in 26 months, Usman won the title and defended it 4 times

Curious, why do people think he´s better than GSP ?
And how much title defenses in total does GSP have ?

Last edited:
What makes Colby so great ? Juiced Hendricks would’ve destroyed Colby .....Shields , Fitch and Alves would’ve likely beat him as well

Juiced Hendricks got outwrestled by Kos, Charlie Brenneman, and Rick Story. Punchers chance but Colby likely melts him via pace.

Fitch got mauled by Maia and Shields-Maia are basically a wash. Colby keeps both fights standing and pieces them.

Alves simply wasn't that good. Finished by Spencer Fisher. Lost twice to Fitch and also lost to Rick Story.
All in his prime

RDA is substantially better than Alves.He just doesn't look as cool.

Last edited:
I made a thread about Usman’s weight. I believe he doesn’t cut much weight and is around 180-185 on fight night. He has crazy cardio, never had problems cutting weight, never fought at MW and has weighed in as low as 167. He’s not tall, has very skinny legs, small hips and narrow waist. He didn’t look bigger than Jorge, who is a natural LW. Khabib at 170 would still be leaner than DC at LHW. Extra weight works good for their style. And they have only an inch of height difference. Usman is 5’11 and Khabib is 5’10.

Pretty much everyone thinks Usman is easily 1 of the biggest guys in the division. You are 1 of the few that think otherwise. You are actually the first person I've read who suggests Usman is between 180-185 on fight night. Every thread I read refers to Usman being the bigger guy (eg read the threads on his fights vs Burns, Colby, Mas, even Woodley).

In fact, people say the fact he has crazy cardio is suspicious for a guy who is so jacked & muscular. He is 2 inches taller than Khabib too. He definitely looks bigger than Mas IMO (& almost everyone else on this forum). Khabib looked out of shape at his 170 fight, does not carry the weight well, Usman looks like a action hero at 170 fight. You are entitled to your opinion, I will disagree respectfully

Usman is a clear #2, but he's got a lot of holes to patch before he can challenge GSP for #1

Very few thought GSP won .....It was a competitive fight ....Hendricks struggled against Wonderboy lol
I'm not even saying I agree with the decision, but Hendricks lost. To say he didn't struggle in that fight is absurd.

Unlike deadbeat Khabib who defended 3 times in 3 years.

Usman has grown on me, I wasn't always a fan but he's proven to be a great champ.

Usman is a beast. It’s unfortunate that welter is so fucking weak....

Got to respect that. The guys that win a belt, go full on diva, and then fight once a year are annoying.

He looked fantastic but beating an old on the edge of retirement Masvidal back to back makes you GOAT now? The man has 15 losses....

Gilbert Burns got a titleshot off of beating a 46 year old tyron woodley

Now he is one win away from Matt Hughes most dominant streak of 5 consecutive title defenses(13 consecutive wins total).

What a champion, he is making Welterweight great again!

Clear cut p4p #1 fighter in the world and legitimate challenger to GSP's legacy

I'm NOT a fan of Tyrone Woodley, BUT the ONE thing I'll give him credit for is within 365 days of winning the WW title he had defended the belt 3 times.

Look it up.

If Usman winning the title and defending it 4 times within 26 months makes him nearly the WW GOAT over GSP... well, that means Woodley has the stronger case for surpassing GSP over Usman.

So, am I saying that? Woodley > GSP > Usman? Absolutely not. I'm saying that the number of title defenses within a certain time frame is irrelevant. Its impressive, yes, but the number of impressive and dominant performances against top competition is far far more important.

Back