I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

Dunno if its been mentioned but have you checked out Documentary Now on netflix? Its a mockumentary series and every episodes parodies other famous documentaries.

The Knick

It’s the best series I have ever watched. It’s sad that t won’t get a 3rd season.

Others good ones are The Night Of, Fargo season 1(skip season 2-3), and Penny Dreadful

I had taken a pass because I don't really care about horror.

I'm getting the feeling it's something more, though.
I'm currently on episode 6. It's a suspenseful show, but I wouldn't describe it as horror at all. It has quite an intriguing story IMO.

I'll probably finish the rest of the episodes tomorrow.

The Knick

It’s the best series I have ever watched. It’s sad that t won’t get a 3rd season.

Others good ones are The Night Of, Fargo season 1(skip season 2-3), and Penny Dreadful

I loved The Knick, although they really jumped the shark in the second season, which is probably why they didn't get a third. If they had, I would have watched it.

I saw all the other recommendations, and LOVED seasons two and three of Fargo.

Penny Dreadful was kind of all over the place, but it had a great tone, and it had a great many epic moments.

Dunno if its been mentioned but have you checked out Documentary Now on netflix? Its a mockumentary series and every episodes parodies other famous documentaries.

Not yet, but I'll check it out.

I loved The Knick, although they really jumped the shark in the second season, which is probably why they didn't get a third. If they had, I would have watched it.

I saw all the other recommendations, and LOVED seasons two and three of Fargo.

Penny Dreadful was kind of all over the place, but it had a great tone, and it had a great many epic moments.

I didn’t like Fargo season 2 and didn’t even finish the 3rd season. I’ve ran out of shows to watch. I have been trying to watch The Deuce but it’s very slow.

I didn’t like Fargo season 2 and didn’t even finish the 3rd season. I’ve ran out of shows to watch. I have been trying to watch The Deuce but it’s very slow.

In this thread and the one before it, there are loads of excellent suggestions.

Hey now, I suggested it (Documentary Now) a while back and recommended a couple episodes in particular.

Sorry man, must have missed it, or forgotten about it. My available time dried right up.

i thought the unabomber miniseries (manhunt: unabomber) with sam worthington and paul bettany was excellent. its 8 episodes so you can knock that out in a week or weekend if you got time.

I am most excited for upcoming season of top chef to start this week.

Netflix has been killing it lately

bojack horseman, Ozark, the punisher for starters

vice principals on HBO was fun,

So, I finished Dark today and I gotta say I quite enjoyed it. Definitely not scary, even though it was promoted that way. It's quite suspenseful though, and I found it hard to quit once I got into it. It has a good story and good acting overall. It does leave me with a bunch of questions though, so I hope they make a 2nd season.

It does have some weak points though. One of them is the fact that a lot of characters aren't very likeable. Another weak point I probably can't discuss without spoiling stuff.

But overall, it's a solid show. I'd definitely recommend it @Loiosh , especially if you enjoy supernatural and mysterie shows.

Plebs
Chickens

2 sitcom gems from england set in period times.

Plebs has this running joke where they always end up making the water boy say something embarassing right when the boss walks in. It never gets old!

And if you like this kind of comedy, Peep Show, Inbetweeners, Toast of London, IT Crowd, and Fresh Meat are good too. The Netflix one White Gold sucks though, really awful.

Plebs
Chickens

2 sitcom gems from england set in period times.

Plebs has this running joke where they always end up making the water boy say something embarassing right when the boss walks in. It never gets old!

And if you like this kind of comedy, Peep Show, Inbetweeners, Toast of London, IT Crowd, and Fresh Meat are good too. The Netflix one White Gold sucks though, really awful.

I really enjoyed Plebs but have never heard of Chickens, I'll have to find it and check it out, thanks.

Wait a tick, having just checked out the trailer, I've seen the entire run. I forgot it was called Chickens.

I'll check it out.

Another excellent show that was filmed here was True Detective.

He-has-flair-creative.gif

I noticed that you have Lester Freamon from "The Wire" as your av.

I highly recommend "Top Boy".

It is the British version of "The Wire", and it delivers the goods.

I really enjoyed Plebs but have never heard of Chickens, I'll have to find it and check it out, thanks.

Wait a tick, having just checked out the trailer, I've seen the entire run. I forgot it was called Chickens.

I only found out about Chickens because my sister in law gave me her HULU account which has an impressive catalog of old sitcoms.

Too bad it was cancelled. White Gold on Netflix, which has 2 of the guys from inbetweeners, just plain sucks.

Im now looking for a show in the same vein as Peep Show, Inbetweeners, IT Crowd, Fresh Meat, Chickens, Toast of London, and Plebs. Basically any shows that any of the characters do, since they are all of similar humor.

My boss recommended an older show, Mind Your Language. He says it's funny ad hell, in an offensive way.

If anyone in here hasn't seen Black Books you've fucked up.

But you can fix it easily.

Fyi Comedy, 3 seasons, Dylan Moran, on netflix.

I only found out about Chickens because my sister in law gave me her HULU account which has an impressive catalog of old sitcoms.

Too bad it was cancelled. White Gold on Netflix, which has 2 of the guys from inbetweeners, just plain sucks.

Im now looking for a show in the same vein as Peep Show, Inbetweeners, IT Crowd, Fresh Meat, Chickens, Toast of London, and Plebs. Basically any shows that any of the characters do, since they are all of similar humor.

My boss recommended an older show, Mind Your Language. He says it's funny ad hell, in an offensive way.

See if you can find Garth Marenghi or Nathan Barley.

Back