Is your fandom or lack thereof for WMMA tied to your political beliefs?

Liberal. I'd watch two bums fight behind a dumpster if they got after it good enough.

As long as Dana is letting guys like Mike Jackson, CM Punk and James Toney fight you can't protest (most) WMMA bouts with a straight face.

As a serious reply to your topic; You make blatant assumptions in your OP instead of asking a legitimate question. You want to see if political leaning influence the appreciation of WMMA, but show your inherent bias by assuming and only giving the options of liberals supporting and conservatives resisting WMMA. You come into this discussion with with a preconception of what the answer you're looking for is. You ask if political leanings influence the perceptions of WMMA, but then answer the question for yourself by insinuating that Conservatives will naturally dislike WMMA whereas Liberals would naturally like it.
I asked if any of you thought if there was a correlation between the two and gave a couple examples of some people's attitudes around here and how they MIGHT be defined.

Not sure if the OP is supposed to be comedy or not but I found it hilarious.

Conservatives are guys that think woman should be barefoot and only in a kitchen. Okay, son. Log out of Tumblr and join the real world whenever you are ready.
Hey bud, I was just parroting some of the things I've read around here over the years. I could post shit that I've read that is way worse that has been posted. I realize that a lot of you guys aren't serious and probably are trolling in regards to WMMA, but there's something to be said for it.

I’m libertarian, but have started to HATE the left when it comes to national politics.

I like WMMA. I understand that a 135 dude would normally destroy a 135 chick and that women typically don’t have the strength, power, or quickness of men, but who gives a fuck? I still enjoy seeing the very best at their crafts matching up against the best. They’re still badasses and deserve respect IMO.

Also, for me, athletic chicks are a big turn on, so I’m in love with Joanna Champ and Karote Hottie lol. But I still am gonna watch Cyborg anytime she fights. She’s incredible. I like watching Nunes as well.

@TeTe

Great thread bud, I am non partisan in terms of my political beliefs.
I am impartial on wmma, some of the lady cans don't seem nearly as skilled as the men cans(e.g. Cindy Dandois, Bareknuckle Bec Rawlings)
I enjoyed ol Honda armbaring the shit out all comers to bad her ego and belief in her boxing grew as much as her fame.

In order to support WMMA you would have to support it on the basis it is woman & thats it . No merit base whatsoever no regard for the lack of depth or skill .

Common Sense / Have Brain = Right
Retardation / No Brain = Left
Guess i'm OK with that .

In order to support WMMA you would have to support it on the basis it is woman & thats it . No merit base whatsoever no regard for the lack of depth or skill .

The reason I stated for liking it, would seem to run contrary to your statement wouldn't it?

Pretty sure it's the lack of skill in WMMA people aren't a fan of.
uh

joanna is the best striker in mma and has the best jab in mma male or female

and karolina's kickboxing is outstanding, you're supposed to swing sloppy with ur eyes closed and ur head down........duhhhh

this is what joe rogan told me and joe never lies

Howd that blonde lady get into the UFC? is her Jiu jitsu really good or something?

I enjoy WMMA when the fights are exciting just like any other fight. The problem with Girl fights for the most part is that they have too much lay and pray and too much clinching against the cage. Lot's of dead time. That's all there is to it. Politics never enters my mind.

I just don't like women fighting and I'd have voted Trump not Clinton.

If they want to fight and there is a market then more power to them. My politics have nothing to do with my dislike of WMMA. My interest falls off of a cliff with the weight classes below LW for men. I really dont care to see fights with even less physicality than those.

I’m a female most would consider very liberal. Outside of a couple fighters I don’t like wmma nearly as much, but I don’t hate it enough to skip it when it’s on a card I’m watching (although I might take a smoke break...occasionally do that during boring men’s fights too)

I lean left, I wouldn't say I support WMMA, at least like I do men's MMA. I believe it has a right to exist. I'll even watch some of the better fights. However, I'm not a sissy boy. I'm not going to sit there and pretend WMMA is something that it isn't. I think people like to get the two mixed up (more so redneck "red pills" that can't decipher the difference between being against allowing people to rape whomever they want, and letting women walk all over them). I've seen sissy boys come from all political leanings. That should be the better question, is your fandom or lack thereof for WMMA tied to you being sissy boy or not? The answers will all be 100%, so maybe the question doesn't need to be asked after all.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize women are physically inferior (from a competition perspective) and thus present a watered-down product, and that's not including other variables such as social roles, interest in competing, taking care of children, etc. that lowers the percentage of competitors to an even more niche status than men's MMA. WMMA will never be on the level of men's, that's just fact. So it's hard to support it, at least to the extent of men's MMA. I can't blame anyone not liking it as much, or even watching it all.

However, people do take their disdain for WMMA way too far here, and I honestly don't think it's trolling whether it's said in jest or not. It's obvious they aren't just affected by the inferior physicality, but this is a more deep-rooted issue of female hatred for them, presumbly from never or great difficulty in getting laid.

Pretty sure it's the lack of skill in WMMA people aren't a fan of.
Aye. I am no more a fan of any CM Punk fight than I am of WMMA. Women who can actually fight in MMA are great to watch. There just aren't a whole lot who are skilled.

However, people do take their disdain for WMMA way too far here, and I honestly don't think it's trolling whether it's said in jest or not. It's obvious they aren't just affected by the inferior physicality, but this is a more deep-rooted issue of female hatred for them, presumbly from never or great difficulty in getting laid.

Good post.. I left this part of the quote because this falls in line with what I was really getting at. It's one thing to dislike or like it for technical reasons... but I really wonder about some people around here.

Back