I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

I've been watching Sacred Games on netflix.

2 episodes in & I'm lovin' it so far.

@Loiosh

sacred_games_ver2_xlg.jpg

Documentary series but have you seen Dirty Money? I'm watching it on netflix atm it's great.

I've been reading through this and would like to anti-recommend stuff people suggested.

Penny dreadful - dreadfully dull and has no direction whatsoever.

Twin peaks - evidently having no acting ability is a plus.

Glow is better than it has any right to be. I recommend you check it out.

I've been reading through this and would like to anti-recommend stuff people suggested.

Penny dreadful - dreadfully dull and has no direction whatsoever.

Twin peaks - evidently having no acting ability is a plus.

The frustrating part of Penny Dreadful was that the production values were so high and it had such a strong cast, but the story really stuttered.

The frustrating part of Penny Dreadful was that the production values were so high and it had such a strong cast, but the story really stuttered.

Yup it was interesting so i kept going but there was no fucking point at all.

Idk if it has been mentioned already, but Rectify is exceptional. Terriers is pretty great as well, alas there was only one season. Flight of the Conchords is a good off-beat kind of nonsense.

Patriot is really good so far. A few episodes in.

I read on another forum that alot of people are off put by the name and the description so didn't watch it at first which is exactly why I hadn't watched it yet so I gave it a go. Glad I did. It's not what you'd think from the name and description.

Not sure how correct this is but someone said it was Coen Bros. meets Wes Anderson meets McDonagh Bros

I adore that show and can't wait until the next season.

You're the only one so far that's really given it a chance.

I was one of those that gave it a pass but based on these two posts I've now binged the first season. Very enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to the next season.

I've been watching Strange Angel and... I don't know if I can recommend it unless you are interested in the real life story its based on. Its about Jack Parsons and the founding of JPL. I'm enjoying it enough so far, but its more campy than I would have preferred for this particular story. Then again, considering the subject matter, maybe that approach is best.

I was one of those that gave it a pass but based on these two posts I've now binged the first season. Very enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to the next season.

Rochambeau?

maxresdefault.jpg

Back