also and what happened in last second of that round literally ended that fight right there to be honest, we all knew it. Gaethjes nose was broken from an super unlucky collision. Last second of the round, Holloway threw that spinning back kick to body, and at same time he was throwing kick, gaethje was going for takedown and Holloways kick ended up colliding with gaethjes nose straight on full force. It was super unlucky, bad mistake from Gaethje sure, but super lucky for Holloway to be honest. Its not as if he threw a head kick that broke his nose intentionally, he literally threw a back kick that gaethje ended up running straight into, and boom broken nose.

Broken nose in a fight is probably the worst thing that can happen. Aside from obvious pain, you can't breathe through your nose anymore, all breathing through mouth, and you can imagine how that would be in high intensity fight, where cardio and breathing is everything.

It just sucks that we didn't get to see a proper fight, Gaethje was in survival mode just looking for big shots rest of fight, while Holloway just pot shotting him at distance running around, I think its crazy that Holloway couldn't even finish him after first round, he only finished him because he baited him into a 5 second brawl where all odds in his favour to be honest, Gaethje had no choice either and obviously he got knocked out. Hes warrior for sticking it through all the way.

That wasn't a BMF fight and worst part is because of that one moment and broken nose, Gaethje got screwed and hes not getting near title anymore either. After watching a handicapped Gaethje fight Holloway like that, I think 9 times out of 10, Gaethje gonna whoop his ass to be honest, I still love Max but hes a 145er, Poirier second fight showed it as well. If anything, Holloway truly blessed and he got lucky he didn't take more of a beating against guy like Gaethje, and just enough of it being called greatest knockout too, somebody gotta call out these things, no offense to nobody. Both BMFs still for sure, but damn, Gaethje got screwed.
Most people just don't understand what their seeing imo , you included.

The skill difference was vast. Max's boxing is more advance than Justin's moderate level. Max doesn't throw just 1, 2s like many MMA fighters (Justin included). He usually throws multiple shots and will catch you with the 3rd or 4th shot in the combo. The speed discrepancy was too much to overcome as well for Justin. There was so many things that Max just does at a higher level. Broken nose or no broken nose, the outcome would have been no different, I'm confident in saying that.

Last edited:
You're right but its not as if Holloway threw kick to face that landed. He threw body kick that ended up landing straight to nose through circumstances. A bit of luck there no?
Max literally said it was something he saw in film study. Everytime Justin dipped his head, Max threw the exact same kick. Several times throughout the fight. Go back and watch it for yourself.

That kick was just as fluky as Alexa drilling the back take she beat Shevchenko with. They saw it on film. They devised a counter for one specific move their opponent was doing. It was a tell.. They knew what was coming and trained for it.

And they both won. There was nothing fluky about either Alexa’s first fight with Shevchenko. Or Max’s fight with Justin. It just makes you look silly to say it was fluke.

i said it when dana did the post fight presser calling it fight of the yr... great finish is clouding everyones minds. fight was decent but it def wasnt close to fight of the yr and wasnt fight of the night for me

Back