I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

Is there not a single realistic space travel show on tv?

I keep on seeing The Expanse listed as a good space show but I dunno man, has anyone seen it ?

What do you mean realistic?

People just do nothing

- Follows a group of jobless youths running a pirate radio station in West London. Very funny aswell, gets better with every season.

People just do nothing was really fucking funny. The entrepreneur Indian guy had me in stitches every time he was on screen.

People just do nothing was really fucking funny. The entrepreneur Indian guy had me in stitches every time he was on screen.

Ah yeah Chabuddy G is my favourite, he is a proper joker. All the characters are spot on though. A few of them remind me of people I know or grew up around.

Chabuddy's got loads of funny stuff on YouTube

Mightve been mentioned, but Awake was a great show imo (starring Jason Isaacs whom I love so I am a bit biased). Its a cop drama where the main guy (Isaacs) gets in a car crash and when he wakes up after the accident he lives in two realities and doesnt know which is which (when he falls asleep in one he awakens in the other. In one reality his wife surives, the other his son). Its rated 7.9 on IMDB. Its a great show and a shame it never took off.

Mightve been mentioned, but Awake was a great show imo (starring Jason Isaacs whom I love so I am a bit biased). Its a cop drama where the main guy (Isaacs) gets in a car crash and when he wakes up after the accident he lives in two realities and doesnt know which is which (when he falls asleep in one he awakens in the other. In one reality his wife surives, the other his son). Its rated 7.9 on IMDB. Its a great show and a shame it never took off.

I watched this when it was live. Great idea, loved the execution, frustrated when it was cancelled.

Is there not a single realistic space travel show on tv?

I keep on seeing The Expanse listed as a good space show but I dunno man, has anyone seen it ?
well, I've seen the Expanse and liked it. It's kind of like a political soap opera that happens to be set in space. There are no robots or aliens but without getting too much into spoilers, it gets a bit fantastical at the end of the 1st season and in the 2nd season. Great cast.

as for different kinds of series, I would suggest Misfits and the new Crazyhead.

Misfits is a completed comedy/drama series in which some English youths doing community service for anti-social behaviour get superpowers. One of the stars would go on to play Ramsay Bolton on Game of Thrones.

Crazyhead is by the creator of Misfits. Two female twenty-somethings become demon hunters. Another comedy/drama with a lot of off beat humour.

And of course Orphan Black, which is a bit convoluted for me to get really into. But the lead is great and plays the main character and the various clones of the main character in a underground shadow war that I don't quite follow:

And finally I love two of my favourites Ash vs the Evil Dead and Preacher:

Last edited:
and of course there's the new Twin Peaks. But I have a hard time recommending Lynch to anyone because he's such an acquired taste and can be hit or miss. The new season has been just bizarre at points and brilliant in others.

Summer Heights High, an australian show made by Chris Lilley, who plays 3 roles. A teenage girl, a teenage "islander" boy and one of the teachers. Really funny.

My Family, a relatively old show now but if you like british humour its great.

Off Centre, an old show but I thought it was really funny. John Cho is great in it.

The Strain if not already mentioned.

I've never met anybody who's watched it and i never see it advertised. It has however reached a fourth season.

Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire - is a very short lived but funny show imo. Even stars Kevin Hart and Matt Lucas.

Come Fly With Us - Is a parody of typical airport shows where they follow people in customs etc. If you like this show you should also check out Little Britain which is made by and starring the same guys.

Back