Media Jon Jones responds to Aspinall

Aspinall is the greatest challenge at HW. Stipe might not even be top 5 material anymore. He's old AF. Jon just wants to beat a geezer with a name and ride off into the sunset. He had years to make the Francis fight and didn't, he's not about to take a fight against Aspinall.

Right, so there's no sense in even bringing it up. Otherwise, there can never be a legitimate HW champion again, so we might as well strip Aspinall too.
Is he not fighting? Is he holding out for a fight against a guy who’s not the number 1 contender? That makes no sense. You’re arguing just to argue I guess. There’s a legitimacy problem with the title but time will make people forget. Ngannou will always be able to claim he’s the rightful champion of the world. Just not holding a ufc belt. Till he gets beaten of course

Is he not fighting? Is he holding out for a fight against a guy who’s not the number 1 contender? That makes no sense. You’re arguing just to argue I guess. There’s a legitimacy problem with the title but time will make people forget. Ngannou will always be able to claim he’s the rightful champion of the world. Just not holding a ufc belt. Till he gets beaten of course
Francis quit the UFC when offered the highest pay ever to fight Jones.

He literally fled the organization, leaving his last opponent that took him to the edge, for Jones to choke out in a minute.

Coach says Francis Ngannou’s pay would have significantly dropped if he’d lost to Jon Jones​

"Man, if I lose this fight [against Jones], I lose all my protection,' the numbers would drastically drop.""

Pavlovich doesn’t pose much of a threat. Slightly more than Gane did, who was an absolute walkover squash match up for jones, but he likely goes out the same way.

Aspinall is a true threat. Stipe even as i type this is a bigger threat to jones than Gane or Pavlovich.
Hard disagree. Recency bias is a mother fucker. Pav is a well rounded and dangerous fighter. He is just as much of a threat as Tom is for sure. Much more than Stipe with all due respect

Aspinall is the greatest challenge at HW. Stipe might not even be top 5 material anymore. He's old AF. Jon just wants to beat a geezer with a name and ride off into the sunset. He had years to make the Francis fight and didn't, he's not about to take a fight against Aspinall.
Also Stipe looked old even against Francis in the 2nd fight. He looked noticeably weaker and like a shadow of himself in that fight. Imagine how much older he's gonna look if he fights Jones..

Claim who is not?

I just said Aspinall is clean. Jones clearly isn't as he has been busted on multiple occasions.

Are you arguing Jones is clean? Or did you think I was being sarcastic about Aspinall being clean?

Yes, I assumed you were being sarcastic

He literally fled the organization, leaving his last opponent that took him to the edge, for Jones to choke out in a minute.

Coach says Francis Ngannou’s pay would have significantly dropped if he’d lost to Jon Jones​

"Man, if I lose this fight [against Jones], I lose all my protection,' the numbers would drastically drop.""

Jones hide from him. Didn't come back until Ngannou said he was leaving the UFC.

He was offered more to box then the UFC offered him. He will make even more in the rematch. Ngannou probably will make more money boxing then Jones made in his career.

Heavyweight has a champion , interim champ... why not add a BMF champ while these guys sit on the sidelines...

<seedat>
Gane would be a glorious interim BMF champ. He should call Rozenstruik out.

Did you mean to quote me in this pile of nonsense or you just wanted to post a nothing burger just for the sake of it? Cuz nothing you wrote has anything to do with what I said. It’s your opinion mixed with some supposed quote and some supposed comment from a coach. Pretty sure he won his last match and left the UFC without being beaten. And I can go on about Styles/fights but even you deep down I’m sure doesn’t believe the nonsense you wrote.

I know Stipe is old, but I'm shocked by how much disrespect he's getting right now.

When last seen Stipe was going toe to toe with fucking Ngannou, ya know the same guy who just put Tyson Fury on his ass. It's not like Stipe has had a shit performance, he just hasn't been seen in a while.

For all we know Gane would son Aspinall, Stipe would beat Gane, and Jon destroys them all. I think everyone is jumping the gun again. Last month Pav was the guy, and we see how that one turned out.

Last edited:
Hard disagree. Recency bias is a mother fucker. Pav is a well rounded and dangerous fighter. He is just as much of a threat as Tom is for sure. Much more than Stipe with all due respect
He’s not well rounded and he’s a worse striker than Tom.

Jones was booked to fight In march for the HW title back In december.

So, he was ready to fight. As reported by Chael, Dana, Ariel and a bunch of other media sources. Ngannou wasn't, decided that It was smarter for him to box. Basically what Frank's coach said as well, If they lost to Jones, there was no protection. Payouts drop significantly and all opportunities go out the window. It was a gamble and Francis chose not to take it. (to his benefit)

The fight would've happened otherwise. the UFC isn't offering Frank 8 mil under the contingency that Jones might sign, he was already signed.

With Aspinall, sadly, It's just business. Jones would likely take a 50% pay cut to fight someone who is unknown to the public. As opposed to fighting Stipe who has some status, accolades and history with which to build a fight.

If Tom had some hype and marketability behind him, It would be a different story.

At the end of the day, It's prize fighting. Same reason why Ngannou left.

He’s not well rounded and he’s a worse striker than Tom.
He is well rounded. He's slower than Tom but has that long reach and ridiculous power.

Tom is a more technical fighter but even in the short frame of the fight Pav hurt him and landed bombs. Tom timed him perfectly and showed why he deserved the belt. BUT Pav has more than shown that he is still an elite HW, close under Tom. Definitely above Stipe in his current state

He is well rounded. He's slower than Tom but has that long reach and ridiculous power.

Tom is a more technical fighter but even in the short frame of the fight Pav hurt him and landed bombs. Tom timed him perfectly and showed why he deserved the belt. BUT Pav has more than shown that he is still an elite HW, close under Tom. Definitely above Stipe in his current state
When did pavlovich show a well rounded game and who against?

Jones hide from him. Didn't come back until Ngannou said he was leaving the UFC.

He was offered more to box then the UFC offered him. He will make even more in the rematch. Ngannou probably will make more money boxing then Jones made in his career.
How can Jones hide from a guy that was champion for 105 days and quit when offered the highest pay ever to fight him?

Did you mean to quote me in this pile of nonsense or you just wanted to post a nothing burger just for the sake of it? Cuz nothing you wrote has anything to do with what I said. It’s your opinion mixed with some supposed quote and some supposed comment from a coach. Pretty sure he won his last match and left the UFC without being beaten. And I can go on about Styles/fights but even you deep down I’m sure doesn’t believe the nonsense you wrote.
Not sure what you are trying to communicate

But ultimately Francis quit the UFC instead of taking the highest pay offer to fight Jones.
Never even defended a belt.

Back