Jim Caviezel's Sound Of Freedom beats opening figures of Indiana Jones

What about it? Last I checked something like 10% of the sales were from this system. So, who cares? It's 10% more successful than it should be? Oh, man. You got em, there. This is how stupid your criticisms are.

"Hey, guys. This super successful movie would actually be 10% less successful if not for a successful advertising campaign the production company did."
Not sure why you're so defensive here, just pointing out that they in fact did set up a pay it forward system in an effort to create more buzz for the movie and this is probably why we're seeing some empty theaters here and there. Its likely that tickets were bought but not claimed or claimed online by someone who ended up deciding not to go since people are less likely to commit to events when they are free. The early estimates were something like 1 in 5 tickets so 10%-20% is fairly significant. Clearly it worked to generate word of mouth as the film has become reasonably successful but the people behind the film themselves aren't shy about the fact that they used this tactic to get there. In fairness that's technically not astroturfing since they openly admit to the pay it forward system whereas astroturfing generally implies that its done in a clandestine way.

Its moreso that this film has become a rallying point for the conservative mindset that looks on all of their "enemies" as pedos, such people tend to have a history of turning a blind eye to abusers on their "side", most obviously within religion.

It was already deeply politized well before this by the right basically.

Honestly, the polarization I see isnt from the right. The outcry from the left is what helped make this movie a hit, imo. The same exact thing happened with Passion of the Christ, if people recall. The NYT called Mel Gibson a "Jew-Baiter", outlets were constantly bashing religion, etc. And then the movie was a hit and they doubled down on how anit-semitic Gibson was.

Just out of curiosity I went back to literally the first page of the thread and wondered who injected politics into it instead of just talking about the movie. It wasnt a conservative talking about "pedo leftists". It was actually some dude that immediately started making connections to priests and somehow there was hypocrisy about it. I guess? It didnt make much sense.

Then it started veering into Qanon because Caveziel has a lot of crazy beliefs. Granted, he does, and I dont think its all that abnormal to think that there might be Qanon vibes in the movie here and there. But then people just started sayin "Nope. No weirdness. Just an actually pretty good movie about stopping child trafficking". But somehow it veered into page after page of Qanon conspiracies and Trump playing "Qanon theme music" because that obviously has something to do with the movie. Somehow?

I mean, look. Seriously, if you had time to waste doing something meaningless, you could go back and scan the thread and how all the arguments started. I dont blame you one bit for not doing that, but if you did its quite obvious who started picking up the pitchforks.

Last edited:
Some Jim Caviezel level thinking going on here.

Bump...Ruhh Ohhhh
We still saying sexual predators are bad right?????
Ballard stepped down during all the movie buzz. Interesting. They knew this all along.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim-ballard-groomed-sexually-harassed-170500073.html

If people were going to make up allegations against Ballard couldn't they have gotten people outside his hand picked inner circle to say more than he sexually harassed and was extremely inappropriate with them as a boss?

Who is ok with their wife's boss asking them to shower or sleep with them on work trips.???
No big deal right?
You would still find your wife's boss credible after this right?

Last edited:
Bump...Ruhh Ohhhh
We still saying sexual predators are bad right?????
Ballard stepped down during all the movie buzz. Interesting. They knew this all along.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim-ballard-groomed-sexually-harassed-170500073.html

If people were going to make up allegations against Ballard couldn't they have gotten people outside his hand picked inner circle to say more than he sexually harassed and was extremely inappropriate with them as a boss?

In b4 "he was too close to the truth! He was doing God's important work! So they are conspiring to take him down!!"

In b4 "he was too close to the truth! He was doing God's important work! So they are conspiring to take him down!!"
Lol we know its coming unfortunately.

I just want to hear them explain how is it a they if the accusers were religious members of this very organization & cause. An organization and team they just have been praising as beyond reproach...... no woke left boogie man if it was self inflicted right???

Lol we know its coming unfortunately.

I just want to hear them explain how is it a they if the accusers were religious members of this very organization & cause. An organization and team they just have been praising as beyond reproach...... no woke left boogie man if it was self inflicted right???

Women be womening Bro.

They were just so in awe of his unflinching righteousness they obviously sexually advanced upon him and when he indulged, they claimed rape/sexual assault/grooming after.

And it's quite easy to see that his excommunication from the whole-ass Mormon Church is a Deep State Cabal action because he is directly cutting off their supply of adrenochrome

“sources familiar with the situation said (Ballard) … invited women to act as his ‘wife’ on undercover overseas missions ostensibly aimed at rescuing victims of sex trafficking. He would then allegedly coerce those women into sharing a bed or showering together, claiming that it was necessary to fool traffickers.”

Ballard has also been accused of sending at least one woman a photo of himself in his underwear and reportedly asked another “how far she was willing to go” to save children,

"Blow me to save the children."

<YeahOKJen>

So to recap:

-The thread started with the TS lying about how successful the movie was.

-Turns out everything this organization has claimed in regards to rescuing children was fake.

-The lead actor was, in fact, Q-anon nutter.

-And now the head of this bullshit organization, and whom the main character of this d-list film was based off of, has been let go after more than half a dozen women have accused him or sexual harassment or assault.

Well played trumpers. You showed us all again.

I'm just wondering, can we think of any con out there obvious enough that conservatives WON'T fall for it? Because this one had obvious bullshit all over it. Yet the first 30 pages of this thread is filled with nothing but the who's who of terrible posters all cheering along.

I'm just wondering, can we think of any con out there obvious enough that conservatives WON'T fall for it?

Why do so many people think they're falling for anything?

This is the mythology that enables everything they do, they only need to pretend they believe it.

Tim Ballard is estimated to be worth ten and twenty million dollars, apparently there's a lot of money in fighting trafficking.

Last edited:
So to recap:

-Turns out everything this organization has claimed in regards to rescuing children was fake.

-And now the head of this bullshit organization, and whom the main character of this d-list film was based off of, has been let go after more than half a dozen women have accused him or sexual harassment or assault.

I'm just wondering, can we think of any con out there obvious enough that conservatives WON'T fall for it? Because this one had obvious bullshit all over it. Yet the first 30 pages of this thread is filled with nothing but the who's who of terrible posters all cheering along.

- He got ex-comminucated from a group of religious nutters. You gotta already be weird to be a Mormon, you have to be especially abhorrent to kicked out of that gaggle of weirdos.

This is the mythology that enables everything they do, they only need to pretend they believe it.

Tim Ballard is estimated to be worth ten and twenty million dollars. apparently there's a lot of money in fighting trafficking.

Pretending to fight trafficking. The Church initially severed business ties with him when his own staffers told them they werent actually going on missions with the donations they received.

So to recap:

Heh heh I'm so glad I stayed the hell out of this thread until now :D

It's like when you open a thread and TS's source is NYPost.com lol, you just know something is fishy before you even look into it and yes, something is always fishy. It's sad and hilarious at the same time.

Tim Ballard is estimated to be worth ten and twenty million dollars. apparently there's a lot of money in fighting trafficking.
This is quite apropos of a recent CBC Radio program talking about the term shibboleth.

As I understand it, the original use of it was they would have people pronounce the word and if they didn't say it correctly they'd know the people weren't part of the local group. So, the speaking of the word is to convey the meaning of "I'm part of the group" and not some specific connotation of the term per se. I'd liken it to virtue signaling in today's society.

In any event the point is that when Hannity or whomever is on Fox ranting about the border or Hunter Biden's laptop or butter emails, or Alex Jones is telling people the frogs were turned gay, the literal meaning of what they're saying is really irrelevant. They're saying, "I'm one of you."

That's not to say their lies don't do substantial harm, because they do, but as you say, to the MAGA-naughts, it really doesn't matter what comes out of their mouths provided they send the right signals.

Last edited:
Man the right is so ridiculously easy to con.

I work with a lot of people from other Countries and when summing up average Americans I've said a few times:

"Americans will fight you to their dying breath for their right to be scammed. And they'll defend the freedom and integrity of those who scam them."

I attribute the bulk of this to religion + capitalism. Let's be real here, the reason the Mormon Church excommunicated Ballard is because he scammed donors. That's all it comes down to. Without wealthy donors they lose influence and power. As for the sexual sh*t, the Mormon Church has a long History of covering that sort of thing up and had he not scammed donors, that wouldn't have likely come out so hard.

Heh heh I'm so glad I stayed the hell out of this thread until now :D

It's like when you open a thread and TS's source is NYPost.com lol, you just know something is fishy before you even look into it and yes, something is always fishy. It's sad and hilarious at the same time.
They really let their freak flag fly in this one lol. Full-blown QAnon shit, with Hillary eating people and everything.

Not sure why you're so defensive here, just pointing out that they in fact did set up a pay it forward system in an effort to create more buzz for the movie and this is probably why we're seeing some empty theaters here and there. Its likely that tickets were bought but not claimed or claimed online by someone who ended up deciding not to go since people are less likely to commit to events when they are free. The early estimates were something like 1 in 5 tickets so 10%-20% is fairly significant. Clearly it worked to generate word of mouth as the film has become reasonably successful but the people behind the film themselves aren't shy about the fact that they used this tactic to get there. In fairness that's technically not astroturfing since they openly admit to the pay it forward system whereas astroturfing generally implies that its done in a clandestine way.

the Pay it Forward thing felt off to me in that I would have expected the donations to go to tickets for people to actually watch the movie in theatres, not just buy bulk tickets that may or may not be used.

Over the years I have donated to various charitable causes that buy tickets for disadvantaged children to go to sporting or cultural events. If I found out that my money was being used to buy tickets but in many (some?) cases the seats just sat empty I would be pissed. After all, the entire point of my donation was for some kid to be able to go to a show.

But, as far as I can tell, the people who are donating to the Sound of Freedom Pay It Forward program don't seem bothered about the way the program operated. As long as they understand and accept how their donations are used, it seems fine to me.

The movie has been a massive financial success any way that you look at it.

Back