It sucks that we have to waste our lives earning a living

I don't think everyone would be fit and strong if we didn't have work.

I think the opposite would happen excess leisure time would lead to sedentary lifestyles and over eating more diabetic obese people.

I’m not so sure about that. A large portion of the economy is dependant on keeping people entertained, gluttonous and sedentary. How many advertisements are made for unhealthy food and at what cost? Having people work at fast food and produce the food via factories too. And how huge is the entertainment industry?

If people didn’t do those jobs I wonder how lazy people would be, or if we would turn to creative learning, sports etc as something to do?

How did people behave before they had all these slovenly entertainment and food options?

Star Trek got this all figured out and they ended up being a bunch of pussies that tugged it on the holodeck and recited Shakespeare to each other.

Come to the UK. We’ve got tens of millions of workshy cunts here, sponging off those that do work, and whining about how tough they have it.

When people have nothing but free time to do the things they love they eventually stop loving those things.

I believe this is true. But I do wish we only worked 3 days a week. I’d even be willing to work 4 days.

Come to the UK. We’ve got tens of millions of workshy cunts here, sponging off those that do work, and whining about how tough they have it.

We have those in North America too, except they are billionaires and there are only a few of them

We have those in North America too, except they are billionaires and there are only a few of them

There are families here, 4+ generations old, that have never worked. If you know how to play the ridiculously easy played system, you can get “the state” (i.e. other people) to pay for your education, healthcare, housing and old age, whilst giving you enough money to live a good life - holidays, nice clothes, you name it.

And then you can whine in public about how hard you have it, and politicians will tell you that you’re right and that you deserve more.

fortunately that is all changing with the newest generation. most kids, it seems, think they should just be given everything for free. so hang in there, things may change soon!

Tecjbogoly gonna take the human race to that point eventually where robots and computers do most jobs

There are families here, 4+ generations old, that have never worked. If you know how to play the ridiculously easy played system, you can get “the state” (i.e. other people) to pay for your education, healthcare, housing and old age, whilst giving you enough money to live a good life - holidays, nice clothes, you name it.

And then you can whine in public about how hard you have it, and politicians will tell you that you’re right and that you deserve more.

lol it's pyscho man, totally nuts. I get that people "wish it was them" and whatever but I don't see why we allow that. tax the shit out of them so they have to work! If you're not working and you're putting your money in panama or some shit why does anyone at all feel any loyalty to you...

If everyone could do whatever they wanted, it would not be some utopian paradise like the one you might think it would.
MV5BMTg5OTc5NjgwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTA5ODk5MzE@._V1_UY317_CR3,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dont you want your rented yacht, though?

Actually...Neanderthal man may not have had it that bad. We look at primitive cultures and think, thank heavens for modern convenience!!! But, if you look at hunter gatherer cultures today, most of them spend only 2-4 hours doing what we would call work. The rest is just relaxing around the village and dancing and sex.
This. I'm by no means a fan of lazy assholes, but on the other hand, people need to snap out of that Protestant work ethic mindset where people exist to grind themselves down to a nub in some capitalists glorified sweatshop.

If everyone could do whatever they wanted, it would not be some utopian paradise like the one you might think it would.

This. TS gives people way too much credit. People that are on welfare and have all the time in the world, don't do shit to better themselves.

Back