I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

91H9fkJZ7WL._SL1500_.jpg

This show is excellent. It has no reason to be, but it is. Funny, poignant, and really well crafted.

Surprised to not see The Americans listed yet. I enjoyed. Great pacing.

96% RT, 8.6 on IMDB
Keri Russel is also GOAT MILF and gets plenty naked.

the-americans-2013.jpg

Philip and Elizabeth Jennings are two KGB spies in an arranged marriage who are posing as Americans in suburban Washington, D.C., shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected president. The couple have two children, teenager Paige and preteen Henry, who are unaware of their parents' true identities. The complex marriage becomes more passionate and genuine each day but is continually tested as the Cold War escalates. As Philip begins to warm up to America's values and way of life, his relationship with Elizabeth becomes more complicated. Further complicating things is the arrival of the Jennings' new neighbour, FBI agent Stan Beeman, who is part of a new division of the agency tasked with fighting foreign agents on U.S. soil. The drama series was created by former CIA agent-turned-author Joe Weisberg.

I'm behind a bit but I like the show.

91H9fkJZ7WL._SL1500_.jpg

This show is excellent. It has no reason to be, but it is. Funny, poignant, and really well crafted.

I'm a HUGE fan. Last series was a fantastic ending.

Also, one of the best theme songs ever.

Bosch (great show)
Sneaky Pete
Mad Dogs (great show)
Goliath (season 1 >>> season 2)
Black Mirror (dark af)
Altered Carbon (really good sci fi)
The Staircase (doc)
Wild Wild Country (doc)
Red Oakes (a great, lighthearted show; underrated)
The Fall (dark af)
Silicon Valley (HBO comedy)

Last edited:
Patriot is really good so far. A few episodes in.

I read on another forum that alot of people are off put by the name and the description so didn't watch it at first which is exactly why I hadn't watched it yet so I gave it a go. Glad I did. It's not what you'd think from the name and description.

Not sure how correct this is but someone said it was Coen Bros. meets Wes Anderson meets McDonagh Bros

Last edited:
I just saw the UK mini-series Three Girls.

Powerful drama based on the experiences of three of the vulnerable young girls who were groomed, sexually abused and trafficked by British Pakistani men in Rochdale and of the failure of the authorities to do anything about it.
iMDB

It was incredibly good.

Three_Girls_review__a_bleak__necessary_drama_that_subverts_victim_stereotypes.jpg

Yo u know a legit place I can check Three Girls out? Can't find it anywhere online. Maybe not in America?

If you haven't seen it, The Staircase is great. 10-part Netflix doc, like Making a Murderer, but with full behind the scenes access to the accused and his family from initial arrest 20 years ago to now. His lawyer is one of my all-time favorite documentary characters. Up there with the likes of Grizzly man, John Mark Byers, and Ma Anand Sheila.

Yo u know a legit place I can check Three Girls out? Can't find it anywhere online. Maybe not in America?

If you haven't seen it, The Staircase is great. 10-part Netflix doc, like Making a Murderer, but with full behind the scenes access to the accused and his family from initial arrest 20 years ago to now. His lawyer is one of my all-time favorite documentary characters. Up there with the likes of Grizzly man, John Mark Byers, and Ma Anand Sheila.

I don't know any legit ways to watch anything. Rather than bang my head against the wall trying to figure out what's on where, I just get everything for free.

I'll check out The Staircase, it sounds interesting. Thanks for the head's up.

Patriot is really good so far. A few episodes in.

I read on another forum that alot of people are off put by the name and the description so didn't watch it at first which is exactly why I hadn't watched it yet so I gave it a go. Glad I did. It's not what you'd think from the name and description.

Not sure how correct this is but someone said it was Coen Bros. meets Wes Anderson meets McDonagh Bros

I adore that show and can't wait until the next season.

You're the only one so far that's really given it a chance.

Yeah I'm about to start episode 5. think I'm gonna have to finish the whole thing tonight. Lol at birdbaths note, with the little bird on it. so much subtle humor.

Ahh I don't like that it ended on that cliffhanger, but I do like that it means another season

Also, Futureman is fucking awesome. It's stupid as fuck in the best way possible.

• Money Heist (Spanish bank heist series, smart and really good)
  • Manhunt: Unabomber (10 episode docuseries)
  • Ozark (Jason Bateman and Laura Linney deliver great performances here)
  • Sharp Objects (just started on HBO, 2 episodes in, so far it's great)
  • American Crime - Only 2 seasons, brushes on current social issues like racism and sexual abuse. Underrated show.

Ahh I don't like that it ended on that cliffhanger, but I do like that it means another season

Also, Futureman is fucking awesome. It's stupid as fuck in the best way possible.

There may be a cliffhanger, but the story we were told resolved completely. It's just that a new one started.

Futureman was a total riot. Great dumb fun.

• Money Heist (Spanish bank heist series, smart and really good)
  • Manhunt: Unabomber (10 episode docuseries)
  • Ozark (Jason Bateman and Laura Linney deliver great performances here)
  • Sharp Objects (just started on HBO, 2 episodes in, so far it's great)
  • American Crime - Only 2 seasons, brushes on current social issues like racism and sexual abuse. Underrated show.

I've seen all that except Sharp Objects, which looks pretty good. Will check it out immediately. Thanks.

Back