in 26 months, Usman won the title and defended it 4 times

What makes Colby so great ? Juiced Hendricks would’ve destroyed Colby .....Shields , Fitch and Alves would’ve likely beat him as well

Pre-USADA Hendricks struggled with every wrestler that he fought besides Fitch, and had shitty cardio.

Colby and Usman are two of the worst possible match ups for him.

The people who keep insisting that Hendricks would've dominated in the current WW division need to go watch his fights wth Story, Pierce and Koscheck.

I can't take you seriously because you used to say the same crap about Woodley <36>

but we are watching history in the making with Usman

I’ve always said Woodley has one of the most underrated resumes in the sport and I stand by it. He’s beat top flight opponents at their best. Usman has taken it to another level.

How can you possibly compare GSP’s run to the one Usman is on? I love the fact that his nostalgic fan club always defaults to “more title defenses” yet omit that he has two title fight LOSSES in which he was finished.

I stand by what I say, Usman has taken the WW to a new level which far surpasses GSP. If you want to let nostalgia cloud your view then so be it, the educated fanbase can see the truth.

Pre-USADA Hendricks struggled with every wrestler that he fought besides Fitch, and had shitty cardio.

Colby and Usman are two of the worst possible match ups for him.

The people who keep insisting that Hendricks would've dominated in the current WW division need to go watch his fights wth Story, Pierce and Koscheck.
He didn’t struggle with Gsp ....Hendricks would bully Colby

With two of those being Jorge masvidal though. And one of those times on 6 days notice

That’s like 2 fughts a year which is commendable

I like the Matt Hughes hate. Get at me when usman fights all over the world beer various rule sets and has almost 60 fights.

I can't hate on Usman. The guy stays active and hurts people....

If we’re not all lying to ourselves, Chael P Sonnen

The Usman hate is pretty intense and I don’t get it. I’m really impressed with his title reign and I think he is 3 defences away from cementing himself as the greatest fighter in WW history.

It's easy to get. Every dominant champ has critics. Fans are downright affectionate to Usman compared to GSP in his prime. This forum was filled with threads complaining about GSP's style.

I want to find a reason to discount him, but I can't.

GSP is still the GOAT though.

Now he is one win away from Matt Hughes most dominant streak of 5 consecutive title defenses(13 consecutive wins total).

What a champion, he is making Welterweight great again!

Clear cut p4p #1 fighter in the world and legitimate challenger to GSP's legacy

This is irelevant to P4P number 1 cause Jones initial 4 defenses were better, much better than any run of fights in MMA history.

I’ve always said Woodley has one of the most underrated resumes in the sport and I stand by it. He’s beat top flight opponents at their best. Usman has taken it to another level.

How can you possibly compare GSP’s run to the one Usman is on? I love the fact that his nostalgic fan club always defaults to “more title defenses” yet omit that he has two title fight LOSSES in which he was finished.

I stand by what I say, Usman has taken the WW to a new level which far surpasses GSP. If you want to let nostalgia cloud your view then so be it, the educated fanbase can see the truth.

<DCWhoa>

Last edited:
I like Usman, and his activity. But half his title defenses are Jorge Masvidal, and another is Gilbert Burns.

Let’s not get carried away here.

And 2 of those 4 titles defenses are against Jorge Journeyman Masvidal

Back