ironwolf's Tales From The East Chinese Pub. No Canadians, Gays or Obama voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do skinny people look at me weird when I get a 4x4 at In n Out. They look at me with those eyes. Let me fucking bang, bro!

In and out is awesome. Unfortunately there will probably never be one in England.

There's a fake one in Shanghai that is identical.

I had Five Guys when I was in New York, I enjoyed it. We do have a few scattered around over here, but I've not been to one yet. We have GBK Gourmet Burget Kitchen which is a little higher end, and a place called Byron, but I've not checked that out yet either.

Friggin stoked right now!!!

Just got hired on as a head coach for a local kickboxing team. It's cool because it's out of the gym I train at and he is putting together a competition team for the summer series here.

He asked me how much he should pay me and I refused to take his money. He wasn't having that so we settled on waiving my gym fees forever which is fine by me. And he gave me a free pair of Muay thai shorts.

This is going to be sweet, new t shirts, shorts, hoodies and shit like that. I'm pumped to spread my 20 years of striking knowledge on to these guys and win some tournaments.

Nice work ironwolf, that will be exciting. How much of your time will you be committing to it? Do you have much in the way of prospects to work with? Is it kickboxing or Thai?

It's looking like maybe 6-8 hours a week. It's kickboxing but I'm going to go heavy on the Muay Thai influence because that's what I like. There are some guys that have a solid foundation but need to spar more. The guy who was coaching before did lots of bag work and conditioning with them but rarely sparred and hey would go get their asses kicked. There's a few guys that are very very fit and athletic but sort of beginners which is nice because hopefully I won't spend a ton of time breaking bad habits.

I wasn't impressed with GBK that much Milkman. Byron is supposed to be good but not tried it yet.

Here in Manchester we have a burgeoning hipster food culture and there is one place called Almost Famous, you don't book, just turn up. They sell about four burgers and are pretty damn good. It ain't about a two hour wait for a table though, fuck that noise.

I wasn't impressed with GBK that much Milkman. Byron is supposed to be good but not tried it yet.

Here in Manchester we have a burgeoning hipster food culture and there is one place called Almost Famous, you don't book, just turn up. They sell about four burgers and are pretty damn good. It ain't about a two hour wait for a table though, fuck that noise.

Yeah, I agree with you on GBK, it's not great for the price. Their is a small place where I grew up called Herbies, and they used to do the best bacon cheeseburger. I may need to visit for old times sake soon.

That sounds pretty awesome ironwolf and free gym membership for life is a nice perk. How long do you plan on staying in China?

Last edited:
My issue with Five Guys is that the bun was so soft that it basically disintegrated as soon as some burger juice hit it. It got all gross and soggy and fell apart. No bueno.

There's a place near me that is supposed to be really good, Burger Priest. They have a few locations in Toronto now. They are pretty expensive and usually pretty busy. They offer some huge burgers including the Vatican City:

burgers_toronto-000.jpg

A double cheeseburger between two grilled cheese sandwiches.

Burger priest is awesome, my favourite burger joint, by far, though I've only gone to the one by lawrence and yonge. That melt in your mouth kind of burger, mhmmmmm. Comparable to a webers burger, but I prefer priests. EDIT: comparable to the bacon cheese or double burger, haven't tried the big ones.

Last edited:
Those massive burgers look amazing. Defiantly a trend that took off after I split the usa.

If eat the fuck out of one or maybe run a marathon then go there for lunch afterwords. A few brewskis and a burger like that after running for 3 hours would be the ticket.

Ironwolf the gym job sounds super cool.

Stoked for the ND UK game today. This should be Kentucky's toughest test since Lousiville.

All those burgers look/sound great - DrB, as others have said - Carls Jr is complete shit. Except the commercials with the hot chicks. One of the cool things about In-n-Out & 5 Guys is that they never freeze the meat or veggies. Everything is just fresher. I had a Mango-BBQ Burger from Dukes last night for dinner.

Just saw on FB that Babyeater totalled 900lbs at 132. Pulled 440. That's 20kg more than my best PR. FML

That's awesome.

My wife is going to be out of town for a week long training in a few weeks. What movies should I watch while she's away?

So far I have Piranha and Moon on the list. She's not big into dumb horror movies or Sci-fi so I figure I'll catch up that week.

I saw some chick on the gram pulling like 550, I felt like a lil bitch.

Stoked for the ND UK game today. This should be Kentucky's toughest test since Lousiville.

Off to a good start.

Some poor lack of calls by the refs already though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back