In hindsight, what's your assessment of the MayMac fight?

I'm torn between thinking it was a glorified WWE version of a boxing match OR Paulie actually screwed Conor over by giving Floyd all the inside info on his gameplan costing him the fight or at least giving Conor no chance.

The fight did exactly what it was intended to do, which is draw a lot of attention & turn it into boat loads of money. Anyone with expectations of a highly technical & competitive boxing match was delusional, or naive at best.

It was a spectacle. An event. Not a legitimate, evenly matched, boxing match that left honest intrigue about who would emerge victorious. At least not to those who understood what was happening & the subtle differences between boxing & an MMA match contested entirely on the feet.

It confirmed that boxing is light years away from fighting.

dude you have a problem. what are you getting out of posting the same shit over and over again?

did i already remind you that in mma theres no groin shots or eyepokes, which is the first thing anyone would do in a real fight? did i remind you several times already?

dude seriously, you need to find a way out of this rut

dude you have a problem. what are you getting out of posting the same shit over and over again?
Educating the masses: "The children are our future."

did i already remind you that in mma theres no groin shots or eyepokes, which is the first thing anyone would do in a real fight? did i remind you several times already?
Goes to show how far boxing is from fighting.

dude seriously, you need to find a way out of this rut
Translation: "Ignorance is bliss."

Goes to show how far boxing is from fighting.

Translation: "Ignorance is bliss."

same old shit over and over. aren't you ashamed? don't you have anything better to do than this? what an embarassment

Have you ever posted anything real on here or just this sad bullshit. Everyone here thinks you are a joke, the only education you are providing is how to be a complete failure

Have you ever posted anything real on here or just this sad bullshit. Everyone here thinks you are a joke, the only education you are providing is how to be a complete failure
You attack what you don't understand...typical human behavior. They did the same thing to Socrates.

Exactly as expected really? Most of you expected Conor to win more rounds and land more punches than Marquez and most of Floyd's opponents? Really? Lol

In hindsight? It was the most successful fight ever. And, it delivered; the hype, you say, was bs. But to me, it was exciting af and there were so many sub stories that it was like a HBO series (Paulie, spilled game plans, world tour, Conor's tactics, Floyd's problems with Roger, it could go on all day).

Although it was 100 and the undercard blew, it was rare that I bought a boxing match and really feel it delivered to the fullest. Everyone not trolling or bitter pretty much agrees, it was the best version of what it could have possibly been. Both guys increased their legends and can hold their heads high.

Exactly as expected really? Most of you expected Conor to win more rounds and land more punches than Marquez and most of Floyd's opponents? Really? Lol
Agreed. By every possible metric, Conor exceeded all rational expectations. I think it's safe to say that if any other MMA fighter did that against any elite pro boxer, it would be considered incredibly successful. Id actually be shocked if any other MMA fighter could hold their own for ten rounds against any1 near Mayweather's level.

You attack what you don't understand...typical human behavior. They did the same thing to Socrates.

Socrates knew one thing, while you know nothing.

04f.gif

I thought McGregor looked great the first few rounds. Everyone looks like trash when exhausted.

Personally, I'd love to see a rematch with only 6 rounds.

Back