Jordan Peele's GET OUT (Wins an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay)

If you have seen GET OUT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Was meh at best. Literally a meh rating. If you have seen any solid thriller/horror, you would whoeheartedly agree. Film is so trash these days however so meh like this gets ends up getting praise.

I honestly have never found someone who has watched more movies than me and i dont know if thats something to brag about but it was something i always wanted to be a part of anyways...your stupid statement of if you have seen thrillers wouldnt like this is just asinine.

Its a great film, not the best but its great. From experience on people that comment on a movie such as you usually have a weird personal issue on why they dont like it.

since youre in the miniority on who likes this film+ plus asinine statement+ cant see positives in the film=weird person

Why not assume that?

We're also supposed to buy into the idea that scraping a teapot at someone can make them paralyzed and that you can do brain swaps.

That’s a slippery slope.

That’s a slippery slope.

Not really. It's not that crazy of a thing to accept. Nobody had paid for him yet. Maybe they wanted to talk to him and see him while he was comfortable, especially considering the fact that he wasn't paid for already. What if nobody wanted him? Why commit a kidnapping and murder if you don't have to? Especially considering he was under the influence of the hypnosis and they had control of him whenever they wanted. Perhaps like with the God complex the father had, they simply get some sick enjoyment out of playing with their victims.

Not really. It's not that crazy of a thing to accept. Nobody had paid for him yet. Maybe they wanted to talk to him and see him while he was comfortable, especially considering the fact that he wasn't paid for already. What if nobody wanted him? Why commit a kidnapping and murder if you don't have to? Especially considering he was under the influence of the hypnosis and they had control of him whenever they wanted. Perhaps like with the God complex the father had, they simply get some sick enjoyment out of playing with their victims.

That’s a lot of what ifs. None of it really satisfies me, I’m afraid.

If the movie worked for you, that’s cool. I’m certainly not the type that looks down on people for liking a movie.

The movie just tapped into the current trend to anti-white racism. It started subtly at first and now is open in most media forms. Look to South Africa to see the future of whites if they become a minority in their own country.

Of course the fucking movie is an allegory. It's satire! A. I can't believe how many fucking people don't get that. B. Wtf is wrong with satire? Did motherfuckers get triggered by Starship Troopers? Robocop? No? It's because people are fucking stupid.

The movie just tapped into the current trend to anti-white racism. It started subtly at first and now is open in most media forms. Look to South Africa to see the future of whites if they become a minority in their own country.
You really just compared a film with a satirical view on American race relations to an entire country 27 years removed from government instituted classism and genocide? There's a lot of fucking idiots on this site, but you take the fuckin cake. Fuckin Sherdog...

I hated how that dude in the first scene had zero RNC defense I mean tuck the chin pull the arm bite something. if dude would ve grabbed me like that I would have shoulder flipped his ass with the quickness

200w.gif

Haha. Over a year later and offended Alt-whiners are still salty about this movie. Love it.
As I've said before, movie is awesome and smart on many levels.

One of my favorite scenes. Didn't understand it at first, but makes perfect sense once you know.

I honestly have never found someone who has watched more movies than me and i dont know if thats something to brag about but it was something i always wanted to be a part of anyways...your stupid statement of if you have seen thrillers wouldnt like this is just asinine.

Its a great film, not the best but its great. From experience on people that comment on a movie such as you usually have a weird personal issue on why they dont like it.

since youre in the miniority on who likes this film+ plus asinine statement+ cant see positives in the film=weird person

Ha. Cause if the majority of people love the kardashians it must be great. If the majority of people think kanye is a musical genius they must be correct, so if the majority of people think get out is the best thing since se7en or silence of the lambs, well hell......

I must be weird....

I didnt call this film trash....i said it was meh, which means average at best. The plot is good at times, absurd at others....the acting is good most of the time and just comedy towards the end. Im sorry, but ive seen way too many actual original thrillers and horrors both domestic and foreign which shit all over this to in all honesty say i was impressed. Ive seen ancient episodes of twilight zone which make this seem like a 3rd rate knock off ffs, so dont tell me about whats fcking quality. Nothing about this wowed me. If you got wowed by it then good for you....enjoy.

That’s a lot of what ifs. None of it really satisfies me, I’m afraid.

If the movie worked for you, that’s cool. I’m certainly not the type that looks down on people for liking a movie.

It's really not but you seem rather determined to say it is, so that's fine. The entire point of the entertainment industry is to entertain, so if you don't like it then that's just your prerogative.

I don't think you'll find any more issues with this plot than any other movie you probably like. I'm sure I can find similar issues with your favorite movie.

Maybe you're just racist?

I guess I fall in the middle on this movie. I don't think it's as great as some are saying but I also don't think it's as crappy as others are saying. I thought it was a good movie. Nothing spectacular but good.

It's really not but you seem rather determined to say it is, so that's fine. The entire point of the entertainment industry is to entertain, so if you don't like it then that's just your prerogative.

I don't think you'll find any more issues with this plot than any other movie you probably like. I'm sure I can find similar issues with your favorite movie.

Maybe you're just racist?

Remember what I said about slippery slopes? Yeah, we can point to the fact that all movies have flaws, but a fact remains that not everyone agrees on liking the same movies. Surely, there are films that you don’t like for various reasons, or do you carry your same forgiving attitude for all movies and like them all?

And I really hope your bolded part is meant to be a joke.

Haven't watched it, have you?

I guess I fall in the middle on this movie. I don't think it's as great as some are saying but I also don't think it's as crappy as others are saying. I thought it was a good movie. Nothing spectacular but good.

This is where I fall I thought it was a good movie.

Remember what I said about slippery slopes? Yeah, we can point to the fact that all movies have flaws, but a fact remains that not everyone agrees on liking the same movies. Surely, there are films that you don’t like for various reasons, or do you carry your same forgiving attitude for all movies and like them all?

And I really hope your bolded part is meant to be a joke.

Yes I was joking. Just something I've seen said about this movie before for people who didn't like it or the plot.

I tend to give plots in movies a little bit of leeway. I'm less forgiving when it comes to character behavior than larger plot issues. I also like to remind myself of the fact that if everyone acted perfectly rational then most movies would be very short.

So you saw the trailers and yet you were disappointed by the film's "anti-whiteness"?

Lol, just admit that you didn't see it. The trailers were shit. Literally the only thing they gave away was that the movie would be creepy and that the white people were the bad guys. None of the things that made the film great (the big twist, the deliberate dialogue, the layers of allusion, the building scenes) are present in the trailers.

Saw it I'm the theatre. It's a generic and predictable. I knew there was anti white themes and found them comical, to the point of laughing out loud...

I also like to remind myself of the fact that if everyone acted perfectly rational then most movies would be very short.

This is true. Especially with horror films, or else they would all be 10-15 minute short films.

This is true. Especially with horror films, or else they would all be 10-15 minute short films.

Oh yeah! My girlfriend likes to get mad at character behavior and choices and I always have to remind her of this. If characters in movies acted intelligent, it would make the writing a thousand times harder or the movie a thousand times shorter.

Every now and then a movie will have characters that aren't retards and the plot will drive them along, and those tend to be movies I enjoy. It ruins the immersion when I see character behavior that doesn't fit with rational people.

No it was pretty good very well acted, creative and absolutely hilarious at parts but it shouldn't have been in oscar contention 8/10 at the very best. Rotten tomatoes putting it at 4th best movie of all time is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't make that decision lmao why does that have to be pointed every day.

Back