I need a TV Series recommendation... Something good but off the beaten path v.2

League of Gentlemen is back!

If anyone in here hasn't seen Black Books you've fucked up.

But you can fix it easily.

Fyi Comedy, 3 seasons, Dylan Moran, on netflix.

I'm a huge fan.

I noticed that you have Lester Freamon from "The Wire" as your av.

I highly recommend "Top Boy".

It is the British version of "The Wire", and it delivers the goods.

I'll definitely check it out.

Have you seen

MV5BMTkzNTA1MDI5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY3NjAwOQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Bosch-LAPD Detective Drama.

Goliath- Billy Bob Thornton as a washed up lawyer.

The Man in the High Castle-countrtfactual history if the allies had lost the war.

Black Sails!!! No one talks about it, but it was great.

If you like crime shows i recommend Gomorrah, top 5 crime shows ever made.
Season 3 just started.

"Hard-hitting, Italian crime drama directed by Matteo Garrone, based on the non-fiction book by Roberto Saviano, who was forced into hiding after the book's publication. The film takes an unglamorous look at the extent to which the city of Naples is controlled by the Camorra mob, a network of families whose influence extends beyond the underground world of organised crime and into the everyday running of the city. Five intertwining stories show the effects of mobster rule on Neapolitan citizens from all walks of life."

Thanks, I'm 2 episodes in & I love it.

Probably already been recommended but Black Mirror is great, the 3rd season is out in a few days i believe

Gomorrah season three just started.

Anyone have any idea when versions with subtitles will become available?

You can watch episode 1 through 6 with English subtitles already, check the gomorra reddit for links

I'm currently looking for this as well. Gotta be high-quality though, I watched the first season & am currently halfway through the second on blu-ray, and it looks glorious.

So if there ain't any HD season 3 episodes available, I might just have to wait for the blu-ray release after season 3 is over, presumably later this year.

Gomorrah has been recommended to me so much but I've always struggled to find a decent D/L.

Will go home and try again tonight. Boredom is strong.

Did you try Sneaky Pete, Dark or Babylon Berlin?
The production seems rather nice on Babylon Berlin but I know you hate having to go through subtitles unless its a really good show as you said Gommarah and Les Revenants.

Did you try Sneaky Pete, Dark or Babylon Berlin?
The production seems rather nice on Babylon Berlin but I know you hate having to go through subtitles unless its a really good show as you said Gommarah and Les Revenants.

I've seen Sneaky Pete and Dark, good stuff. I'll check out Babylon Berlin. I'll only watch subtitled shows if they're very good, but there are more and more of those every year. The world is putting out great stuff.

Thanks for the recommends.

Season three of The Tunnel is out. Super excited.

One of the best new shows nobody is talking about.

This is a pretty good one. Not all time great but a solid 8/10 that I had not heard of at all......Some web sites have it listed as a comedy or black comedy but it's more drama with humor.....reminds me a lot of the style of White Collar which is another solid 8/10 show on Netflix.

imposters-renewed-for-season-two-social.jpg

‘Divorce’ on HBO is a pretty decent show. You could probably watch 1 episode of it and tell if it's your thing. Thomas Hayden Church really delivers and basically carries the whole thing.

Back